September 1, 2014 | 1569 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - Non-Stop Eye Color -- Butternut

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by livelynnlipstick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this I just wish the package was a bit bigger because me brushes don't really fit in it to grab the colors

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:03:00 AM More reviews by burgundyangel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

You must be freaking kidding me for people who dislike this. I love this more than my Naked 2, Lorac Pro palette. I even took it to Inglot store and got the sales to mimick the 4 colours but nothing came close. Yes, it chalky with some fallout but the pigmentation is excellent. Butternut in my opinion is a excellent color combi

NC 20-25
Asian

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by Demureinaka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Getting to the colors is a real pain and building it up on my brush seems to take a while. The color does not last. One of the few elf dupes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

I hate the two super sparkly highlight shades in this (glitter everywhere) but the bronze and bronzy purple slate taupe shade are wonderful and worth the couple of dollars you pay for this set. Small but super concentrated. Depot these two and you are still getting a wonderful bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by luverchick

love this neutral eyeshadow quad! it is just so suttle and natural looking...can be used for everyday looks!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/14/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by BeautyLoverRN

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't know why I thought I needed this product...oh wait, yes I do...a beauty guru from YouTube raved about the wonderful pigmentation and great value of the "Day 2 Night" quad by ELF, so when I saw that one, I figured I'd get this one too, since I LOOOOVE neutrals.
In a nutshell, I find that the pigmentation of the 2 lighter colors are basically COMPLETELY LACKING, and the darker 2 colors are just okay. If this was your only eyeshadow quad that you had with you and were trying to make a look using more than 2 brown colors, good luck. The eyeshadows are not buttery/smooth/creamy at all...I don't know if they were just "too pressed" or what...I feel like I need a pick-axe to chisel off the top layer so that maybe I can get to some actual pigmentation underneath, lol. Also, the triangular size of each of the colors are so small, but of course, I expected that for the $1 price tag.
Anyways, I opened Butternut first, and of course, the brush that comes with it is junk (a first for me, since I usually am the only reviewer who keeps/sort of likes the brushes that come with products, lol. For the record, I own TONS of brushes, so it's not like I don't have any, I just hate to "waste" things that theoretically COULD do the job, lol).
I then tried some of my higher-end brushes, still nothing showed up on my lids! The two lighter shades completely don't show up on my NW20 skin, even with Bare Minerals' eye primer (the best I have right now). As stated earlier, the pigmentation of the two darker shades is JUST OKAY...even my Maybelline 8-palette eyeshadow in Sunbaked Neutrals has more pigment than this (IMO, Maybelline eyeshadows have been a huge MISS in the pigmentation department for about the past 5 years). It's kind of pointless IMO if I have to grab two palettes to make a look, not that I'm lazy, but I already have tons of these neutral colors!
I was just hoping for something small for my makeup bag in my purse that would have great color payoff for quick looks, but no. Honestly, I'd rather have my $1 back...and I'm afraid to even open the Day 2 Night quad. *Sigh*

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by soleilchenx

The only color I use in this quad is the darkest one and use it as my all over lid color. I already hit pan and I'm almost OUT! I love this quad so much and it's only $1! You can't beat that. I'm prolly going to go out and buy 5 more.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by MutedDragon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Two different ratings for the different colors.
For the pale yellow and the pink/peach color on the left: So much glitter fall out, and not the subtle shimmer, big flecks (not well color coordinated glitter colors either). Not appropriate for the office.
For the dark brown and gold: When I'm lazy, I use the gold color as a thick eyeliner on top and just slightly shade the bottom lash line and I'm done! The dark brown is a little darker than I'd like to use as an eyeshadow but as an eyeliner, it gets the job done. Like everyone else says, worth it for the two colors on the right.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by echoflow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This quad is a lot better than the more expensive ones at drugstore. The colors are very blendable, especially the brown one. A winner!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by bombshellbree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my everyday nude quad that I use almost everyday! They are powdery but the pigmentation is wonderful!