December 22, 2014 | 943 users online

Liquid - Aveda - Moisture plus Tint

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 1:59:00 PM More reviews by harrisss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I do not like most foundations because I find them heavy and feel as though my skin can't "breath." But this Aveda one is lovely. It's light but it makes my skin look even-toned with a nice glow; I have gotten lots of compliments when I use this product. This foundation only offers light coverage so I wouldn't recommend it for problem-skin. I use a separate concealer for the bags under my eyes because they need some serious coverage.
Yes, the price is ridiculous. But this is the only foundation I can tolerate and, until something better comes along, it's worth the price

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by stephaniemarie

I use this as a foundation as I do not like the 'foundation' look. It evens out my complextion perfectly :)
I have pretty clear skin so those with things to cover would probably not use only this.
Sets great with powder, feels natural~

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2006 11:41:00 PM More reviews by tweettweet

this is great for winter, and set with some powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 12:18:00 AM More reviews by neverseenblue

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second tube of this stuff. I don't know why I love it as much as I do, but I know I'll buy it again and again until they discontinue it. It's very sheer and doesn't offer much coverage, only really evens out the skin. However, it doesn't irritate the skin at all, has no offensive scent, and doesn't clog any pores. I used to be a foundation-wearer when I didn't really need foundation. I had one terrible experience with Clinique foundation (the SA insisted I needed one shade when I knew I needed another, but I trusted her and had orange skin as a result). Then I tried Prescriptives, etc etc. However, this stuff is great. I've worn it for over a year, through hot summer and through a freezing Canadian winter and haven't been disappointed or had to change formulas. If you're looking for full coverage, or even for a heavy "tint" or bronzing effect, this likely isn't for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2005 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

All of the reviews here are very helpful and informative.
My opinion on this tinted moisturizer thus far is that it is not the greatest. It does leave the skin feeling moist and dewy. I think the shade I bought (01/Aspen), which is the lightest shade, is maybe not the greatest for my "blah" toned skin. Something with a hint of color works best for me. this product in Aspen is completely devoid of any tint, as far as I can tell.
The next time I buy a tinted moisturizer with sunblock I will stick with Clinique Tinted City Block moisturizer/sunblock which is half the cost of this and looks much better on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2004 10:00:00 PM More reviews by janedoe

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product for 2 weeks. I use several different Aveda moisturizers fairly often without incident, however, moisture plus tint does not agree with my skin at all. Now the texture of my skin is very rough.

I had hoped to replace the more expensize Laura Mercier TM with this product, however, no such luck.

The coverage is lovely, and would be great for someone who wants a light coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2004 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Hedonic_Devotion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i think this would be a great sheer foundation for women with aging skin, since it gives such a dewey finish and does not set into fine lines or streak. also, it would be great for women who already have a flawless complexion, and don't need to cover anything up. i would NOT recommend it for women with oily skin, and it's even if-y for women with combo skin (like me). if you have oily or combo skin, the stuff DOES set well with powder, but it does NOT control oil, esp. not in the t-zone. i actually wore this on my wedding day as a sheer foundation under my aveda powder foundation in dual aster, which was the real star of the show....aveda powder foundation has turned out to be my HGF...i was not even able to wear powder before i tried aveda's powder....but that's another story for a different post. the reason i wore moisture + tint on my wedding day was b/c the SA in the aveda store had put it on me underneath the powder, and i bought the moisture + tint b/c i thought it was responsible for the flawless face that the powder was giving me. even when you do set this moisturizer with powder, it still feels very thick. i've worn liquid foundations that dont even feel this thick!! it isnt oily, but FEELS heavy on my face. i think i will probably save it for wintertime, or wear it if i am out in the sun all day, since i feel as though i am wearing waterproof sunscreen when i am wearing this moisturizer (fyi: it's not actually waterproof!!). it causes my powder to clump up in my t-zone, and makes my forehead oily(er) as hell by the time the day is half-over. i am a PPP/LLL and used the shade called 'aspen,' which (i believe) is one of the lighter shades. i think i would highly recommend this for girls with super-dry skin, as it would probably absorb better (although it doesnt absorb too well even on the dry parts of my combo face....). i definitely won't be buying this again. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 8/4/2004 2:15:00 AM More reviews by tabitha75

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wanted to love it, tried to love it, DIDN'T love it. It's a good idea for Aveda, in theory. In actuality, it made me look like I just had an encounter with the Exxon Valdez. WAY too oily for my combo-acne prone skin. The sun protection might have worked, but since this product kept sliding off my face, it never really had a chance to. 2 Lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2004 9:39:00 AM More reviews by libby_london

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I agree with everything MiaG said too. This is a lovely product. I have tried a million foundations from Shu Uemura and Chanel to Dior and Shiseido. For every day wear, nothing makes me look as fresh and glowing as this does. It is so easy to apply and you never get streaky lines or yucky muddy bits if you have flaky skin. It stays on without a problem.
I use a NARS multiple over the top for my blush and it's a nice natural look. Set with powder to tone down the shine for hot days.
The packaging is also really functional and sleek and environmentally friendly of course.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Loveyfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately, this product broke me out within the first few uses.