October 24, 2014 | 884 users online

Gels/Soaps - Olivella - All Natural Virgin Olive Oil soap - Fragrance Free

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by scorpini

I just used it once on my face. It lathers very well but it strips off all the natural oils on my face which makes it tight and bumpy after hours of using it. Definitely, you need to put on your moisturiser after washing. For now, I will use it as a body soap and give you my verdict soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by ktpeluso

HG. This review is for the bar soap (just glycerin and olive oil). I have adult acne and this soap has drastically improved the appearance of my skin. I think all the added ingredients in other cleansers are just irritants and the simple two ingredients really sooth and calm my skin. I use Acne.org benzyol peroxide and this soap as my cleanser and that's it. My skin has never looked better. You really don't even need a moisturizer with this soap, and in fact I would avoid it all together. I think the simplicity of the ingredients is what is keeping my skin so calm and clear. Typically it is red after I get out of the shower or wash my face and it hasn't been red since I started using this soap. I could not recommend this stuff more. I even feel like it's making my wrinkles fade (because the moisture). I will try the liquid maybe someday (because the bar gets annoying, as you know), but I noticed there are some extra ingredients so I'm a little hesitant. Try it, you have nothing to lose!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 2:59:00 AM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Olivella is a well made basic soap, one of the nicest among those commonly available at American drugstores and supermarkets. Its simplicity is reminiscent of other olive oil soaps like savon de marseille. In the bath, Olivella softens into a creamy jelly, a soft and non-stripping low lather, which worried me initially, thinking that it'd melt away within a few weeks, but it lasts a fairly long time. Though it's mild enough for my body, it stings my sensitive facial skin and eyes, so be careful if you plan to use it all over. Though fragrance free, it is not scentless. The smell is odd at first---faintly vegetal clay, like the earth itself---but after a while I came to enjoy it, almost like an anti-perfume, fresher and cleaner than the powdery musks and synthetic florals of 'soapy' perfumes.

INGREDIENTS: Sodium Olivate (Saponified Virgin Olive Oil), Water (Aqua), Glycerin (from virgin olive oil)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by runningwithmyheart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is okay, but not something you need to order. You can buy similar olive oil soaps from Whole Foods or any natural products store. It's just not that special, and it does have an extra-slimy quality that makes you feel as if you didn't really get as clean as you'd like, whether it's your hands, face or body. Probably good for someone with super dry skin and who lives in a super dry climate.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by shadowboxer

I wanted to like this but didn't. The smell didn't bother me but I couldn't get this to lather at all. It was just slimy. I bought Olivella's liquid soap and like it much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by ohudsono

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My HG!! I love olive oil. This is a mild soap that feels great on my skin. It lathers up nice and washes away clean. My skin feels moisturized after using this. I do find that it can melt so make sure to keep it in a dry place. I used to purchase it from QVC ($21 for six bars + shipping) but I recently found it at Ross for a great price ($5.99 for three bars). The brand also makes some nice facial wipes that I use daily.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't mind the light fragrance of this soap at all. It lathers well and leaves my skin feeling soft. I haven't used this on my face and prefer to use another cleanser for that but this is a nice soap for everyday use, especially on winter skin. It is a softer soap so you need to keep it from sitting in water and dissolving.
UPDATE: I had to stop using this soap because I believe I developed a rash from it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2011 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this soap. I had been using Kiss My Face Olive Oil soap and liked that, but This is my HG soap. A reviewer said they ordered it from VitaCost and they were right- I think I paid $1.50 for a bar where at Drugstore.com it was about $3.50 per bar. It is a very mild soap. I also tried Soap for Goodness Sake-what I found that was odd about the SGS the soap is not green, it's beige. All the other olive oil soaps I've tried (and there were many) all were green-like olive oil. When I talked to the rep when I placed my order he said it was made with extra virgin oli, but when I received the soap- the wrapper said virgin olive oil, they don't mention what percentage of olive oil is in their soaps. With Olivella it's 100% virgin olive oil. I'm not crazy about the smell. Even thought it fragrance free it has a woodsy smell. But for how it lathers and softens my skin-my pores are much smaller and my face does not feel dry. There are 3 ingredents-Saponfied Virgin Olive OIl, Water, Glycerin (from the olive oil)-that's it. No artifical colors, fragrances, parabens.
It rinses clean, you can see a demo if you go to the QVC site but I wouldn't buy it there- VitaCost is less expensive. Another bonus is it doesn't leave a soap ring in my sink.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2011 10:06:00 PM More reviews by rosebug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love this soap! first of all i love bar sops....they seem to last longer. secondly my skin feels so great now! this stuff removes all of my makeup

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 2:06:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite soap! I only use it on the body, and wouldn't dream of using it on my super dry face, but as a regular soap, it's heaven. I've been using this for a long time now, and even though I will occasionally use soaps or washes (Philosophy, First Aid Beauty, Fresh, Pacifica) I always go back to this. It's super gentle and doesn't irritate my skin at all. Some people say that it doesn't foam up as much as they would like. I can see that if you're using it with a wash cloth, it may not be as "soapy" as body washes. But I use it with my Salux beauty cloths and it foams up beautifully. I can imagine it would be the same with a loofah. I love that it comes in a fragrance free version since my skin tends to have allergic reactions to many scents, and the smell of the soap itself if fine. It smells like olive oil to me. Not great, but not awful. I find it to be sufficiently moisturizing, but I still always follow up with body lotion. For the person who is lazy about body lotion, this might not be the best choice, especially in the winter. For me, it gets me clean, but doesn't dry me out, calms down my sensitive skin, and the price is perfect. I get a pack of 18 on amazon for $35. Great deal! So glad that I found it.