April 18, 2014 | 1814 users online

Cleansers - Nature's Gate - In the Beginning Gentle Cleansing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by anardana

I've tried many natural brand cleansers, and this one is my favourite. It is non-foaming, very gentle, but not so gentle that it doesn't cleanse. I still need a moisturizer with it. I have slightly oily skin and I find that this stuff cleanses well and doesn't break me out. It has a light, floral scent. I also like the glass bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This was $7.99 at TJ Maxx, so I gave it a shot. Overall very pleased! Not overpoweringly scented, and it's creamy and mostly efficient . Perhaps unfairly I compare it to my HG cleanser--Pauls's Choice Recovery Skin Cleanser, which melts off my (non-waterproof ) eye makeup like a dream. This cleanser takes a little more work, particularly with mascara. I like the precision of the pump, and the frosted glass container is quite lovely. A nice find.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by killerbees62

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face wash! It's very light and creamy and makes my skin feel soft and refreshed. It has a very faint fragrance, kind of like cucumber and lotion. I find that you have to press the pump a bit to get something out, but i still really like it and use it often. I got it at Winners, under $10. I also really like the Oh What a Night lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 12:30:00 AM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I liked this cleanser but it is not that great for oily skin. it can get ride of all make up and oil but i dont feel like it can remove heavy heavy make up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by usernameusername

I found this at Marshall's and didn't even know that Nature's Gate had this advanced line. It was $10CAD and worth every cent! I also bought it at Winner's for $10.
I use it in the morning and it leaves my skin soft and primed.
Best of all, the ingredients are free of nasty stuff and vegan!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by antii

I absolutely LOVE the packaging of this product!!!! It looks so elegant and makes me look forward to washing my face with it every morning and night!! The lotion itself is very gentle and softening without stripping my face or drying it out. The texture of it is silky which, after washing it off, leaves my skin feeling supple, nourished and soft. I got this product for half price so it was very cheap for me!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by nataliedasilva

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this product!
I am switching all of my beauty products to products by companies that do not test on animals and decided to try this for that reason and based on reviews I read.
Overall the product works great! I use it to take off my makeup and then use a toning cleanser to finish the job. It feels really nice, smells great and hasn't irritated my skin in the least.
Packaging is really nice, it's a pump, a little goes a long way and the bottle is so pretty it looks nice in the bathroom.
Price was fantastic! I paid 9.99 at Winners in Toronto. Can't beat that!!
I will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 11:08:00 AM More reviews by jordandean

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this originally as a stop gap measure while I waited for my Aveda sensitive skin cleanser to reformulated. I loved the look of the bottle and paid $6 on sale at Marshall's. I have really come to love it and have decided no need to wait to try Aveda's new skincare line because I doubt it will work any better than this and will obviously be way more expensive. This cleans off makeup beautifully. I rarely even need to use makeup remover on my eye makeup unless I have used more than my normal amount of product. This rinses clean and leaves my skin fully moisturized but clean. It does not leave a greasy feel as some cream cleansers can do. It also does not leave my skin feeling tight. I do use a dab of moisturizer but honestly could probably skip that step. I do also use their toner. For reference I have combination skin.

I went this weekend after using it for 30 days and picked up two more bottles at $6 each! It does have a short pump and as other posters say you need to use 4-6 pumps to get enough to clean your whole face. I don't find that that bothers me. The bottle is a lovely curved frosted glass. Not great for traveling as it is heavy but I simply decant a small amount into a travel tub. I love the smell, I think it is rose, and don't find the smell overwhelming.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by MsMe

I bought this product at the local Winners store in downtown Toronto for $12 CAD. Overall, it is a great makeup remover. The lotion melts the makeup and oils from my face without effort. I follow with my regular Avene cleanser and mositurizer to seal the deal. I love the glass pump and the smell is mild but pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2010 More reviews by paisleygirl

I LOVE this cleanser.

I have fair sensitive skin and my facewash with salicyclic was really tearing my face up. This cleans my face better than the other harsh acne products without the scary ingredients. I had on very tough water proof mascara and a full face of make up. This took it all off very easily...literally with no effort. It doesn't foam up and feels like a moisturizer when you put it on...which is different, but I actually like it.

I have been using it for about 2 weeks. I use it in conjunction with the C For Yourself serum and my skin looks and feels amazing! I will definitely buy this again.