November 27, 2014 | 1355 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - colorstay 12 hour eye shadow quad Sandstorm

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2013 5:25:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

This is a decent quad. The 4 shadows are very similar in color and in the same color family. You can create several looks within the palette itself or incorporate these colors with other shadows to create different looks. Greys, purples and pinks pair well with this palette. The colors are nicely pigmented and are very easy to blend and this is a good quality eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2012 5:36:00 PM More reviews by calyssadanielle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using the sandstorm quad for years now. I love this eyeshadow. I get lots of compliments, and it has great staying power. It looks great at work, or I can apply just a bit more for a night out. The only complaint I have is the applicator brushes. I do not care for them at all. The larger one always falls apart, and the other is too skinny. But it is still by far my go to eyeshadow.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2012 7:11:00 PM More reviews by sugarpop3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this quad for over 3 years now! I usually use just one color for a daily look, and it's just a nice hint of color, nothing too fancy. It may be a little too shimmery (kind of a pearl/satin finish), but it stays on my eyelids all day.
About a year ago, I bought a different quad in this same 12 hour colorstay line, and the consistency seems to have changed? The new one I got seems a little more chalky.. less smooth that the original (sandstorm) quad I have been using for so long.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Valla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my second of these quads, and while the two are better for different moods, I think this one is becoming my favorite.

The colors are well matched, and I love using this quad to create a "natural looking, but better" eye. I tend toward the subtle, but a more dramatic eye could easily be created with a different product application.

As I said in my other quad review, if I can use this palette to create an eye look, anyone can. I think these quads are good for those without much eye shadow experience, looking to learn more. I've certainly found them quite useful.

I don't mind the packaging, but I can't say anything about the applicators that come with it, as I always use an eye shadow brush.

If I find more color combinations I like, I'll probably pick up more quads, as I really like the ones I have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

I was not really into taupes and neutrals because they look bluh on me. I started using MAC Saddle in the crease and I am now liking taupes. So this has a good variety and decent collection of grays and taupes. I use my gray eyeliner and Saddle and I am very happy with my eye mu. There is some shimmer but nothing offensive. Altogether, the shades look nice with my light brown eyes and if I am thinking about a neutral shade mu, this is the eye mu that I grab first.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by lleenaglitter921

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It's a good palette with okay pigmentation and nice colors, but they're more on the cool side. So if you look good in warm shades this might be a little cool for you. I like how it's shimmery but not too shimmery. They go on smooth and they stay for a long time without primer. There is a light grayish lilac, a light copperish brown, a purplish gray, and a dark greenish gray. The colors sort of look the same, but you can tell the difference when you put them on. Overall I like it but the quad in Copper Spice is better.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by makeupmadness23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite quads, the colors are gorgeous! They aren't to shimmery or to matte, they last forever, and you can create natural or smokey looks. Perfect!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2011 1:13:00 AM More reviews by louloubarbie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite neutral metallic palette to work with. It's beautiful. For reference I am NW20, have dark brown hair, and brown eyes. It stays on 12 hours plus for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 11:50:00 PM More reviews by bernb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Sandstorm has been a staple in my collection for about seven years now. I always have two on hand, one in use and one back up.
My favourite colour is the first shade. It is a shimmery pink toned champagne/nude. This is my ‘everyday’ lid colour - I wear this almost everyday for work, and use it often as a lid colour with a smoky crease. It wears well with both cool and warm colours, but I find a deep metallic bronze compliments it best (and brings out green eyes). This colour also foils well – I often apply it with a damp sponge applicator, pressing it on gently then blending.
The eyeshadows are of exceptional quality. They wear well, they do not fade, they do not crease. They blend beautifully.
Unlike the other reviewers, I do not personally feel the colours compliment each other too well, I feel they are best used on their own independent of each other. Possibly because the colours are too soft to really compliment each other – each is soft and works best on its own teamed with either bold eyeliner or a strong colour for a complimentary yet blended contrast.
My favourite ways of using each colour are ~
Colour one – shimmery pink/champagne:
- Everyday lid colour with a matte nude shade on brow bone;
- As a lid colour with a deep bronze smoked into the crease and under the eye;
- As a lid colour, foiled, with solid black eyeliner on upper and lower waterline, upper lashline, and loads of black mascara.
Colour two – shimmery gold:
- As a lid colour, foiled, with solid black eyeliner on upper and lower waterline, upper lashline, and loads of black mascara;
- As a centre of lid highlight with dark brown smoky eye.
Colour three – shimmery lilac:
- This makes a nice crease contour colour on pale skin. Suits a cooler colour palette on the face.
Colour four – shimmery muted olive green:
- Creates a soft, smoky green eye. Works well with silver and grey.
The packaging is pretty ordinary – it isn’t very strong and breaks easily.
Sandstorm is also no longer available in Australia via regular retail means, so I purchase this off eBay now, which is cheaper anyway as it used to retail for around $20AUD.
EDIT: My skintone - equivalent to MAC N/NC-10/15 (neutral warm, pale, with surface redness).

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Klaudia9904

Great eyeshadows. This was the 1st time i tried Revlon eyeshadow and im very happy with it.
The colors work great for me ( except for the warm brown one ), texture is very silky - amazing, applies great and last really long.
Package is definitely not as fancy as any department store shadow but I like it way more than any Dior or Chanel eyeshadow.