November 27, 2014 | 1445 users online

Palettes - Cover Girl - Irridescent EyeShadow Kit - Dreamlicious

rated 4.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

This eyeshadow kit is one of four that CoverGirl is releasing with its Spring '06 "Dream Away" collection (the other ones are: Enchanted Garden, Celestial Pinks and Butterflies, but as yet, I've only seen Butterflies).

"Dreamalicious" is a nicely compact, rectangular palette with a clear lid and includes a double-ended sponge-tipped applicator (no mirror, though I don't mind). It is composed of three colors, all of them sheer, pastel, and yes, irridescent: pale gold, spring green, pinky lavender. They're lovely for adding a sheer, softly glowing touch of color (I'm LLL/AAB, by the way) that subtly brightens up your eyes. I normally don't wear green or pink on my lids, but these are both sheer and light enough that they don't look clownish or too out-there. And the gold is really great-looking on me--exactly the kind of non-frosty hint of gold that's perfect with a light tan and pinky-coral lips.

The irridescent effect is rather subtle, as befits a dreamy look :) It's a cream shadow, remember, so it might not be the best thing for oily-lidded folks. The applicator is fine, but honestly, I generally just use my finger to swipe this on. Lasting power is fine on me, with no creasing or fading, but I have dry lids and never have problems with eye makeup. This is inexpensive for an unusual set of eyeshadows (for the drugstore, at least) and definitely worth a try.