July 22, 2014 | 1624 users online

Lip Gloss - Yves Saint Laurent - Golden Gloss 5 - Copper

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 6:30:00 PM More reviews by liangaf1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a total magpie and can never resist anything sparkly, so when I saw these YSL glosses filled with gold glitter, I could not resist. I actually bought them a little while ago, and recently rediscovered this one (#5) in a box in a makeup bag, so I pulled it out (the coral/orange color seems very on trend right now). However even though I tested it before buying it, I don't recall what exactly I loved about these. For starters, I loathe brush applicators for lip gloss - I prefer doe feet. I find product is hard to get on evenly with brush applicators. I feel like to get an even color which is true to the package you really have to glop a lot on, and so while the effect is nice enough, the amount of product that has to sit on the lips is such that it doesn't last at any sort of even level of application. The scent is pleasant - it's like a mango smell - and doesn't have any taste. Maybe this works well for some people, but it's just not for me. I'll use it up because I can never through makeup away (especially glittery!), but this will require a little more effort than average with some smoothing by fingers after applying with a brush. I would definitely recommend testing this in store first rather than buying on line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 6:07:00 PM More reviews by bebe_girl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

the best orange lip gloss ever. seriously. the color is just perfect! reddish-orange with 24 carats gold glitter. nothing can beat that. im loving this so much and definitely stocking up on it. HG!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG & FABULOUS I ADORE THIS GLOSS!!!! Golden Gloss No.5 is absolutely beautiful – a gloss I would starve to pay for lol!(£19). It looks expensive and feels expensive. It is stylishly packaged in a square shaped tube with a golden lid and has a brush type applicator. I’m very surprised No.5 is called “Copper” as it is not remotely copper at all – it is a fabulous coral/watermelon red shade infused with golden flecks. The colour is richly pigmented like a liquid lipstick which I’m delighted to say remains true and doesn’t turn pink on me at all. It feels lovely on – it has a thickish consistency but it is not at all sticky and the golden flecks give the gloss a fabulous wet look shine, which lasts considerably well through eating and drinking and then fades leaving an even red/coral stain. This is the best gloss I own (and the most expensive lol!) As a redhead I was drawn to the coral in No.5 and find the colour looks best when I have more colour in the summer – in fact “Copper” absolutely screams summer and even has a gorgeous ‘melon’ flavoured scent to it. It should be a staple for all warm redheads and warmer toned complexions. Can't wait to try other colours in the range - its definately worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2007 11:39:00 PM More reviews by indiangirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love the coral red colour on my medium tan skin. The golden specks actually helps to make the colour look less orangy. I absolutely love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2007 1:11:00 AM More reviews by Annuta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS GLOSS!!! Ok, now that I got that out of my system, on my pigmented lips this gloss deposits quite a bit of pigment - almost like a liquid lipstick, it's amazing! On me, the color is a deep orangy coral with lots of golden shine. I am so happy to finally find a coral that doesn't turn pink on me. Furthermore, with this gloss, I'm able to color a tiny bit outside my lips without using a lipliner - it does not bleed! I have full lips, so this is just a fun thing to do for me, but I've never been able to color outside my lipline without it looking clownish. There's something about this gloss' particular pigmentation that makes the trick work for me. I generally prefer glosses without a scent, since most companies get it wrong and make them smell tacky, but the tropical mango smell of this gloss is very very good. Whenever I put it on, I can't help but smell the contents of the tube! I would definitely buy another tube of this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2006 5:27:00 PM More reviews by sooyoungkim

Lately I've taken to mixing LipFusion XL with various of the more pigmented LipGlasses but was seduced by the gold-flecked orange of the YSL. This is one amazing lip gloss. Silky-smooth and scented like most YSL products with a very expensive-smelling fruit-floral note. Moreover, gives me a pout that I never see even with the LipFusion products. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2006 10:09:00 AM More reviews by sheilaKL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't believe I didn't write a review yet for this gloss..I love it! The color is a vibrant orange with enough red to be wearable, beautiful flecks of golden shimmer, non-sticky texture and fairly -well pigmented for gloss. The name copper may throw you off, however there are no brown/pink tones to this gloss at all like you would see in a copper penny. This is a very vibrant color that may look best on those with warm, darker complexions or i would also suggest it for the warm redheads out there as it is also flattering on my PPP complexion. I would definitley purchase this again, but i heard they were LE! For reference, I am a warm, PPP, redhead with blue-green eyes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by fashiongal

A beautiful addition to the YSL gloss family - the Golden Glosses contain actual gold particles. These are absolutely gorgeous - I can't stop looking at them in their beautiful clear acrylic case (with gold cap/YSL logo on cap). These are similar in texture to the Lisse Glosses, but maybe not quite as sticky. Great colors - gold, praline (a nude/pink/brown), pink (it's really more coral/peachy), fuchsia, copper (which is really more orange) and plum (plummy/red). I purchased #3, #4 and #5. The great things about these are they do not have that horrific smell of the old Lisse glosses. The color payoff is great and the shimmer is outstanding. Number 5 (copper) is really a orange/copper (more orange than copper) and has the same gold shimmer as all the rest of the colors in the line. Definitely a warm color and a very vibrant color. You can apply lightly for more of a sheer orange/copper or several applications for the stand out in your face orange/gold that will look outstanding on anyone with a tan. They almost seem to have a plumping effect on the lips (of course, this may be attributed to the shimmer). The texture reminds me of the Armani Midnight Shimmers, but Armani does not have an equivalent shade in their midnight shimmer collection. I really love these and would like to collect all colors. I do not know if they are limited editions or not. Love these a lot and will repurchase!