Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

3.9

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this palette for a subtle, contoured eye with a winged eyeliner. Blends beautifully! It's a keeper! :)

on 2/22/2015 5:52:00 PM

For years I've been searching the drug stores for the a good set of neutral base colours. I'm not used to buying makeup on line but I saw this one and took the plunge, spent the extra money, and I am totally satisfied. The colours are a perfect neutral for me, not too yellow or shimmery. The shadow goes on very nicely, not too powdery that it flakes off all over your face and not so hard that you have to scrub it off the pan. Long lasting as well. I especial like the packaging, how you can see the colours on the bottom without opening it up.
My other neutrals are in the garbage.

on 1/13/2015 4:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I got this palette, which is all matte, along with Choco-Latte, which is all satin, for neutral work looks. I always end up putting them away to experiment and always come back to them. Teddy Bear supplements those palettes with too few transition colors or mattes and is a no-brainer for a quick face kinda day. And, can we talk about the packaging? Sleek and bulk-free. I so love these shadows that I spent about an hour wandering around Sephora today checking out eye shadow palettes and I chose a Clinique 8 pan (pinks) to break a wicked long palette no-buy. Not only was it the only one to have colors I don't already own, the swatches confirmed my good experience with my two go-to palettes.

on 4/25/2014 11:05:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I am almost 40 years old, so am pretty much done with shimmers and sparkles as I just don't feel it looks on my eyelids. I was looking for something that is completely matte and very subtle as I have blonde hair/blue eyes and prefer to wear brighter lipstick with a subtle eye and nice, curled, fanned out black lashes. I am beyond impressed with this palette. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. All I want from an eye shadow is for it to last the day, which it did, have absolutely no shimmer, tick again, and basically look like a natural shadow on my crease. Basically, I am after a shadow that really looks like a natural shadow from the light, not a colourful eye shadow from the pan - if that makes sense.

It doesn't irritate my eyes, has no detectable smell and the shadows go on smoothly with no fallout. The darkest shade to the very right of the palette is extremely pigmented. I can even use the two middle colours on my brows. The first 3 colours are not very pigmented as they are subtle...at the same time, they are not chalky. But subtlety is what I crave, so bring it, I say.

To sum Teddy Bear up:
This is perfect for those who:
Are looking for a no makeup, natural look
Prefer to wear brighter lips, so keep their eye makeup understated
Are fair to medium and can't carry off very colourful eyeshadows
Are looking for the perfect palette to blend out or diffuse the more crazy coloured eyeshadows.

I would definitely repurchase this palette. It seems to be getting harder to find. Hopefully it's not going to be discontinued because I know this has been available for years and years. I had this palette once before when I was a very young woman, but didn't really value its modesty. I thought it was nice, but boring. Now that I'm older, it has its place in my heart and I will never neglect it ever again.

on 10/21/2013 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Looks gorgeous on the pan and probably works well for everyone who doesn't have hazel eyes or particularly yellow undertones. On me it just brings out the yellow and looks really drab I need a pinky brown tone in there somewhere to even the yellow undertones out. If this doesnt work for you and you have similar colouring to me (very pale yellow hazel eyes)the Spicy palette will be your friend.

on 9/5/2013 10:06:00 AM

I only have the palest shade in this quad, so I can only comment on the one color. This is one of my favorite matte cream colored eyeshadows, very versatile while being almost invisible on my skin. I got this in a set of three as part of a Clinique GWP and even though I don't use the other two eyeshadows in the set, this one is almost used up. I use it over heavy or too-dark eyeshadow to tone it down for work, I blend out all my shadows with this to reduce harsh lines, I use it as a mattifying base and also a highlighter. It is pale enough that I could even use it for a face powder on my NC10-15 skin!

I would absolutely buy this in a full size (if it came separately from the rest of the shadows in the quad), and I am considering buying other Clinique eyeshadows because of the high quality of this one.

on 6/19/2013 2:47:00 AM

I was looking for a matte brown eyeshadow when I came across this one, because all the department store shadows tended to have shimmer or glitter. This is a great every-day eye shadow; it's light weight, it applies evenly, and it even has a mirror both inside and outside of the box!
I have relatively oily lids, where even Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer, some eyeshadows I use still crease. However, in this case, I didn't experience any creasing, but as the day progressed, the eyeshadow seemed to be rubbing off, so the colour would get less and less intense.
I highly recommend this as a daytime eyeshadow, where you don't need much colour, or if you're going for the au naturale look, this is great for you!

on 2/15/2013 8:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I typically like Clinique's products & although I do use Clinique's Color Surge Quad-Teddy Bear (matte brown palette) often, I feel it's a tad blah. Nice consistency & they seem to blend well but are not very pigmented & require a few layers to achieve any effect. I have hit pan on only 1 color & it's the creamy white shade that actually has a tad of shimmer to it. As for the other brown colors, they just don't do anything for me. Look flat on my NC25 complexion. I typically jazz it up by using a bright blue or grey-blue eyeliner. If I pair this w/ brown eyeliner, I look ill. It's a safe palette for make-up newbies, work/a job interview or a funeral!

on 12/14/2012 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have very sensitiveeyes. This has been the only eye makeup I've been able to wear without problems. Teddy is the perfect palette for everyday use, at the office. Layered on for a more intense look, it's also perfect for evening use. Tip: I pat on my eyelids then spray with Avene water to set.

on 10/14/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the colors in this quad. The soft natural tones are perfect for everyday. The color payoff is good and the finish is nice and smooth. These shadows give you that perfect "naked" eye look.