July 23, 2014 | 1757 users online

Self Tanners - Banana Boat - Everyday Glow-Daily Moisturizer in Medium Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2010 8:39:00 PM More reviews by prettykitty1423

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Meh.
I bought this, expecting a fantastic tanner.
Let's break it down:
Smell: Awful, chemical and strong. I can live with it, but I don't like it one bit.
Application: Smooth, makes my skin feel very soft.
Initial Coloring: Very good, made me tanned within a week, and when continued, it makes a very nice soft golden brown colour.
Fading: When I stopped using it for a few days, it started fading and being blotchy! It's horrible, I need to continue application forever to avoid blotchiness!
Packaging: In the starting, I thought it was fine, but the cap broke, and it doesn't close properly and the product is leaking out!
Overall, I think I'll use it up, but no way in hell am I repurchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by pure1magination

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is replacing my VS self tanner since it is cheaper and also gets decent results (the victoria's secret one is still my first choice though, for color and smell).

i gave this a 4 because it does have a tendency to streak on me a little bit.. mostly on the underside of my arms and around my feet. i can usually control this by pre-applying a thick lotion on those areas (similar to a barrier cream) to make the self-tanner lotion go on more smoothly.
for a self-tanner, the smell is some of the best you will find. it is not too strong the next day. also unlike many others, it is not loaded with shimmer. for this reason, i also use it on my face and no it does NOT break me out.
the color on me (i am pale, yellow undertones) is slightly orange, but not too fake-orange so it works ok. i can use this regularly (every day) and it looks pretty natural. sometimes i forget how much color it is actually giving me until i stop using it and notice how incredibly pale i get!
go ahead and try it out, this stuff beats that jergens natural glow stuff by far..

+it is very thick and creamy, easy to apply and very moisturizing
+i notice color development by the next day. if i keep applying i get better color, but it does tend to fade after a couple days so it's better to apply 2 days in a row, then wait a day, then apply again..
+i have never gotten orange from this stuff, but do be careful around your toes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2008 6:00:00 PM More reviews by Diva99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this product after trying Jergens Natural Glow (which was initially the only moisturizing self tanning lotion out there before all the others came out a year or two ago)
Banana Boat has a milder smell than Natural Glow and produces a darker colour on my fair skin. Another added plus is that it doesn't streak either which is great. I usually apply this before I go to bed and since I have light skin, it takes me 3-4 applications until I look "tanned" though I do notice a difference after the first application (more radiant skin, more colour) With this product, it fades evenly, but quickly, so I find I have to reapply it every 2 days or so to maintain it but its quick and fast absorbing so I love it! Though, I use Dove energy glow for the face which I also recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2008 10:36:00 AM More reviews by lala2009

Nice lotion, not the best.
Has a nice smell, and applies very evenly
However it left me orange at first but after 5 apps i was orange brown.
Okay but i won't repurchase.
I suggest Jergens.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 3:48:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I liked this a lot initially, but now it's too drying and leaves me with white patches where it didn't cling. To me it was good enough in winter to have a bit of color, but in the summer, its drying and too obvious for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by putyourrecordsOn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have always wanted to try a self-tanning product. I have read some reviews here on MUA and many products seemed to turn a lot of you orange and splotchy, which is what I didn't want. On a random day, I was at the drugstore and happened to see this product on the shelf. I never read any reviews about it, but thought I would give it a try since Banana Boat products have been very good to me in the past. Boy, was I happy. After one or two applications, I saw a very nice glow that wasn't orange at all. It kind of smelled a little bit, but it only lasted for an hour or so and wasn't that bad. Then I remembered to check MUA for reviews and was happy to see all of the positive reviews. Like many others said, this does not leave you splotchy and fades evenly. The only thing I dislike about the product is the packaging. I wish it would come in a pump version instead of in the tube because it tends to get a little slippery. Overall, this is a very good product and I will DEFINITELY repurchase when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2007 3:39:00 AM More reviews by Sarah138

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried maybe 4 or 5 gradual self tanners and this is my favorite (with Vaseline Healthy Body Glow coming in second). I am pale, but bought it in medium because I want a little more color and some self tanners seem to not color me at all.

Pros: It is not blotchy. It fades evenly. Noticed a change in color after 2 apps which usually NEVER happens (usually takes 5-7 days for me, even though I'm pale). Natural brown color. No initial smell. Less sticky feeling than all the others I have tried.

Cons: Does get a little smelly after a few minutes, but not as powerful as things like L'Oreal. If you put it on before bed and let it dry a bit, I've never had any smell in the morning. Although it's not as sticky as others and the least sticky of those I have tried, it is still a little sticky, which is why I gave it a 4 instead of a 5. Again, if you put it on before bed, it's not sticky the next day.

Very satisfied, will definitely buy it again because I love the color, that it doesn't stink for too long, and that it fades evenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2007 1:23:00 PM More reviews by Cherriesg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I lucked out and found an entire shelf of this at the $ store.
I bought one and tried it, And after noticing how nice and soft my skin felt I went back for another.
I am still using it, And it's produces a nice even honey brown tan on my skin. Yes it does seem a little orange as it's wearing off, But usually a little more applied that night and it takes care of it.
Haven't noticed it really coming off in the shower or lake.
Here's a tip though, I squirt a blob of it in my hand and mix it with a regular lotion for my face and neck, This really helps with it being all streaky.
I also heavily lotion my ankles,feet,elbows and knees before applying the self tanner, So it won't absorb as much, Much like Mystic tanning.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupcrazy31

I was excited to see this product, to be able to have a glow lotion for your face. Plus spf...well no luck for me. The instant I put it on it burned my skin. So off it came & it burned for a bit even after I took it off. Bummer!:(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2007 9:39:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i bought a two pack at target, did not expect much- the package says fresh scent- that sold me... well it does what it says it will do, after using a few times i do have a golden brown glow.. i would say this was more of a self tanner than a moisturizer- it definitely leaves a color on your skin after application (which is what i wanted) but i thought it would be more subtle when it came to my ankles, elbows and other areas that you have to be so careful with self tanners.... so that was a bit of a dissapointment. the smell is the typical 'ST stink' as i call it, i guess it is a nec. evil with this stuff, but the smell is bad- i have found that if i put it on at night, then let it dry and put my pj's on, then i wake up, take a shower, and wash the stink off of me, it works well, the price is great, i would say go for it.