July 30, 2014 | 995 users online

Fragrances - Hermes - Terre d Hermes

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by gmstrack

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the EDT. I’m not going to break down the notes or rate it. Yes, this is Jean-Claude Ellena’s mainstream fragrance packed full of ISO E super; it smells good but lacks subtly and the trademark whimsical touch. Blah-de-blah-blah. I would recommend this to someone not really into fragrance. Basically, it could be a great gateway fragrance for people trying to convince their spouses to step over to the dark side and start a creepy perfume collecting hobby. It just might work—he said “It’s O.K.” and tossed it into the neglected pile of samples next to his computer. Fingers crossed.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by plutteluran

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is just so gorgeous! Dry and clean citrus in perfect balance with woody notes. A high qualitative fragrance for all men out there who wants to make a statement. I got a sample of it today and just cant stop smelling my wrist right now. Not unisex what so ever. It is masculinity in a bottle. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted a matchy-matchy scent for him, with my Kelly Caleche. Terre D' Hermes isnt exactly a match...but i just found an ultimate signature fragrance for him! His usual faves are Polo Black, Polo Double Black, Polo Blue...the list of boring polos goes on, with the occasional Farenheit or Dior Homme. This one killed everything else. It smells like expensive leather just taken a luxe bath, with the maturity of a well-soled man and the flooze of a skull T-shirt. He wears this everywear, repurchase after repurchase. I steal this too sometimes. it's dope good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by cocorocha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

You wouldn't believe where I found this gem....on a girlie-girl site where a beautiful girl said her boyfriend got this for his birthday,wore it once and said he didn't like it at all!!....
and since then, it stood in their bathroom, until she decided to sell it for a 15 $!!!for a 2.5. oz bottle...
hm, try to say NO to that offer:ĐĐĐ

of course I said to my bf I'm going to buy it for him, and we ended up using Terre together (he bought it,oh what a sacrifice...:)...

ok,what I think about this perfume: it smells like a burnt orange peel plus Chanel's Sycomore...amaaaaazingly sexy but in a sophisticated way (more italian kind of sexy then french...)...very dry,mineral,has a note of humid soil and very salty component (Eau des Merveilles saltiness...)....sillage is huuuuuge!!...it could be pulled off as a female scent but its caracter is purely masculine..... I'm tryin' to pull it off,and not sure for how long will I endure the fight with vetyver..(don't like Sycomore, we certainly don't get along!)..

best description is given by a fellow basenoter who said:

''...Terre D'Hermes does exactly what M. Ellena is known to do with his fragrances: Evolve and Intrigue. Ellena is known for his transparent style - literally "see through" fragrances. Give my man a dirty old window and he'll shoot pellets of art right through it in a pattern that's apparent...but when looking through the holes, an entirely new world unfolds right there in front of you.

Starts with a fireworks display of rugged citruses with a sparkling sensation given off by the pepper...dries down to a mellowed orange zest fragrance with a strong woody, earthy, and soil like undertone...which gives off a strong, masculine, yet refreshing sensation. Extremely versatile...can be sported in a suit, a henley and jeans, or T-shirt and shorts, ...anything - any weather - any season - a remarkable creation by JCE.

...''.....by DrAdotP

JC Ellena,you are the Beethoven of perfume industry!!

(p.s. I recently read that Terre actually comes in 2 different concentrations....and I was wondering why is this edp so strong and kinda unpleasantly bitter....edt is much more subtle and flowery, so my vote goes to creamy,airy and more feminine edt...;D)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by followtwr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

When I discovered it for the first time I was very, very sorry that it was a male fragrance. I would love to feel it all the time!!! It is absolutely perfect. Gave it to my husband for more than 3 times... So far))

rated 3 of 5 on 7/24/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I would recommend this fragrance to a guy but personally it didn't grab me as being a memorable or ineteresting scent. A bit to heavy and I normally enjoy stronger scents.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 8:26:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I'm a fan of citrus smells, but need to have some depth with it (like a spicy or woodsy accord). Having read the reviews and descriptions of this popular scent, I was dying to try it. Citrus opening? Yes. Woodsy drydown? Intriguing. Searched high and low all over town to find this and when I finally did, I grabbed the tester and spritzed some juice on my arm. I took a big sniff. It was all I hoped it would be and more.

Okay, maybe that is a bit dramatic, but TdH far out performs so much of the fragrances marketed to men these days. This is a great scent that is nice for office wear (I've worn it to work and it gets a thumbs up), a casual night out, and even formal events (wore it to a wedding recently). For me, this is better for warmer weather (spring/summer). Wore it on a cold day a while ago and it had no power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by lallen08

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This has become my husband's favorite fragrance. Fabulous dry down and it lasts all day. He still smells yummy after a long day at work. He says the women at work are always commenting about how great he smells and asking him what he is wearing. I love it. HUGE improvement over the Cool Water from which I've been trying to wean him since the 80s.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2011 6:20:00 AM More reviews by plsthink2ice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this as a present for my finacee and he just loved it.. when he finished it I had to buy him another one and he was over the moon , he doesn't have time for shopping and he appreciates this elegant , manly scent so much .. I like it too but would rather have him wear it in outings than in "close encounters" as it is too overwhelming for me:)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 10:15:00 AM More reviews by Soyonzen

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent perfume for men. I wear many unisex and men's perfumes. However, this one I will leave for DH. Yes, it is excellent. It is everything everyone describes below. I bought it thinking I could wear it. It is more masculine on me than I would like- both in the opening and dry down. I have the parfum and it is the only concentration I have tried. According to reviews, the parfum is not much different than the EDT.