Philosophy razor sharp

on 7/19/2006 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

When Philosophy went to name this product, they got it's properties right on the dot. It will leave your razor sharp - sharp enough to really irritate your skin and convince you to convert to waxing because it would hurt less. Maybe razor sharp isn't quite that bad, but I can't stand this stuff. ANY shave gel is better - this doesn't moisturize, it doesn't make it easier to shave; it just gums up your razor and makes your skin hurt. My advice: don't buy it if you're a girl.

on 11/11/2005 9:24:00 AM

I haven't used this myself, but the hubby loves it! He's got fairly thick and fast-growing facial hair, and says this stuff gives him the closest shave he's ever had. Now he doesn't even use the nice shaving brush set I got him last Christmas! :(

on 8/3/2005 9:42:00 AM

Another useless product by Philosophy. It does not give me a closer shave, irritates my skin and leaves a bathtub ring. How great is that?

on 7/6/2005 12:30:00 PM

Compared to the Gilette Satin care products, I must tell you that this is so much smoother. You only need a little to get great shaving results. It's definitely an extra-close shave.... as they say on the bottle.
My boyfriend has tried it and he loves it as well. (surprisingly.. I must say, because he's very critical when it comes to shaving products)

But there is one downside of this product.This gel can leave both your hands and bathroomfloor very slippery. So be aware !

on 3/26/2005 7:56:00 PM

I've only recently discovered Philosophy products. Yes, they're pricey, but sometimes that means you get what you pay for. I've been buying the other shave gels -- those ones that squirt out gel and foam up when they're rubbed over your skin. They're okay for legs, but I tend to get razor burn on the more sensitive areas (underarms and eh, "elsewhere") from them. I read a few reviews about Philosophy's Razor Sharp and thought I'd give it a try,

Unlike the other shave gels, this stuff will not stick to your fingers when you squirt some out of the bottle. It's a runnier formula--about the consistency of sunscreen--but I shave in the tub or at the sink most of the time, so that's no issue for me. I wouldn't recommend using this with the shower running because you'd probably lose half of it down the drain.

Yes, it's pricey ($18 a bottle) but in comparison, you don't need to use nearly as much product for the job with Philosophy's Razor Sharp than those other shave gels. This stuff spreads out smoothly. I don't know what most of the stuff is that it's made with, but I have NEVER gotten such a close, smooth shave using any other product. And the bonus is no red, irritating bumps on my underarms (or anywhere else) afterward! And my skin is really smooth to the touch.

Bottom line: I've used all the other shave gels, including the ones who advertise they are specially for sensitive areas. None has come close to Philosophy's Razor Sharp for a smooth close shave without any (I mean ANY) irritation afterward. And for that, I'll pay the extra $$$.

on 3/10/2004 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am writing this on behalf of my boyfriend. He hated this shaving cream. His favorite is Kiehls.

on 2/7/2002 11:47:00 PM

I have tried many different shaving products, including Kiehl's, Heavy Duty, as well as the average drug store fodder, but "razor sharp" is the only shaving product that is: 1) gel based, 2) not offensively menthol, 3) moist enough to prevent razor burn and nicks. In sum, it is the perfect men's shaving gel. It smells good, too!

This is written by laurenp's boyfriend peteb.

Popular Men's Products