Nature's Gate Tone back the Clock Alcohol-Free Soothing Toner

3.8

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I found this on the cheap at TJ Maxx, wow this is a great alcohol free toner. I really liked this. It was not too drying, made my skin feel clean and moist. I actually love the glass bottle and the spray method. I like the botanical ingredients like the echineacha. I would definitely buy this again. Why spend more money when you don't have to??

on 7/4/2011 4:54:00 AM

I think this is a great gentle toner, it does the job and with a pleasant smell and feeling too!
I have very sensitive skin and must admit I was a little sceptical about some ingredients, echinacea etc., and worried they might be irritating, but they instead seem to have soothed my skin.
It's non-drying, effective and extremely pleasant to spray on!
Only drawback is that its not exactly travel friendly.
***
Review! This was too strong and irritating for my skin..and drying too! I think its the witch hazel.. packaging also irritated me as its tall, wobbly and made of glass - I dropped it of course :(

on 12/16/2010 2:10:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Im always on the lookout for a new toner because I just love them I think they are an important part of a daily beauty routine.
I love the fact that this does not contain alcohol and has many great ingredients, it is very refreshing and nowhere near drying, it is gentle effective and overall a very good toner. I love that it comes in a glass bottle as well. I will repurchase in a heartbeat.

on 12/6/2010 12:33:00 AM

Love love love the packaging of all their products. Even though it's rather heavy. I wouldn't suggest this toner for people looking for anti-aging stuff. I'm 18, but I have dry skin, and it seems only either vaseline or anti-aging stuff will leave my skin un-flaky. However, this toner stings my face sometimes, despite the claim of it being non-alcoholic. It IS refreshing though.

on 7/11/2009 10:47:00 PM

I love this line of products, except for this one. It made my skin look tight and dry. It seemed to make my pores look larger. My skin is normal to dry, though. It may just not work for drier skin.

I love this too. The smell was a turn-off at first, don't know why… a bit medicinal maybe? But after a week or so I was hooked, even on the smell! Love the spray dispenser (IMO all toners should come in this form, less waste and super fresh feeling on application). I agree with the other reviewer who said it toned down redness: it has done so as well for my moderately sensitive, early 40s dry skin, and helped even out my skin tone (I've been using this for about 6 months). Really optimizes application/absorption of my moisturizer, too. Now I find myself reaching for it whenever I'm in the bathroom, just for a quick spritz *over* my daily makeup!

on 2/1/2009 12:37:00 AM

wow, sorry to hear one reviewer had such bad results from this product. Everyone's different. I really love this toner and am so frustrated no nearby store carried it.

Maybe I'll buy it online.

This toner played a big part in reducing the dilated capillaries on my cheeks, thereby reducing the amount of concealer I have to use on them... and allowing me to finally wear blush again, after four years without!

I think it's the echinacea (cone flower) that does it. Love this toner.

Hate this piece of crap. I brought this hoping to replace my shishedo toner because it was cheaper, but in the end I guess you get what you pay for. A couple days after I started to use it I started getting three or four large pimples on my cheeks. At first I thought it was just me so I continued to use it. They then turned into cystic pimples. I haven't had a breakout in about a year, so now I'm stuck with scars an awful reminder of this product. On top of that it has awful oil control. I will definitely not buy again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is my new favorite toner. I love spray toners. For some reason they just feel more refreshing then putting the toner on with a cotton ball (though you could spray the cotton ball if you like it that way) The smell is very light and I just spray a few times after using the Natures gate cleanser in this line. Then I put on my moisturizer or my BP Gel. I love that its natural, non animal tested. and it you put it into Froogle youll find it much cheeper then in the stores. I think it goes for 20 bucks and I got mine for 12. A very nice addition to my beauty routine.