October 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Spabern

Ugh. This stuff is dreadful. I left one extra star because it does actually get your hair clean. But it makes it a tangled crazy mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Asouv717

Love that its natural, but it left my hair really dry and tangled when I used the shampoo. Really disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 11:54:00 AM More reviews by BrigitteBardot

I used this along with the matching conditioner. It left my hair dry. (I was hoping it would be more moisturizing than my Paul Mitchell products for volume, but it was not. My hair was healther-looking with regular cheap products I used in the past.) I give it 3 points for not being terrible (maybe good for people with oilier, straighter hair?) or outrageously expensive and the fact it does have natural ingredients. I definitely would not buy again though.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2012 6:52:00 PM More reviews by violet_avalon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For a shampoo that is over 99% natural this is not a bad one. It is free from harsh sulfates, but it does leave the hair pretty clean and it lathers really nicely, in comparison to other natural shampoos.
It does leave your hair extremely shiny but it can also make it so clean that fine hair will go freezy with static. I first used this in conjunction with the super shiny conditioner and the result was a mess: I looked like I had been plugged into an electric socket. However, if you use a good conditioner afterwards, especially if it's something with silicones, you can control the static and get smooth hair.
On a less happy note, it didn't help my itchy scalp, so I wouldn't buy it again (I tried a travel size) because there are better natural shampoos out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by pekemeso

I hate this shampoo.I was really excited about using this shampoo but it gave damage to my hair. My hair condition became worse than before.When I used this shampoo,my hair was shrink.Even put conditioner, also it did not work.Then too smelly.Horrible product ever.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by HiMichelle

I really wanted to like this. Brought the conditioner and shampoo, left my hair dried..frizzy..it smells nice though. I do like the concept behind natural ingredients..and grapefruit + sugar beet sounds soo yummy and healthy..but it was a disappointment :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by katelynn89

hateee this! a friend of mine suggested using burt's bees line of shampoo and conditioners since they do not contain any harmful ingredients. i was totally disappointed! my hair did not get clean at all from this shampoo. it became very tangled, frizzy, and hard to manage. the conditioner did not help either. my hair remained dry and coarse after many uses. no thanks!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 9:57:00 AM More reviews by koridixon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this shampoo and conditioner!! It makes my hair so soft and shiny. It also leaves my hair smelling awesome, even my boyfriend noticed. He told me my hair smelled, "like a hippy, like incense something." Haha
I usually use John Frieda Brilliant Brunette, but I'm so glad I found this stuff on sale and tried it out!
The only con I can think of is the price. It's a little much for the small amount of product. I used the whole bottle of conditioner in less than a week. The conditioner is kind of runny, so it's easy to use a lot, especially if you have a lot of hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Rubizu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i have never seen my hair smooth and shiny like this with JUST air drying!
I can't wait to see the long term results!

i tried this shampoo for the first time and yes it does go birds nest.... (but any woman with natural curly hair deals with this regardless of shampoo to an extent - there is no such thing as foregoing a conditioner, it is necessary for getting your fingers through) I Love it.

Dandruff:
i have been getting BAD Dandruff lately due to weird water where i moved to, and the climate is ice cold.
it totally cleans my scalp the same way as special dandruff shampoo like Nizoral! without the chemicals

drying:
I had switched to baby shampoo a few months ago and i totally helped with less drying and dandruff but it still had the sulfates in it which i did research as being the cause to my crap crispy crunch dry hair so i tried this one. This got rid of the build up! and although i have not used it long i always use pure COCONUT OIL on my hair (lengthen not scalp to greasy) every time i wash, I HAVE TO

foaming:
i had no trouble getting it to foam (prob cause i'm used to lathing) if i have issues just dip you head under the water for a sec and work it! it with foam up like crazy.

Conditioner: well i did not have the cash to buy both shampoo and conditioner so i got the pooh' Now i had left over 'Organix coconut milk' conditioner sulfate free, which i loved the smell tho i was never impressed by it's de-tangleing performance when using with sulfate-ed shampoos. I Used it with this shampoo and it worked like normal conditioner! weird.. so guess u gotta go total sulfate free or nothing conflicting the combo does not combine well.

de-tagleing is the conditioners job, and use coconut oil in the (summer only it hardends in winter) and pure cold press macadamia all year around on as a serum if you have dry hair. but this shampoo works like shampoo should.
Like changing your diet your body and perspective adjusts, same with hair and skin care.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 10:05:00 AM More reviews by snoopy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I know this product is getting a lot of complaints, but I actually really like this shampoo/conditioner combo.
The shampoo smells great and really gets my hair clean and my scalp stays fresh all day. My hair is medium-short and when I rinse the lather from my hair it is a bit drying, but when I add the conditioner the result is perfect. This also imparts a pretty good shine to my hair.
For those long-haired ladies, I understand how this could be drying, however, if your hair is on the shorter side you may want to give this a try. I do not have fine or thin hair either - pretty thick and wavy/curly, with a tendency to frizz. Absolutely no frizz with this at all.
The smell of this shampoo is energizing for the 1st-the-in-the-morning shower. Perks me up!