Palmer's Palmers Olive Butter Formula

4.1

on 2/26/2015 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I purchased Palmers olive butter formula since I did not like the scent of the original cococa butter formula. Both are good at moisturizing skin and my scars left behind from knee injuries incurred during jogging has slowly started to fade. However, I noticed that it does not leave the skin hydrated for a long while as I had slight dry patches on my legs the next day. I think it should be used along with coconut oil to keep skin nicely moisturized. Additionally, I like the cooling effect it has on my skin which perfectly suitable for the tropical weather of Sri Lanka. This is the cream that is light enough to be used during the Summer period but I would not recommend it for Winter.

on 8/7/2014 8:19:00 PM

I thought I'd give this a go as I love the original Cocoa Butter but this isn't as good in my opinion. Firstly, I don't like the fragrance, which is very strong. It's also really thick and I've found it hard to spread over my body without dragging it on the skin. To use it up I'm basically just using it on my arms and legs for the SPF15 benefit.

on 3/13/2014 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Love this product! My skin broke out and I started using this cream and it worked great :) It makes a difference to my skin and soothes it, would definitely buy it as soon as I run out! I bought this a few months ago and the small packaging version of it only cost me 5 bucks and it was worth it. It works better for me than normal moisturisers and I always go for the ones with the 'very dry' label and none of them helped, this was the only one that actually helped.

on 5/6/2013 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVED this lotion! My skin has been very dry, to the point were iv had white flaky skin on legs and arms! I work in a well air conned shop and have neglected moisturising for awhile :S ! So this is one of the only lotions that have sorted it! It's as rich as the cocoa lotion but without the chocolate stench which can be too overpowering at times. It leaves my skin feeling so soft without being tacky and the hydration lasts for a good 24H so once a evening should be sufficient! Plus that olive oil is Sooo good for the skin! Keeps it looking young! Plus love that it has Vitamin E! A great everyday lotion for dry skin and a bargain at £3.50!

I love this stuff. My dad had a buy 2 get free1 offer and he just got it. Then, I asked him if I could have one bottle. Thankfully, he said yes. It was the first time I put it on my skin and after like 2 minutes my skin felt magically soft.....:) The texture is a nice kinda wet, thick feeling with a fresh light smell. Olive is supposed to be SUPERB for skin, so this was gr8. Thank you Palmers!!!x

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this lotion for ages and loving it! The price is reasonable and you get more than what you spend! It leaves my skin soft and moist and it also leaves nice natural scent. Once I stumbled upon this never change to another lotion ever!

on 12/22/2012 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

i got a mini size in a 'hand cream' trio from Palmers and i'm so happy with this. i love the scent, love that it's paraben free, it's not greasy and super hydrating! this is the first lotion/cream i've used from Palmers. going to try the others and consider getting a full size as a body lotion. love it!

on 7/24/2012 9:05:00 PM

Excellent product. No cons, just pros:
The packaging is an attractive green colour and is safe for travelling.
The consistency is not too thin and not too thick, perfect for after your shower and is perfect for all over body, even oilier torso-areas.
It moisturises and hydrates really well and absorbs surprisingly fast, especially since it is an olive butter!
The scent is really fresh and non-offensive, surprisingly!
It's very affordable.
It does not clog skin.
The ingredients are high quality.
This is one of my new favourite products, I use it every day. :)

on 5/5/2012 7:59:00 AM

I much prefer this than the original cocoa butter. First of all, the cloying scent of cocoa butter give me a terrible headache every time i use it. This scent is not too olive-y yet fresh. The lotion really sink in and moisturises my skin (especially my limbs). It can leave a slightly oily film on my body but it's still works better than other body moisturiser/lotion i've tried (example: Jergens)

If you live in a hot tropical place like Singapore and dislike that oily film it leaves on your body, you can add a little more water to dilute out the lotion which also helps with the absorption.

on 4/12/2012 6:16:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Pros:
- ok moisturising
- affordable pump bottle

Cons:
- disliked smell (morning fresh)
- consistency which left strange residue on my skin

This product was ok for using on legs, but would not repurchase as it left a weird residue (didn't really absorb into skin).