October 31, 2014 | 1022 users online

Eye Shadow - Clinique - All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Chelseabun74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am almost 40 years old, so am pretty much done with shimmers and sparkles as I just don't feel it looks on my eyelids. I was looking for something that is completely matte and very subtle as I have blonde hair/blue eyes and prefer to wear brighter lipstick with a subtle eye and nice, curled, fanned out black lashes. I am beyond impressed with this palette. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. All I want from an eye shadow is for it to last the day, which it did, have absolutely no shimmer, tick again, and basically look like a natural shadow on my crease. Basically, I am after a shadow that really looks like a natural shadow from the light, not a colourful eye shadow from the pan - if that makes sense.

It doesn't irritate my eyes, has no detectable smell and the shadows go on smoothly with no fallout. The darkest shade to the very right of the palette is extremely pigmented. I can even use the two middle colours on my brows. The first 3 colours are not very pigmented as they are subtle...at the same time, they are not chalky. But subtlety is what I crave, so bring it, I say.

To sum Teddy Bear up:
This is perfect for those who:
Are looking for a no makeup, natural look
Prefer to wear brighter lips, so keep their eye makeup understated
Are fair to medium and can't carry off very colourful eyeshadows
Are looking for the perfect palette to blend out or diffuse the more crazy coloured eyeshadows.

I would definitely repurchase this palette. It seems to be getting harder to find. Hopefully it's not going to be discontinued because I know this has been available for years and years. I had this palette once before when I was a very young woman, but didn't really value its modesty. I thought it was nice, but boring. Now that I'm older, it has its place in my heart and I will never neglect it ever again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Shanplum

Looks gorgeous on the pan and probably works well for everyone who doesn't have hazel eyes or particularly yellow undertones. On me it just brings out the yellow and looks really drab I need a pinky brown tone in there somewhere to even the yellow undertones out. If this doesnt work for you and you have similar colouring to me (very pale yellow hazel eyes)the Spicy palette will be your friend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I only have the palest shade in this quad, so I can only comment on the one color. This is one of my favorite matte cream colored eyeshadows, very versatile while being almost invisible on my skin. I got this in a set of three as part of a Clinique GWP and even though I don't use the other two eyeshadows in the set, this one is almost used up. I use it over heavy or too-dark eyeshadow to tone it down for work, I blend out all my shadows with this to reduce harsh lines, I use it as a mattifying base and also a highlighter. It is pale enough that I could even use it for a face powder on my NC10-15 skin!

I would absolutely buy this in a full size (if it came separately from the rest of the shadows in the quad), and I am considering buying other Clinique eyeshadows because of the high quality of this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by the1004

I was looking for a matte brown eyeshadow when I came across this one, because all the department store shadows tended to have shimmer or glitter. This is a great every-day eye shadow; it's light weight, it applies evenly, and it even has a mirror both inside and outside of the box!
I have relatively oily lids, where even Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, some eyeshadows I use still crease. However, in this case, I didn't experience any creasing, but as the day progressed, the eyeshadow seemed to be rubbing off, so the colour would get less and less intense.
I highly recommend this as a daytime eyeshadow, where you don't need much colour, or if you're going for the au naturale look, this is great for you!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I typically like Clinique's products & although I do use Clinique's Color Surge Quad-Teddy Bear (matte brown palette) often, I feel it's a tad blah. Nice consistency & they seem to blend well but are not very pigmented & require a few layers to achieve any effect. I have hit pan on only 1 color & it's the creamy white shade that actually has a tad of shimmer to it. As for the other brown colors, they just don't do anything for me. Look flat on my NC25 complexion. I typically jazz it up by using a bright blue or grey-blue eyeliner. If I pair this w/ brown eyeliner, I look ill. It's a safe palette for make-up newbies, work/a job interview or a funeral!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2012 4:48:00 AM More reviews by morphy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have very sensitiveeyes. This has been the only eye makeup I've been able to wear without problems. Teddy is the perfect palette for everyday use, at the office. Layered on for a more intense look, it's also perfect for evening use. Tip: I pat on my eyelids then spray with Avene water to set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the colors in this quad. The soft natural tones are perfect for everyday. The color payoff is good and the finish is nice and smooth. These shadows give you that perfect "naked" eye look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2012 3:12:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I feel like some people are giving this great palette a lot of slack. This is a palette meant for someone with 'soft features' like a soft summer or soft autumn gal. Yes, the colours are not really intense, but when did you last see an intense teddy bear??

I'm able to use all 4 colours in this quad. They are soft, apply nicely and evenly and blend well. Price is reasonable for a high end cosmetic. Not too sure if I would buy again, but since I have nothing against it, I said yes. (I have so many items like this already).

Would I use this for wedding makeup? No, I need a bit more depth when I'm working on clients, but for an everyday, daytime look, this is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2012 10:16:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

This is my everyday choice for workdays. Nice and easy to use in the morning. Colors blend well and stay on most of the day. There is no creasing with these. Colors are matte neutrals, no shimmer or shine with these just nice browns and taupes. I have purchased this quad many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by ShannonRose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I love this palette. The colors complement one another perfectly. Luxurious harmony. The texture is so blendable and flattering. It's a go-to for a subtle smokey look. I can't seem to find it anywhere anymore though. Has it been discontinued?