Almay Brow Defining Pencil

This is the best brow pencil I've used, hands down. Goes on smooth, with a thin tip so you can do light, feathery strokes. It looks very natural and lasts all day. I don't use a lot of it at a time--I just have a few thin spots in my brows--so one pencil lasts me a while. I would be very sad if this were discontinued!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I've been hunting a new eyebrow pencil to call my HG after Annabelle changed their formulation/pigment recently. I had been using Annabelle since I was 14 (now 26) so I am very disappointed to be stuck in a situation now where I cannot find anything as perfect for my brows. This product comes pretty close but unfortunately the color is off (to warm and reddish-I bought the dark blonde) andWhere I shop there seems to be only 2 shades of this-light and very very dark-nothing in between. I can tell it won't last as long because it's a twist pen, not a pencil I can sharpen.
I like the less waxy formulation of this product. It can give a very realistic result if only the color matched. It is on the drier side so a little more pressure is required to get a deep color. The staying power is pretty good and lasts most of the day if you are sure to follow up with a powder over top. The spooly is nice but I prefer my own brush in my set. The price seems cheap but in all reality $7.98 for such a tiny amount of product is pretty ridiculous. I am back on the hunt for something of better color and longevity.
All in all it is pretty great if it can match your brow color. It would work for thick or thin brows, full or sparse, and definitely to fill areas if required. So if you are lucky enough to find a match and don't mind running to the store and paying $6-$10 every week or two, this product might be for you. Otherwise avoid.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This Almay Brow Pencil in 801 is a total dupe of Mac Fling eye brow pencil and it only costs $6! I went and bought 3 of them because it is soo good and it will save me money on having to buy the mac one for awhile. Perfection!

just picked it up today and tried it out when I got home. super thin pencil, IMO a bit hard to grip, but this is a good brow pencil. I love how it is brown b/c I have dark semi-full brows, if that makes sense. it softens the look without being too light. packing comes with the wand detached, and crayon is twist up. product is easy to use and is pretty cheap, and I hope it never gets discontinued

This is one of the best drugstore brow pencil I have come across, easy, precise and matches my natural ashy brown brows. If used with small feathery strokes, your brows will look perfectly groomed without overpowering the rest of your face. I will definitely buy more backups of this stuff. Please Almay, don't discontinue this! ( I'm rarely impressed with brow products!, but this is my HG)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

In my opinion this pencil is an exact dupe for Maybelline Define a brow in Dark brown, The waxy texture is the same, the natural black brow color is the same also the price is the same. Hopefully Almay doesn't discontinue this product because I can't afford to spend 16 dollars on a Mac eyebrow pencil.

Definitely my fave brow product. The spooly on the end is amazing! It distributes the product very well. The pencil itself has a waxy consistency, so I have no need for brow gel afterward. It doesn't make my brows feel crunchy, but rather very natural. When you fill in your brows with this product, it gives the "I just got my eyebrows threaded" look. Absolutely flawless! Currently on my second pencil of this product, and I will continue to buy it until they discontinue it!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

LOVE this pencil and will continue to buy. This is just right in terms of color (brunette), twist up narrow and small pencil tip, and comes with a small spoolie. I am not sure but this seems to be a close dupe for Anastasia's pencil. I refuse to spend $20 on their pencil.

This is easy to use but a little soft so beware how hard you press. It always looks natural on me and never fake. I personally have yet to have it break on me like a few others stated and I have been using it daily for 4 months.

Great product for so cheap.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I like the look this eyebrow pencil gives me, got in brunette. The product breaks easily when applying. The spoolie always breaks off when in my make up bag (gone through 2 pencils) but I do like that it had a fine tip as I use the pencil to fill my brows rather than draw them on. I like that it's not too waxy compared to the revlon brow pencil.

I really like this stuff! This is my go to briw pencil when not using Macs Spiked. Goes on great and last all day. The brunette color could be a tad darker for my thick dark brown/ black brows but it does a great job! Best drug store brow pencil! Update: 9-8-15.... Been using this now for over a year and love it!! I use brunette # 802 and works just as well if not better than Mac! Many say my brows look awesome. I just bought my 5th one and plan on using it for a long long time! Try it out! I only buy a few drug store beauty items.... Mascara and this... The rest is all high end! This brow pencil is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!

Popular Brows Products