November 27, 2014 | 1699 users online

Sunscreen - Clinique - Super City Block SPF 40

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Jmesa1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Doesn't smell like much and in a tube so easy to use but there are better options for dry skin.

Not terrible but I have had better. It gives your face a nice sheen matte look which I do like but I have dry skin so I look drier on certain days and definitely shows the flaky skin. Not too bad for $22 at Sephora but id rather use paulas choice skin recovery spf 30 moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mamaobrien

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For my NC35 skin, the white cast is extremely noticeable. I use it mixed with my BB cream which has an SPF of 30.

Why I love it:
- Love that it uses physical sunscreens (so I'm willing to tolerate the white cast)
- Oil-free
- Moisturizing
- Doesn't irritate my skin
- Smell doesn't irritate me

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by Evablue87

Bought this 2013 December for Summer. i had 25spf sunblock from clinique but it was greasy so i bought this. Package was ok, price was not too bad, but some of the ingredients were horrible on my skin.

This is an Oil- free product, therefore if you have dry/combination skin the product will ball up around your face. Make sure you prep the skin 100% and hydrate well before add this product.

Result: i got red cheeks from the first day. Even when i retried it again a month later, it gave me the same reaction. This time i wore it for 2 days and the skin around my nose/chin/cheeks/forehead started feel burnt, whiteheads appeared around the top of the nose which i never had in my life.

Not recommand this if you have sensitive skin. Paula Begoun noted that this have few natural ingredients that can effect the skin. i am now using Woolworth Clear Zinc and it does not create any problems on my skin expect greasy feeling.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by Magapurna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

It did not suit me.

I found it too greasy and too thick - my face, even with matifying powder, became oily very quickly. The tint made me look a bit ghostly and it pilled/balled up in places. Do get a sample of it first if you can!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by llemusd202

this is great on my skin since I have very sensitive skin and I dont tan, I become a red cooked lobster under the sun. It does leave a white cast but since I have fair skin I dont mind. I do not use foundation and this seems to be enough. I use it daily as makeup basically. Recommended for fair skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 7:53:00 PM More reviews by SlmS1992

I'm on my second tube of cityblock and my skin is reacting fine to it so far. The consistency is more towards the pasty side which is great as it doesn't make a mess when squeezing it out of the tube. It is tinted and does leave a slight white cast but it's very unnoticeable if you have fair to medium skin. Never broke me out and I feel protected by it. The only downside is that it does feel like it clogs my pores. I'm currently looking for a new sunscreen but if that fails then I wouldn't mind staying with this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by prowl2000

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using the city sunblock for like...decades (since it was a screw cap which made a messy lump of sunblock when you wanted to close the cap). I have tried other brands such as La Roche Posay's Anthelios or Estee Lauder's daywear bit still keep coming back to this one. The city sunblock is tinted so it does not leave overly whitish cast on your face (better than the previous screw cap version). I also use it as a primer before using a foundation. I guess I will still have to use it till I can find an alternative mineral sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I've been wearing it off and on for like a decade. I do not like foundation or powders much at all, but bought this yrs back. I like how only a tiny bit goes a long way (I only really wear it to work but not everyday, and when I do I immediately take it off when I get in). I like that it's oil free, light weight and even tho I'm acne prone, I feel it makes my skin breathe alright, but again, I take it off fairly promptly and do not wear it daily, it's off and on but has been my main go to when I do wear any sort of coverage as mine's tinted (altho aren't they all? lol) I'm a mascara fiend, tho know very little about much else!...Will continue to re-purchase. Even tho I'm Indian, my family Dr and dermatologist suggest I wear an SPF, especially in the hot Toronto summers and this is what I often choose. I've some hyperpigmentation scarring, so I like to wear an SPF so the marks don't get any darker (they already look like little freckles)...Anyhow, I find I really like Clinique skin care too for the most part. You pay a little more, but the quality I find is often good.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by yummymummy2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Brilliant stuff. This and the City Block SPF 25 has been a staple of mine for 20 years. I'd not be without it.

Works as a primer under foundation. Seems to protect from the sun. Nice slippy texture but not greasy. I apply it over moisturiser and under foundation. If you don't use foundation it might suit you like a BB cream.

Downside- to get good sun protection you need to use a good dollop- not just a smearing. This can cause some bubbling of the product. You also can't really re-apply during the day if you are using foundation over the top of it.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by PlumPie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this product didn't suit me.

Firstly it was too pale and made me look ghostly. I wasn't aware that it had any colour when I purchased it.

Secondly it peeled off my face in flakes and my make up wouldn't stay on.

Lastly I felt it was greasy and too thick. Clinique advisors told me to do the 3 step routine twice a day and exfoliate a couple of times a week, which I did. Then to add this layer and make up. My face felt clogged up.

I wouldn't recommend this if you have a tan or oily skin.