July 31, 2014 | 1961 users online

Candles - Voluspa Candles (All)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Gorgeously packaged, heavenly scented and sky-high priced candles and home fragrance products. Elegant and suitable for gift giving - or treating yourself. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by taibug27

These are my favorite candles, so it pains me a little to not give them a 5 out of 5. They certainly bring me a lot of pleasure, and I have been buying them for years now. My favorite is probably the French Bourbon Vanille, but I have tried a good chunk of the entire collection. In fact, as I type I've got the Macaron one from the Maison Blanc collection flickering next to me on my desk, and it smells like a more sophisticated version of the candied almond carts in New York City - can you imagine a better smell on a cold, rainy day? I love them because the fragrances are nuanced, sophisticated and always "just right." Every time someone walks into my office the first thing they comment on is how nice it smells, and yet, it's not an obnoxious smell that pervades the hallway and bothers my co-workers. I'm quite sensitive to smells myself, and the last thing I want to do is drive other people nuts with what I'm burning. Also, the packaging is gorgeous. If you want the biggest smell - at home, for example - go for the three-wick tins. If you want a more localized smell, like I want for my office, go for the double or single wick options, which come in a really lovely variety of containers. When the candle burns out, pour hot water in them and discard the wax, and you've got a gorgeous container for your vanity, desk, whatever. (Don't dump the wax down the sink.) Now, the reason I haven't given them a 5 out of 5 is that as lovely as these smell, they don't provide the instant gratification I want. I realize that sometimes it takes an hour or so for smell to develop, for the wax to melt, and that's fine. But with a good portion of these candles, the true smell doesn't manifest until the third or fourth burning - after which, they smell great before you even light them, and everything is so lovely it makes it almost worth the wait. Almost. Bu these are just way too expensive to have to burn through a quarter of the candle to get to the good stuff.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love voluspa candles. They fill the room with the most amazing scent. My favorites are Baltic Amber, Elysian Gardens, and Mokaron. They might seem expensive but they last a long time and always smell glorious, and luxurious.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by muskymusky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought 3 japonica collections: Huckleberry, Baltic Amber, and Tarroco Orange. The last one is the most scented one when it's not burnt. But it takes a long time to scent a small 30 m2 room, around 2-3 hours. I heard that coconut wax can hold a higher percentage of perfume compared to soy wax, but I wonder whether the producer did take this advantage to fill it with more perfume? About smelling the unburnt candles, I have smelled other brands that smells a lot more when unburnt. However, I like the packaging of Voluspa, but only the Japonica series: the relief transparent glass and I also love the carton box. I don't really fancy the other packaging series. I smelled another Voluspa in the shop "Pink Lemon" or something like that, and I liked it on the first sniff, but I didn't like the packaging so I didn't buy. The packaging of the Japonica series is maybe the best one I've seen among other brands of scented candles.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I love Voluspa candles. They are gorgeously scented, burn well and have very attractive containers that look amazing on display. They smell lovely when burning, but are scented enough that they will lightly scent a room when unlit. I have been purchasing these for years, and will continue to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Ellenmarieb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Beautiful scent, beautiful, resusable ceramic container. These candles are so scented that they fill the room with scent even when not burning. My favorite is Santiago Huckleberry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 2:04:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Voluspa 'maison blanc' collection in pink citron. The containers cute, it smells good-like pink grapefruit-when it's not burning. Burning though it smells like either nothing or downright bad. My bf came into my room the other day asking what smelled like plastic. Pretty sure it was this candle.
EDIT: okay so I've now tried out the voluspa candles in olive leaf, and lichen, and I'm officially a fan. These are nicer scents and the throw is great. I guess the scents are hit or miss, but I'm really happy with these two. I have the larger size olive leaf one (with two wicks), and it scents my room quickly, and it lasts for a while after the candle is blown out. These are now a must have for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/18/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Cherie01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I disagree..I think the wick smokes terribly. So much so that I would never consider buying again. Also, I think these candles have a slight chemical smell..which I believe is the wick. They are pretty to look at and the wax itself is good. I've only used the tin versions, so maybe the glass is better. I'm moving away from candles anyway. Oils and diffusers are much nicer.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/24/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by SwedishGirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

First of all i LOVE candles. Always buy new ones. Sooo As dumb as i can bee i believed the Swedish hype on these horrid lousy candles. I bought 'pink fatale' in a black tincan (4travelling). Almost NO scent at ALL!! Had to push my nose into the fire to get the slightest wiff of scent. And why a black tin??? I WANT TO SEE the candle and the light. WORST candle bought ever!!! AND THE PRICE4this worst candle bought was over $70 in Sweden....LITTLE UPSETTING... Yes.. Grrr :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by rljp

I love these candles. The wax melts slowly and the wick does not smoke very much. They last a long time, the perfume is concentrated in the wax and it permeates the room lovely. The candles are pretty and have a wonderful design, overall I recommend all of the different varieties of these candles.