April 18, 2014 | 752 users online

Cleansers - Almay - Make up remover towelettes

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The purple package is the newest package they come in. They actually work really good. The smell is a bit strange. I don't know. I'm on the fence about these, the Neutrogena ones were horrible (smell wise) gag. These ones are kinda strange smelling, not bad, but not very pleasant. It smells a little like plastic. My eyes are very sensitive and they irritate them. I'll come back in a couple of days and add more to this review if it changes. I really did like the Neutrogena ones and they didn't irritate me at all, just that awful smell. Since they don't seem to be that eye friendly to me, I think I'm going to try something else. It isn't a burn, but it definitely is irritation.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by brandysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought these on a whim and will not be repurchasing. Don't be fooled by the calming lavender package with the little picture of cooling aloe. These wipes are not good for sensitive types in spite of the fragrance free and hypoallergenic claims. They burned my face and my eyes, rendering them useless for anything but freshening my hands or removing makeup swatches.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Not impressed with these at all. Huggies wipes work way better, and they were designed to clean up babies. These towelettes are expensive ($6.49 for 25 at CVS), and they don't really work unless I add liquid remover to them, which sort of defeats the purpose. I may as well just use cotton balls. I gave them a shot since they were on sale this week and I had a coupon (BOGO 1/2 off, plus $4 off at CVS). In the future I'll stick to Huggies wipes which are a way better deal ($2 for 72 at Target), and I don't have to add anything to them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've tried a lot of make-up remover wipes/towelettes and they're all about the same. I hated Biore, they dried out quickly, smelled just ok, and kinda scratched my face. These on the other hand, are simply wonderful! My mother gave them to me, but they're about $5 for 25 wipes. Despite the typical packaging, they stay very moist which I love. Also, it's not some small flimsy wipe, it's slightly bigger than I'm used to, and stronger too. They soothe and refresh my skin and manage to remove most of my makeup (I always wash my face after for a deep clean). They do not irritate my skin or sting my eyes. The smell is light and pleasant. These will be my go to wipes from now on, love them.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by linh989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using these to remove my makeup for a while. They do the job quite well and I don't have the problem with the stinging. I really do think it removes most of my full coverage makeup and it hasn't irritated my skin. Whenever I am in a pinch I just grab on of these towelettes and I'm quite happy with it compared to the Neutrogena ones I used to use. Definitely will repurchase these when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2012 3:31:00 PM More reviews by katiekatmeow

MY EYES! THEY BURN! It is so painful.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought these two days ago to remove Revlon Colorstay foundation. My skin is sensitized due to Retin-A, so I try to use gentle products. These seemed like a good choice, but can sting a little. They remove makeup well, so I'll use them in a pinch.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Lyric311

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have tried many cleansing cloths and these are the only ones that made my face STING and my eyes BURN like hell.
The cloths are abrasive in addition to the irritating fragrance/chemicals.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought these as I was out of my lovely Proactiv make up removing cloths and in Canada they cost $10 more than in US. So I got Almay as they do not contain parabens, sulfates and fragrance (all others I checked (Korres, Quo, Yes To) do conatin these ingredients).
I do not care about smell - I mean, its a plus that there is no fragrance. The scent is not bad actually, pretty neutral.
The packaging - nice color but the lid could be better.
Product - really soft. I do not use them to remove make-up, so I do not know how good they are at that. I use Ponds cream to remove make up and then these Almay towlettes (half only) to remove the greesiness from Ponds and the foundation thats left. Sometimes I use them in mornings, they seems really soft and nice.
The only thing - I do not like to use them close to my eyes as my eye area is pretty sensitive and these towelettes can irritate a little.
I am not sure if I will buy these again, as they are expensive - 10 CAD.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2011 3:45:00 PM More reviews by purplesoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

These make up remover towelettes sting my skin, don't get all my mascara off, and are so saturated with product that I actually have to dab off excess liquid with a tissue while I'm taking my make up off, or else it gets in my eyes (which, by the way, really, REALLY hurts.) Also, the packaging seal is so terrible that it's impossible to keep this from drying out unless you store it upside down. I will probably use this up, because it at least gets my foundation off, but I will not be repurchasing.