LUSH Cosmetic Lad

3.5

Lavender Honey Water (Lavendula hybrida, Mel, aqua), Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum), Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe barbadensis), Chickweed Extract (Stellaria media), Chamomile Extract (Anthemis nobilis), Marigold Petal (Calendula officinalis) Extract, Cold Pressed Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Fresh Wheatgrass Mucilage (Triticum vulgare), Stearic Acid, Glycerine, Cetearyl Alcohol, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta), Tangerine Oil (Citrus Tangerina), Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Triethanolamine, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

on 6/29/2015 8:18:00 PM

I got a sample of this moisturizer. I used about 6 applications and I love this. I went in to pick up my cleanser Let's the Good Time Roll and told the lady there that my moisturizer right now doesn't keep my cheek moist enough, so she gave me the sample. I have to pick this up in full size. This keep my skin moist with out making my t-zone too oily. This also smell very nice. It smell like orange creamsicle. This product is for unisex. Men used this as after shave cream. I am very growing for lush products.

on 6/29/2015 3:28:00 PM

This lotion was recommended to me by a friend who works for Lush. She claimed it would be great for my very acne prone skin. Sadly, and frustratingly enough, it was not.
Firstly, the price, not cheap for the small amount I got, and the packaging makes it really easy to overuse the product very quickly. It comes in one of that black, twist off, Lush jars. You have to scoop it out with your hand, which, if you think about it, is kind of gross.
The description that I was given by the girl who works at Lush was a lot different than the description on the packaging, which stated that this was a sort of ďall-in-oneĒ product, which could even be used to shave and style your hair. Needless to say, for someone who is prone to painful cystic acne, that didnít really sound like something you, should put on your face? But, as usual when I try new products that promise to be a HG product for the skin, I was hopefulÖ..boy was I wrong/kind of grossed out.
The scent was nice, sort of vanilla/citrus I guess, the consistency was very thick and goopy. Every single time I used it to moisturize, it was so thick that it left a film on my skin. So, as I assume most people do, you wash your face, and then use some toner, and lastly, you moisturize. But it left my face so sticky and gross I almost wanted to swipe some toner on again just to not feel as clogged up as this made my skin feel. You could feel the product just sort of sitting on your skin, it didnít absorb quickly AT ALL, and for someone with acne, the last thing you need is a thick ultra scented lotion just clogging up your pores.
I will say, it did work well the shave with, which is what I ended up doing with the rest of the product which I refused to put on my face any longer. So thatís the only upside I found, but I would never purchase it again just for that. Donít believe the hype when it comes to all these Lush products, they have great marketing schemes, but they arenít even as ďnaturalĒ as they claim to be, just overpriced.

on 3/27/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I received this as a gift from my best friend and never heard of LUSH before. I was super stoked to try it because it's all natural and I'm really into natural things but to my disappointment I really didn't like it. The smell is pleasant but it kinda left my skin sorta greasy.

on 12/28/2013 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have very dry skin and have been looking for a good all natural face lotion and I have finally found the one! It has a really nice fresh sweet scent and I don't find it too oily or greasy. When you first apply it will seem heavy but it absorbs with no shine, oil or grease left on the skin. For the first time I have found a lotion that leaves my skin looking and feeling hydrated without actually looking too dewy or greasy. This leaves my skin so wonderfully soft and hydrated! The only down side is the packaging is really bulky so not so good for on the go, but i just transfer some to a smaller container for my make up bag. A little bit goes a long way with this stuff, so even though it's around $24 I imagine it's going to last me quite a while. And given that it actually works really well, it's totally worth the price.

I love with the sweet scent as well, some people have compared the smell to different food references but I think its just a generally sweet smell not really foodie imo, it also smells very fresh too. Once applied the scent goes away.

To give you guys an idea of exactly how dry I am, I usually use Palmer's Cocoa Butter lotion on my face and in bad times the Nivea Cream (the thick one) these are the only lotions that seem to actually work! But then I tend to look greasy and I prefer more natural ingredients on my face. I think if you don't have a problem with dry skin this might be too thick for you. But if you have dry skin buy this stuff it's amazing !!

on 12/23/2012 10:29:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer.
It has a great smell. Sort of like orange creamsicles.

It is very heavy, so you do not need to use a lot unless your face is extremely dry.

I have found that it has made my face look brighter and smoother. This is a great moisturizer to use at night.

on 12/16/2012 6:03:00 PM

I have dehydrated, sensitive skin that gets very oily very quickly if I don't moisturize properly, especially in the winter. Cosmetic Lad works reasonably well for me - I use a tiny, tiny bit on my forehead and nose, and more on my cheeks and chin, and my skin feels amazing. As an added bonus, it doesn't irritate my face or break me out. That said, it's probably too heavy for summer - but the small jar will last me til the end of winter.

on 7/1/2012 3:53:00 PM

Weird, weird product. Made and marketed for boys (but I bought it anyway after going on the Lush website and deciding it would be best for my skin type). I gave it 3 stars, because as a moisturiser? 1 star. As a cleanser? 5 stars!!
I have combination/oily skin and this made my skin even shinier (even though I chose it because it's supposed to be good for combination skin) - I mean, it made my skin REALLY shiny. But as an eye-make up remover (even waterproof!) it's amazing!!! I rub this over my eyes - it never stings or irritates my eyes - then wipe if off with a cheap-o cleansing cloth (Tesco cleansing wipes 59p for 25) and it does the job! Fantastic. I do however have to cleanse my face with my beloved Liz Earle afterwards but for an eye make up remover it's fab and I know I'll be using it up but not as a moisturiser. Wouldn't pay £12 for this again though, it's just not the moisturiser for me.

on 4/4/2012 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Kinky, Fine

I love Cosmetic Lad. I have reeeally pale skin which sometimes gets quite red after normal cleansing, but after working for Lush over Christmas I had time to tailor a whole routine around it! I use Aqua Marina cleanser and then Cosmetic Lad over it every day and night, and my dry, dull, rough skin has never been better. Also, I used to suffer from this weird ew-y residue gunk all around the pores of my nose no metter how much cleaning/exfoliating I was doing. But after two weeks of doing this, voila. Gone. Thaaaank you, my beloved Lush.

on 3/26/2012 12:33:00 AM

I got a tub of this because I wanted a cruelty free moisturizer that smelled good. And this meets that criteria. In winter, this is great on my face as my skin gets very dry. I can use this twice a day, as a night cream and as a morning moisturizer before makeup. In summer, this is entirely too heavy to use at all as my skin gets too oily.
I've got very dry, sensitive skin on my body from allergies to a beloved pet, and when they get bad, I can't handle any scented product on my skin at all. This does the trick in those cases. It's too expensive to use as a body cream, but if your hands are sore and dry or something, it's great for spot treating bits that need help.

on 3/22/2012 8:40:00 PM

I like this moisturizer. It seems to be the right strength for my combination skin, and isn't overly expensive. Will repurchase.

Popular Moisturizers