August 22, 2014 | 1872 users online

Eyeliner - Make Up For Ever - Waterproof Eyepencil in Star Black 1L

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 3:25:00 AM More reviews by ChennyPenn

Total HG.

As we all know, black-black can actually make the eyes appear smaller. Hence, this charcoal-black is the answer. It's my everyday liner that works for the office, happy hour, dinner, and clubbing (with thicker application). In short, it can do no wrong. I can never go back to true black liner after discovering grey/charcoal.

Terrific staying power, even on my oily lids, though it can smear a bit over my crease. But I think that has just as much to do with the ways my eyelids are, so I don't really hold it against the pencil.

I've never tried the 24/7 pencil so I can't compare, but I can say with certainty that the MUFE 1L is the best liner I've used out of at least 7 other brands I've tried, from drug store to department.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by ristastic

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG everyday eyeliner. I have very oily eyelids and nothing stays put except this and 24/7. I alternate between the two depending on which color I want. The Make Up For Ever 1L I find to be a nice soft black (almost more like charcoal than black) which suits me because I don't want a harsh black eyeliner look. I also use the 3L which is a really nice slightly metallic dark blue.

I'm taking one lippie off because I don't actually find it to be waterproof - crying or putting in eye drops will make it smear - but it is *oil* proof which is much more important for my oily skin. I don't have the patience to apply gel eyeliners, so I think this is the next best thing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by LeslieMUA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite black eyeliner, and I like it because it's a little softer and low-key than your typical black liner. If I'm doing a really intense, dark smokey eye, I'll reach for something a little more potent. For the most part, though, I do lighter smokey eyes, and this product works great for that because it's not quite as harsh. I also use it right along my lash line to make my lashes appear thicker. I'll line my eyes lightly with this product, as close as I can get to the lashes, and smudge immediately. I find that it sets pretty quickly, so I try to apply a little, smudge, and repeat the process until I have the look I'm going for.

Overall, the price is a bit high, but I like the product and shade enough that it's worth it. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by istuart

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This liner is super soft and creamy and the color is rich, even intense. But the color smudges and runs right off your water line; it needs to be set with a powder shadow. So, overall not awful but I can get th same exact results from cheaper drug store eye liner pencils. Definitely not worth the high price tag.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This color is kind of a "soft black", it's almost charcoal. The color is not as rich as I expected and it doesn't show up on your waterline. Doesn't last at all (just about 2-3 hours) and smudges a little. Returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 3:22:00 PM More reviews by kawiki

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Blendable, rich color, and waterproof. What more could you ask for?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2010 2:07:00 PM More reviews by briii

this is a great eyeliner. i have this in 2l as well. it is really hard for me to find a black eyeliner that is extremely dark and has good staying power,and this eyeliner has both of those qualities. i haven't had a problem with this smudging at all, which is another plus. this is just a great eyeliner. it goes on smooth and looks great on. i will continue to buy this eyeliner (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I continue to purchase this eyeliner. I like the smooth application. It does smudge but not as bad as some eyeliners. I hate buying pencil liners but this is worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

HG. HG. HG. Works well with my oily eye lids...doesn't smudge or crease and removes easily with water proof makeup remover. Would rebuy over and over again. Really intense black shade...I've tried 0L and didn't like it so much because it's a more greyed black...but this one is super black!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2009 4:51:00 AM More reviews by dumbdookie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased and tried using a few other eyeliner pencils, and this one by far is the best so far (of course, compared to my recent discovery of gel eyeliners, this is still far below in comparison). However, speaking strictly in terms of pencil eyeliner, this one works fairly well compared to the others (such as urban decay and avon). It doesn't glide on as easily as the urban decay 24/7 glide on one, but it's not hard to apply either. What makes this one better than the other ones I've used is the duration - this one actually lasts longer and does not smear as badly as the others do. The black color of this eyeliner isn't too dark and doesn't make my eyes look too "made up." It's good to use as an every day, casual eyeliner (as I don't always have the time or feel the need to bust out the flat brush and gel eyeliner).

I feel that it's good to have a pencil eyeliner around for casual, fast-applying use. I'm done exploring (and being disappointed time and time again) with other brands of eyeliner pencil, so I'm sticking to this one! Will definitely repurchase once it's gone (which may be a while, since I have already bought one as a spare back up) =)