October 24, 2014 | 1705 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Make up remover towelettes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 9/2/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by apowerfulbeat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not a makeup remover wipe kind of person (I typically remove my makeup with cleansing oil) but I wanted something quick and mess-free that I could keep in my bag to use to remove my makeup for the gym. For the most part, these towelettes did remove my makeup (save for a bit of stubborn mascara/eyeliner from under my eyes, which I had to go over two or three times to really remove) but I do not recommend these if you have sensitive eyes. I do not and these still made my eyes sting horribly. I mean, I had tears rolling down my cheeks, that's how terrible they were. I ever had to check the package to make sure they were safe for eyes, and apparently, they are.

They also made my face feel sticky (I always rinsed my face afterwards) and I didn't like the perfume-y smell. They're also not as wet as I'd hope they'd be.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by hollzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Removed makeup well, however stung my eyes for about 30 seconds after use. I've used the eye makeup removers in the purple oil-free packaging since I started using mascara at age 13. Now I'm 25 and still love those eye makeup removers, so I got excited when I saw the face wipes. I don't understand why the face wipes would sting the eyes when the eye makeup remover pads do not. Disappointing. Will use up the pack but not repurchase. Plus the scent is not good- try the PONDS wipes- truly HG especially the purple soothing ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 9:37:00 PM More reviews by FayeLawliet21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These are my favorite make-up removing wipes. I don't know what's up with all the bad reviews, I find that all the other wipes on the market are either too oily or too damn dry to wipe anything off. These are perfect. <3

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 2:42:00 AM More reviews by sarah_417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

PURPLE PACKAGE product review: (I think they may have re-worked this product?)

I have very sensitive skin. I think they are quite gentle, and I haven't noticed any dryness or reactions from them. I always rinse my face after using. (they say you don't, but I still do)

Overall I am satisfied with these. (I did pick them up for under a dollar with a coupon) In comparison to the maybelline towelettes, these are much less saturated with product. Although they are a bit dryer, they remove my makeup fully.
I do think the maybelline wipes leave more of a film on your skin, and I do not feel that what I use these. My face feels clean, soft, and not dried out after use.

On a full face, heavy application day, I will grab my maybelline wipes, but for everyday face makeup, this work really nice for me. Mascara comes right off, even with only a couple of swipes. (big plus, because I hate rubbing my eyes over and over to remove makeup)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Neutrogenalover1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I literally just used this product about five minutes ago to remove my foundation and "it felt like I was being slapped in the face with fire"- Bethany Mota. It removed the foundation but it burned my face and I have no sun burns or open wounds on my face and my skin isn't even sensitive.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The purple package is the newest package they come in. They actually work really good. The smell is a bit strange. I don't know. I'm on the fence about these, the Neutrogena ones were horrible (smell wise) gag. These ones are kinda strange smelling, not bad, but not very pleasant. It smells a little like plastic. My eyes are very sensitive and they irritate them. I'll come back in a couple of days and add more to this review if it changes. I really did like the Neutrogena ones and they didn't irritate me at all, just that awful smell. Since they don't seem to be that eye friendly to me, I think I'm going to try something else. It isn't a burn, but it definitely is irritation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought these on a whim and will not be repurchasing. Don't be fooled by the calming lavender package with the little picture of cooling aloe. These wipes are not good for sensitive types in spite of the fragrance free and hypoallergenic claims. They burned my face and my eyes, rendering them useless for anything but freshening my hands or removing makeup swatches.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed with these at all. Huggies wipes work way better, and they were designed to clean up babies. These towelettes are expensive ($6.49 for 25 at CVS), and they don't really work unless I add liquid remover to them, which sort of defeats the purpose. I may as well just use cotton balls. I gave them a shot since they were on sale this week and I had a coupon (BOGO 1/2 off, plus $4 off at CVS). In the future I'll stick to Huggies wipes which are a way better deal ($2 for 72 at Target), and I don't have to add anything to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of make-up remover wipes/towelettes and they're all about the same. I hated Biore, they dried out quickly, smelled just ok, and kinda scratched my face. These on the other hand, are simply wonderful! My mother gave them to me, but they're about $5 for 25 wipes. Despite the typical packaging, they stay very moist which I love. Also, it's not some small flimsy wipe, it's slightly bigger than I'm used to, and stronger too. They soothe and refresh my skin and manage to remove most of my makeup (I always wash my face after for a deep clean). They do not irritate my skin or sting my eyes. The smell is light and pleasant. These will be my go to wipes from now on, love them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using these to remove my makeup for a while. They do the job quite well and I don't have the problem with the stinging. I really do think it removes most of my full coverage makeup and it hasn't irritated my skin. Whenever I am in a pinch I just grab on of these towelettes and I'm quite happy with it compared to the Neutrogena ones I used to use. Definitely will repurchase these when I run out.