October 25, 2014 | 1838 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder - Wheat

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 4:03:00 PM More reviews by jencasino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love how this sets my makeup, without making my face feel heavy with product. It provides great coverage, and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. The only thing I can suggest to improve this product is if they sold it WITH a loose powder brush. And I do mean incorporated in the powder, not as an added accessory.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2007 10:02:00 AM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this in a swap after failing to find it at the Sephora sale - well worth the wait! I had heard great things about this powder and for good reason. This shade is perfect for my NC35 skintone. When I apply it, it's basically invisible but melts in with my foundation, mattifying it in a natural way (not too matte, not chalky). I love the scent of Becca products too - it smells decadent and luxurious. I will rebuy but the price will make it painful. =/

EDIT: THIS GAVE ME WHITEHEADS ALL OVER MY FACE :< BROKE ME OUT!!! This has never happened before, even with MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ladybgn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Fine and sheer and can be applied without fear. The color is comparable to NARS Eden, but in my opinion, controls oils far better and is more in line with my needs - I use loose powder to set, not to provide pigment. It looks VERY natural. Like NARS, you get a lot, so I recommend putting some in a separate container/sifter for ease of use and for sanitary purposes. Lately, these powders have been nearly impossible to get - the website is sold out, Sephora online and in the stores are also sold out. I got mine (last one) from a Neiman Marcus store. If you can find your color match, give it a try! UPDATE** it imparts too much pigment; I went back to LM translucent.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2007 12:42:00 PM More reviews by bumble

Gave a very nice finish and was very pleased with this product at first. I though the price was still too high but was willing to live with it. However, after a few days it broke me out horribly. I get breakouts once in a while, but my face was covered. I don't know what ingredient was the culprit, but I haven't had a product do this much damage to my complexion in a long time.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2006 2:29:00 PM More reviews by mineren

I have been dying to try Becca's products for quite some time and decided to take the plunge. I'm a CCC/MAC C6 and use Becca's Bamboo LSC and Honey concealer. However, I was having a harder time with the loose powders, deciding bet the Wheat and Mocha. The Wheat looked too pale and the Mocha a bit too dark/flat. Ultimately, I went w/ the Wheat which gives more of a 'lift' than the Mocha - Mocha might work with just a moisturizer or sunscreen. Also, I'm slightly sensitive and did not get a reaction w/ these products. 4/28/07 Update: still loving this powder! Sticking with Wheat, since Mocha appears too flat. I'm trying to stop wearing foundation and found this powder works perfectly alone with a concealer, primer and Becca's blush. Its's a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2006 9:35:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

The loose powder from Becca is one of the star's from this line. Finely milled, gives skin a finished look. The container is a bit of a pain, powder tends to get everywhere but this product is worth it. Dont take off too much of the paper sticky thing! Wonderful powder! i wear wheat and i am an NC30. Retails for $33.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2006 6:29:00 PM More reviews by renemy

I am a MAC C3 and this is a very good match for me. I think NC 30s can also wear this.

The good: very finely milled. This is possibly the best loose powder I have ever tried. With only moisturizer underneath, it still gives me a gorgeous airbrushed look. Tons of color choices too, probably about 10!

The bad: I don't like the packaging. This is what I do (I swapped for it without the puff). With the lid on, I shake it up a little. Then I take the lid off, and use a fluffy powder brush and use what's on the lid. This is a pretty good method, but when I first pull the lid off, lots of powder puffs into the air. Not a ton, but I still find this wasteful. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Overall: Excellent powder. Pricey, but you get 40 grams of it! It should last you a long, long time.