Clinique Super City Block SPF 40

3.5

PPD = 8. zinc oxide 8.8%, octinoxate 7.5%, titanium dioxide 6.6%, octisalate 2% Other ingredients: water (aqua purificata) purified, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, dimethicone, octyldodecyl neopentanoate, steareth-2, silica, aluminum stearate, angelica acutiloba (japanese angelica) root extract, zizyphus jujuba fruit extract, rosa roxburghii fruit extract, citrus unshiu peel extract, porphyra yezoensis (algae) extract, paeonia suffruticosa (peony) root extract, gardenia florida extract, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) flower extract, glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) root extract, paeonia albiflora (peony) root extract, poria cocos sclerotium extract, saccharomyces lysate extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, betula alba (birch) bark extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, yeast extract (faex), sodium rna, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, tocopheryl acetate, pantethine, glycerin, glucose, squalane, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, tricaprylin, propylene glycol dicaprate, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), hexylene glycol, peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone, caprylyl glycol, barium sulfate, polyethylene, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminum silicate, lecithin, ceteth-2, peg-40 stearate, sodium stearate, steareth-20, sorbitan tristearate, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, citric acid, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci77891)

on 8/31/2015 5:54:00 AM

This is not for people with Ance-Prone/Senstivie skin.

I went to my local Clinique counter in Boots last week and asked for a sun screen that was suitable for my skin type: Acne prone/Sensitive.

The girl recommended City Block and swore that it wouldn't break me out and that it was more than suitable for my skin.

I put it on the next day, it felt great on my skin, didn't make it oily and I loved the colour-corrector. Fast forward a week later and my face is covered in cystic ance and little whiteheads.

I had been using their 3-step Anti-Blemish Solutoins for about a month and it had cleared my face up a lot and then this product ruined all of that.

If you have Acne-prone, sensitive skin, this product is not for you.

on 8/8/2015 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I was just introduced to this at a Clinique event my friend signed me up for at Ulta. I have been looking for SPF that wasn't really thick. I had been using Cetaphil's oil free moisturizer with SPF 30 and it is very thick. Not only that but if I sweat and try to wipe sweat out of my eyes, it gets in my eyes and it burns.

So far I have not experienced that with Super City Block. I was told by the Clinique girl that it was made to be worn underneath makeup and can act as a primer as well. I do have to apply moisturizer separately but so far that is my only dislike. Other than taking a separate step for moisturizer, I am liking this product.

on 8/7/2015 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Caused me to break out a couple of days after first use. Have tried it a few times and always caused breaks out. Not good for oily acne prone skin.

on 7/30/2015 2:47:00 PM

I got a sample of this with a clinique gift bag and I had no hopes about it at all. But looks like it has a new updated formula and it made wonders for me in the july heat. It wears really well, I don't shine for hours and the sheer coverage is exactly what I'm looking for. I will definitely purchase a full size as soon as I run out of the 15 ml sample.

on 6/26/2015 4:48:00 PM

I really wanted to like this sunscreen. I like the colour and the colour correcting element that it offers without offering too much coverage. I like that it doesn't have an overwhelming smell, and doesn't leave a white cast after applying it. Unfortunately, this sunscreen makes me breakout with really bad cystic acne, so I can't wear it anymore.

on 6/24/2015 5:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I think I am on my third full tube of this. I originally discovered it in one of those tiny sample size tubes I had received as part of a free gift. I work in international development so end up in very hot countries where I end up not wearing too much makeup. This product is actually fantastic. You know you are protected from the sun, which I definitely need or I tan 6 different shades on my face, and it evens out your skin. I wear it alone, no foundation. On days where I don't have it on I usually wear liquid foundation so its that or this - but this really does the trick and I'm beginning to prefer it over foundation.

It takes about 10 minutes to soak in, and my skin is glowing after. I usually place some on the back of my hand (a dab less than the size of a dime in diameter) and blend it on to my face using my fingers. I'm of South Asian background so I medium brown skin and the tint I guess works. In the past year I have used it in countries where the temperature and humidity levels have been extreme and this product is my go-to. Highly recommended.

on 6/11/2015 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Great shortcut for those, um, greasy summer days. The trial-and-error application is worth it considering how it pays off later.

I love this stuff. Only reason it doesn't get 5 lipsticks is because it's still basically an expensive tinted moisturizer. I hate that BB with SPF products I'll have to reapply within a couple of hours are priced like they're long-wear foundations.

But, it's a great BB cream that moisturizes enough that it replaces my separate moisturizer step in the warmer months (hot, humid summers where I live).

The trick to this is not judging the amount you need by how it looks immediately upon application. Too much looks streaky. Too little means ineffective sun protection. I find it best when worked in a little with fingers then dabbed with fingetips to even out, rather than with a brush. It will look a little pale and shiny at first, but soaks in well within 10 minutes.

It does what a BB/tinted moisturizer is supposed to do - evens out skin tone and provides sun protection, except this one actually moisturizes effectively. Doesn't irritate me. My favorite thing about it is that if I need a little more coverage, I can powder the T-zone without City Block turning into a pore-highlighting medium.

on 4/29/2015 8:20:00 PM

$24.50 USD. OMG, this is perfect! The very lightly tinted sunblock is very matte and doesn't leave a greasy film. The tint is very minimal - you can't even tell there''s any color so don't worry about how dark it looks in the tube. I'm very pale, and you can't tell that I put on anything. It absorbs instantly so you don't have to worry about your foundation / concealer caking over it. Texture and cost-wise, this is much better than the face sunblocks I've tried from CD, La Mer and Clarins. HG!

on 4/21/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've recently started using this again after changing my overall skincare a few months back. Before that, I found this a bit drying, but now after changing my skincare, I think it was my skin in general that was too dry, rather than this product actually causing it, but I think if you do have very dry skin, this may not be for you.
I was using another sun protector before this, that was okay, it did the job, but I'm not sure my skin loved it, like it it seems to love this. Before it was tolerable, now, my skin looks 100% better with this on.
As it has not seemed to annoy my skin, as I have not had any cystic acne bumps come up, I can pretty much wear this without having to put foundation on now (first time in ages). I put a bit of powder on and concealer on one or two slightly stubborn acne scars, if I am in the office, but if not, I literally wear just this now, it really gives my skin a nice finish, and seems to even the tone out nicely.

on 3/19/2015 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Leaves a beige grey cast so cannot be used alone, needs makeup on top! Plus, it leaves a satin/greasy finish and my skin becomes really oily quickly.
Won't repurchase.