April 16, 2014 | 1776 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olivella - Vegetable Soap made from Italian Virgin Olive Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

My everyday shower gel when I do not have major eczema flare up.

I noticed a lot of reviews below stating that it does not lather. It is not meant to lather or have suds as those are purely chemicals like SLS, cocamide DEA, MEA or TEA. Only by having these chemicals that washing liquid is able to create a lather or suds.

Therefore, Olivella being an organic liquid soap free of chemicals will not and should not lather. In fact all organic soap should not and if an organic soap lathers, then something is not right there.

Especially for eczema sufferer like me, the derm will always advice to "clean your skin with soap that is not soap. Does that make sense?"
Therefore, eczema sufferer like me will always look out for soap that specifically does not lather as those are the chemicals that's causing our skin to flare up.

I use this to clean my face & body. Been using this for the last 1.5 years.

However, when I do have flareup, I will switch to prescribed medicated shower gel/wash.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pump didn't work but I could live with that if it were a good product. The scent is very chemically and strong, not an earthy olive oil scent like other similar products I've used. The soap itself does not lather or remove makeup well, is very drying, and burns like crazy if I get it anywhere near my eyes! Easily one of the very worst cleansers I've ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

I bought this in the foaming liquid version and I'm not impressed. It's very drying and it reminds me of using Dr. Bronner's Pure Castile Soaps. It will leave you with the squeaky clean feeling and thats too drying for the body/face. I could see using this for your hands but it's too expensive just to use as a handwash. The scent reminds me of Irish Springs soap. I bought this at QVC.com and I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by 393939

I love this soap. The scent is strong in the bottle but lingers soft and herbal on your skin. As you dry off you can feel your skin is comforted and different than when using other soaps. I like that I use it on my face too as I have tried all the best and most high end cleansers and this makes my skin glow and never dry! I use it exclusively on myself and my son will pick this of all the sops around ig given the chance! He is 14! I order it online as I do not know where to buy it in a store where I live. It does not have a hihgh lather but leaves you very refreshed!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2007 7:15:00 PM More reviews by tommicat10

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked nothing at all about this soap. It came in a plastic bottle with a dispenser pump. The pump refused to pump, rendering it totally useless. If I had liked the soap, I wouldn't have cared so much. I opened the lid and took a whiff. I couldn't believe the strong sort of almondy, fakey smell. YUCK! It reminded me of the exact smell of a shampoo that contributed to my morning sickness years ago, when I was pregnant with twins. I almost gagged!! If you'd ever had morning sickness you'd understand! I tried the soap on my face and it lathered up very nicely, but dried out my face out considerably. My skin felt so tight and I could still smell that sickening smell. Later on, my face started to burn. Let's see; Broken Pump, Nauseating Smell, Dry Burning Skin!! Bad Soap, BAD, BAD, BAD SOAP!!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2006 9:37:00 AM More reviews by jencapsim

The liquid version of this soap is too harsh for my taste. I wouldn't use it on delicate body parts like face or genitals, and would definitely advise anyone with dry or sensitve skin to steer clear. The scent is also a bit too strong. The packaging is very nice--good reliable pump. But I definitely prefer the Olivella's bar soap.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 12:16:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Olivella Vegetable soap with Italian Virgin Olive Oil is a liquid soap in a pump dispenser. It is hypoallergenic and made for face and body. It is gentle and cleanses skin thoroughly. It rinses off completely and leaves behind no residue. It is gentle and creates a nice, soothing, foamy lather. It is not fragrance free, and although the scent is nice, it is a tad too strong for my tastes. But that is okay because I absolutely love how well the cleanser works! It really deep cleans my skin and yet leaves it soft and soothed, not irritated or tight like some other deep cleansers. I use this mainly as a face soap because it takes off make-up really well, but it also can be used as a body soap. What I especially like about it, is that it is all natural and good for my skin. Excellent liqiud cleanser that I recommend highly! Definitely worthy of 5 little lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 12:13:00 PM More reviews by ruby_tea_roses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown