April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Capture Totale Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by thecarrottop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received a sample size of this at a make up demo put on by the Dior counter at my local Dillard's store. I was excited to try this, since the price tag on the product is quite expensive and I appreciate the chance to try out high end products for free.

I put this serum on my face last night, and right away was overwhelmed by the strong, cloying smell. Prior to this, I've never used a serum that felt more like a perfume sample. Now don't get me wrong, I think a nice perfume has its place, but it doesn't belong on my face. I like facial products to be fragrance free, or at least contain very little fragrance.

The next thing I noticed was that my face was burning a little more than usual. I realize that a slight burning sensation can be typical of all serums, but this felt more uncomfortable than that. My hands also smelled like that icky, strong fragrance for 30 minutes after I applied the serum.

This morning, I went into the bathroom to take a peek at my skin, and it has a dry, slightly red and irritated look to it. My skin is generally healthy and even, and with no other changes to my skincare routine, I cannot see any other reason for the redness other than the serum. I have used several other serums in the past, and none has done this to my skin...I think the high amount of fragrance has caused the problem.

I wouldn't recommend this product and will be dumping the rest of the bottle promptly. Thank goodness I didn't pay for this! it just goes to show that a high price tag doesn't necessarily mean a better product.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:25:00 AM More reviews by nadiuszka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got two generous samples of this serum as I wanted to see for myself why this product gets such rave reviews. I am so glad I did. It does nothing to my skin. I have quite oily type, that it is already very smooth (thnak you Philosphy microderambrasion wash) so this couldn't really improve that. It didn't make my pores appear smother, neither some of the fine lines I already have. Made my foundation run down of my face half day.
For that price they could do better! I am back to L'oreal illuminating serum - the best ever!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by scmoonster

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the texture, smell and quality of this product. I received it as a sample, and instantly fell in love with it. After the first use, you notice that your skin feels instantly softer with a velvety matte finish. B/c of this I stopped using a primer before application of my powder as it practically works like one. Over time, my skin texture smoothed out and some of the pores around my nose have become smaller (although they'll never be completely invisible). It is pricey, but worth it. I try to get it during sephora's F&F sale or from overseas in a larger 50 mL bottle. I also only use it in the morning, so a 30-mL bottle tends to last about 6 months or a little longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2012 2:29:00 AM More reviews by jella22

unfortunately i am not able to say anything positive about this product.....i know know..``if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it at all``..well i must !! this serum totally broke out my poor skin !! it felt as though i was putting plastic on my skin...i guess the smell was descent but for the price i was expecting far better. i would definetly not recommend this product for individuals with acne-prone skin....your money would be must better spend elsewhere. Dior is my one true love, but i have to admit, they totally dissapointed me with this product :(

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:08:00 AM More reviews by Ninetosix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS. The pump is easy to dispense the product out, so it is more hygienic than a tube or round compartments. The gel texture is smooth, fast absorption, light, colorless, fresh smell and makes my skin feel good. I think sensitive and combination can get the benefit from this serum, as it is not irritating nor pore clogging.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by doudoune

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love it love it pores wrinkles dark spots everything is less visible after 2 months of use 6 months i wasn't wearing any foundation anymore .aftre 2 years people swear that i'm 30 but guess what i'm 45 THANKS DIOR
PS; don't expect magic after the first night of use true the next day your skin will fell soft but to really work you need to give it a least 6 weeks to see the change

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a pricey serum, but it is worth it. it really helps even out tone, diminish age spots,.Repairs and revives the brightness of the skin. With ultra-concentrated in anti-aging ingredients, this emollient transparent serum visibly refines the skin's texture and revives its luminosity. Highly concentrated with silica, its texture melts into the skin, leaving an extraordinary velvety finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Flashpua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

First of all, i don't use this, my mom does. She ran out of it several weeks ago and yesterday she used it again after buying it the day before. I could notice an astonishing difference, she wasn't even wearing makeup, blush or anything and yet her face looked so soft, even, and line where nowhere to be seen. The complete Capture Totale line is the best purchase she's ever made, she looks like my sister :p. My dad uses the men's Dior line and works also perfectly for him. A liitle too expensive, but it's worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 8:12:00 AM More reviews by Lesa63

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very nice light weight serum- I was surprised how nice this prod is- I rec'd a sample with my purchase of my Capture Totale Foundation- and it really works! Under the capture totale cream and makeup- smoothed out my skin- reduced redness and plumped up and firmed my skin beautifully even gave it a glow. I do tend to get shiny even though I am normal skin and this did not cause any oil or shine- I am 47 yrs old and wanted something for firming & anti aging- I even purchased the eye cream and face cream- all very effective- a little goes along way so it will last.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 4:24:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

non-irritating, softly moisturizing. It was very ok and helped relieve tightness of skin after washing, but did it do anything magical? Not like my old chanel eclat originel. I used it for several days in a row from a sample. At the Dior price, I would not purchase the full size. There are other products that have worked better in the past. Still looking for a replacement for my discontinued Chanel. Felt very similar to a primer (silicone smoothness).