September 21, 2014 | 2058 users online

Clothes - New York and Company

rated 2 of 5 on 12/16/2012 12:07:00 AM More reviews by Coronet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I stopped shopping here after a few years. I realized that even though they frequently have good sales (40-50% off) and I can get a lot of good work-attire the quality of their clothing is horrendous. Their work pants/shirts tend to pill and look ratty after a few months as do the shirts or they get holes in them after a few months. I've come to realize that you get what you pay for and now I pretty much shop exclusively at Express even though it's a lot more expensive. Every single dress pant I've purchased from Express has lasted for years compared to dress pants from here that have lasted 6 months max before I've had to sew them up because the seams were coming undone.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 3:47:00 PM More reviews by rsquaredh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this store because they sell pants for tall people in smaller sizes,and that their styles are sophisticated. They have unheard of sales where once expensive apparel can be found well under $20. I love the feeling of wearing good quality clothes that didn't cost me much

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2010 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Zevie

I love New York and Company. Whenever I need something professional for work, I can go here and get something that fits well and is very affordable. They have great sales and their clothing quality is pretty good. My only complaint is that, other than their wear-to-work basics, most of their clothes are pretty ugly. However, if you need something basic for work, go here. I have numerous pairs of pants, tshirts, and cardigans from here that have all held up well in the wash and nothing cost me more than $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love NY&C pants. They have a shape and they also come in TALL!! I am a 2 tall, and it's almost impossible to find this size anywhere. They are about 1/2 too long, but that's okay. I am 44, and I am not ready to wear frumpy, old lady clothes. Their dress pants look great with heels, and the fit is tasteful without making me feel like I'm trying to look like a teen.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by erikahf

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Military wives! we get a military discount at NY&C.. their clothes are pretty good hit and miss though, one season its all cute and the next its hard to find anything.. but overall a good store..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2008 5:32:00 PM More reviews by hedgehog2484

My friend introduced me to New York & Company in college and this became one of my favorite stores. I find a lot of the items fit my body type really well (size 10 tall hourglassy). My friend is about a size 16 and also found a lot of clothes that worked. I find the clothing is fairly consistently sized which is helpful if I do not have a lot of time to try everything on and even more helpful since online ordering is now available. I think the clothing runs fairly true to size or large. I like that there are a lot of tall sizes and I have picked up several pairs of slacks as well as yoga pants. Skirts and dresses tend to fit well as well as sweaters, although they tend to pill. I usually have to see the tops in real life as some can be too stiff or clingy, but I like the ones I have bought. I haven't cared for the jeans I have tried on. Overall, I can always find several items, the prices are within my budget, and the quality is reasonable. There are always items that follow current trends and some of them have potential to be worn beyond that season. I sometimes have trouble striking a balance between looking youthful and grownup. Stores aimed at younger women and teens can be too trendy and the clothing too tight in the hips and chest. Stores aimed at more middle-aged women don't always seem as up-to-date and the clothing is not fitted enough for me. New York & Company offers a combination of fairly fresh and classic looks suitable for women my age.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2008 11:57:00 AM More reviews by luvaddict90

I LOVE NY&C! I'm a size 8 and I can't stand the way some of the other teen store clothes fit (ex. Wet Seal, Aeropostle, Hollister, etc..). So I decided to try NY&C, and loved it from day one! The clothes fit and look great! I also love all thier jewelry and underwear. I loved the pj's they came out with, but apparently the discontinued them =( I've been shopping here since I was 16 (now 18) and never has any of thier clothing looked too old.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

I like NY& Co., and for a while there, it was one of my favorite stores. I haven't shopped in there too much recently because I haven't really had the urge to buy clothes. I did buy a few pairs of jeans and a pair of dress pants from NY & Co. in the last 3 months, but that was it. I LOVE their jeans, but they only seem to have them in stock in the fall and winter months, for whatever reason. I think they have good costume jewelry and nice accessories, too, like a previous reviewer mentioned. (I have quite a number of belts from there.) The only thing I am not crazy about from this store is their shirts & tops. Oh, I think they are beautiful to look at on the displays and on their hangers... but on me, not so good. Their tee shirts don't fit me right, and they shrink a lot after I wash them. If I buy them a size larger, then the armpit area is too baggy- and heaven forbid I bend over! (Then you could see right down to my abdomen from the shirt collar!) Their blouses are too wrinkly and stiff for my taste (I have no patience for ironing clothes). The store does offer pretty good coupons quite frequently, and I think there are times when you can get some pretty good deals in there. You do also have to inspect the tops/shirts, though. I have purchased a few in the past that had holes in the seams, and sweaters with pulls in them. Their quality is not 100%, but it's not bad, either, for the prices. I will definitely shop there again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 2:35:00 PM More reviews by mz_simmonz

Not bad at all for your regular everyday office outfits. Button downs, and dress pants are such a great deal here. I don't like any of their other items which is why I gave it one lippy off but thats just a matter of taste I suppose.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 3:29:00 AM More reviews by lelee75

I constantly loose jewelry. I never bother with highend because the pieces are gone with in a few wearings. Sad but true... I do love their hoop earings with the "diamonds". I'm telling you they look real and have fetched me tons of compliments. They also make some nice jewelry pieces for evening ... very highend looking . Figure I never loose the cheap stuff though...