July 24, 2014 | 1977 users online

Sunscreen - Aveeno - Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion - SPF 45

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by pensopera

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aveeno Active Naturals Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion spf 45 (4 fl oz/112 g and $11.99 usd) is a fast absorbing, water-proof and non-greasy body sunscreen. The product is light-weight and is easy to spread across the body without a thick or sticky texture. Also, it absorbs through the skin quite fast without tackiness like how many sunblocks were 10 years ago. This has a light soy scent but I like the softness of the smell, which I find is invigorating. The package is a medium side flip cap container which is small enough to carry around in a purse or bag for reapplication. Now, it is harder to this sunblock in a drugstore and at Walmart. If you want a thin, water-proof and fast-absorbing sunblock, than you might want to check Aveeno Protection Sunblock Lotion out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2010 6:45:00 PM More reviews by bwong050

I did not find this product to be bad. I enjoy it better than other sunscreens. It moisturizes my skin while wearign it or at lease keeps my skins moisture in. Overall not bad, an dnot sticky like other sunscreens!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/25/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by CaraLi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got this product awhile ago so I don't remember the price but, knowing Aveeno products, it is probably on the higher end of the drugstore price spectrum. Sun protection is excellent I slabbed some on for the first time before an entire day at the zoo for a biology trip, I had no hat or sunglasses on and I did not burn or get noticeably darker which is a plus for me. However when I got home after 10+ hours of wearing this sunscreen, my face that was fairly clear beforehand, became pimple city. I was horrified ! There were little bumps everywhere, the area around my nose and on my actual nose had huge blackheads everywhere ! Perhaps it is because it was my first time trying this product which may have been a shock to my skin... Packaging is not that great either, the formula would often have a pure oil separation that comes out of the tube apart from the actual sunscreen, I often have to vigorously shake the bottle in order to eliminate the oil. All in all great scent, applies sort of thick, leaves skin significantly oily, superb sun protection, might cause breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Dagne7

This is a nice sunblock that isn't too oily and doesn't leave a white cast. It doesn't break me out and stays closed in my bad that I throw around everywhere. I just prefer other sunscreens, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2008 1:07:00 PM More reviews by ng76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff smells like your average sunscreen; strong. It hasn't made my skin break out yet (I only use this from the neck down), which is something that rarely happens. It rubs in fast and doesn't make my skin look shiny.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by DinahT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this stuff is not bad, but a bit thicker of a consistency than i prefer. minimal to no breaking out after slathering the stuff on day after day, and it is effective at blocking the sun. definitely better than the cream options by neutrogena and no-ad, so if you like cream sunscreens, i would give this a shot.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/5/2007 12:59:00 PM More reviews by baharh

I used the spf 55 on my face last week while in florida. I did not burn and while it felt a bit heavy on, i did not mind it until i reapplied after coming out of the water and drying off. It really stung bad. Sadly like every other Aveeno product i have tried, it will find its way to the waste basket. Aveeno products are also over priced in comparison to their ingredients and performance.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2006 11:05:00 AM More reviews by tracita

HG for me! Doesn't irritate going on, doesn't drip into my eyes and sting, doesn't break out my combo skin...it's fab! I like the light scent, and the creamy consistency. It does feel a little heavy going on but blends in well and leaves my skin glowy. Most importantly, I do not get burned when using this. I make sure to reapply if I'm out in the sun for a length of time. The price is right, and I most certainly will be re-purchasing this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2006 4:48:00 PM More reviews by fairylis

While this is perfectly fine to use on the body, it is way too thick for the face if you have oily skin like mines. Goes on thick but does absorb nicely after a few minutes. Makes my skin oily throughout the day. At least it doesn't sting my eyes. Gives my face this nice glow. Edited 9/26/06: it stings my eyes! will use for body only.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by chapstickaddict

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went to Phoenix, AZ last week, in 100+ degree weather with a 10+ UVA index every day. Stopped at the drugstore to pick up a higher SPF sunblock than I brought with me (I only brought 30) and this stuff was on sale. I had been meaning to try it anyway, since I walk alot in NYC in the summer, where I live, and want something to wear as a daily sunscreen on my chest, arms & shoulders.

I really like this product! I generally do not like sunblocks. I like Vichy and La Roche-Posay for my face, but they are not in my price range at the moment! I did not try this on my face, and I probably won;t because I use Retin-A and my facial skin is extremely sensitve.

I am very fair skinned, with some sun damage from years of baking in tanning beds in my early 20's. I have been vigilant with sun protection for the last 5 years, and it's made a huge difference in my skin texture and appearance. After a week in sunny AZ, the only telltale sign that I was even there at all is if you take off my wach, upon microscopic inspection, a super-faint watch line is there. But - no burn, no tan, nothing! No irritation! No stinky scent, more of a clean scent. Not sticky. Will buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No