December 21, 2014 | 1502 users online

Shampoo - Dove - Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by pinksaburke

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This shampoo and conditioner did an ok job. I wouldn't recommend for anybody that wants volume. It really weighs down your hair and the conditioner doesn't really moisturize damaged hair

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by jennifer23404

I have very fine bleached blond and color treated hair (low-lights). This was terrible; made my hair feel really dry! Yuck! This goes for both the shampoo and conditioner. So,if you have dry, damaged fine hair- keep looking! I wouldn't recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a good shampoo, I used it a couple of years ago when I had bleached highlights in my hair. It kept my hair pretty soft. But the best thing about this stuff is the smell, it smells amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2009 9:44:00 PM More reviews by KatKatie

My hair is fairly long- (When it is straightened, it lies halfway down my upper arm.) My hair is fairly thin and is prone to having dry ends. (My hair is actually darkened by just a few tones, but not lightened.)
When I first used Dove Advanced Color Care for Lightened or Highlighted Hair, I was on holidays and the small packaging of 200mL was very convenient, I hated it. I had no choice for the next 8 nights but to use it. After the third night, I started to like it. My hair felt soft, looked shiny and wasn't dry at the ends. Now, the only bad thing I can say about the combo of this shampoo and conditioner is that by the end of the day, my roots are oily, which isn't a problem for me, because I wash my hair every day. It is better than my last shampoo and conditioner, which is dearer, Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2009 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ValleyOfSins

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is good shampoo. After switching my hair colour from the blackest black to a bright, firey red, I needed some help with dryness and helping my colour last. It really did help with re-hydrating my hair after the bleaching, but I've used other shampoos that held the red in longer. Overall thumbs up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2009 12:37:00 PM More reviews by luckybamboozled

I have med length hair, the strands are fine but I have a lot of hair if that makes sense. I have to be careful with the product I use because it's either too moisturizing and my hair is too soft or it's not moisturizing enough and feels like straw. This shampoo and conditioner is PERFECT for my hair. I couldn't stop touching my hair I was so surprised with the results. In the past I have used a lot of salon shampoo and conditioners recently loving matrix biolage line which after awhile just left my hair feeling not so clean it just felt like my hair always had a heavy product in it. This left my hair shiny, silky (not too soft!) and best of all clean! I love it and will continue to purchase. Great stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2008 12:42:00 PM More reviews by pumpkin314

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

firstly, the only reason why i wouldnt buy this again is because its pretty expensive. i work at a drug store so i know how cheap shampoos can be, even good ones when theyre on sale. (l'oreal vive pro is buy one get one free just about every other week) but i did get this shampoo when it was 2 for $8 and i had a $2 coupon.

anyway, when i first bought this i was using it in the shower and my sister came in to brush her teeth and went "mmmmm whats that smell". so, it smells great. i dont know if it really did much to my hair though. i recently got it highlighted then went back to get it highlighted again within a week, then dyed it dark ash blonde a week later, and died it again a month later. so, i guess my hair probably should be really dry and damaged, but its not too bad.

i also have the conditioner, and i felt like that didnt really condition too well until i read the back and saw that it said to leave in for 1-2 minutes. well i leave it in and finish my shower then rinse it before i get out and its really soft and knott free. =] and it smells just as good as the shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2008 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Laera

I have severely processed hair right now. To cut the story short, I basically high lighted and lowlighted/highlighted my hair within 3 weeks of each salon visit. To begin with, I also have frizzy, wavy, thin strands, dry, fly away, split end prone hair. My regular shampoo and conditioner (Matrix Smoothening line) was drying out my hair and giving my scalp white "flakes" (product build up). My good friend suggested using Dove bec of it's gentle and moisturizing properties. After the first use, I felt the difference right away. After using Dove for 3 weeks, my hair is soft and silky. And my scalp is healthy (no more "flakes"). Also, when I first came out of the salon, I thought my lowlights were too dark. This shampoo, brought my lowlights to the color I wanted and my highlights are bright and shiny. I love this shampoo...I love the smell. I didn't give it 5 lippies though because I hate the packaging. It's hard to hold the bottle (especially when my hands are wet) and flipping open the top to open it hurts my finger sometimes. Dove needs to rework the packaging on this product.
TIP: To avoid drying out my hair, I shampoo every other day and use the matching conditioner every day. I do this only when my hair is not dirty from sweat or from being outdoors too long.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/9/2007 6:24:00 AM More reviews by wetmango

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

At first my hair looked great everytime I used this, I got quite a few compliments but over time my scalp went really itchy and flaky. I didn't think it was the shampoo until I read the reviews. I switched to Garnier poo and cond. 2 weeks ago and sure enough my scalp in back to normal, my hair is a lot less dry and I'm even loosing less hair in the shower, this is nasty stuff and I'm amazed it took me so long to realise!
Don't trust Dove anymore now!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2007 3:11:00 AM More reviews by trumpetgirl4life

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I am really surprised by the negative comments on here! This is my HG shampoo for sure! I love all of Dove's products, and this one is no exception. Admittedly, I came on makeupalley to check out the comments on this line before I purchased it. I was really hesitent due to all of the negative reviews, but I thought, the whole system is only (roughly) $12 (for the shampoo, conditioner, and luminating mist), which is a whole lot cheaper than the Bed Head shampoo for ligthened hair that I was using. So, I thought, "Why not?" Man, am I glad I did! The FIRST day I used it I had three comments on how "lovely" my hair is. I mean, my hair gets oily easily, is course and rough, etc. I was floored! My hair has looked FAB ever since! Yey! I LOVE this shampoo! HOWEVER, I think it may have faded my highlights a bit...makes me wonder what is in it that fades bleached out highlights; or, rather, made them a tad brassy. Keeping that in mind, I would rather have faded highlights and beautiful hair--which I now do!--than bright highlights with oily, course, and overall bad hair.