August 28, 2014 | 1755 users online

Liquid - Sonia Kashuk - Perfecting Liquid Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by theonewiththeeyes

I have not used a lot of foundations before, but this one is by far my favorite. On my skin I don't even need to use a brush. I shake mine up every time I use it so it isn't thick. I use the lightest shade which is still kinda dark for fair skinned people, but great on me. It doesn't last extremely long, but it gets me through a school day so that's all I really need. Overall, I really like it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2013 7:46:00 PM More reviews by asianluvsdogsnmakeup

Acne Prone Skin, WATCH OUT! After doing lots of research about this foundation, I decided to buy this Sonia Kashuk foundation due to the good reviews here, other websites and YouTube videos. First my local Target didn't have any samples so I had to guess which shade I am. I bought shade 04 Buffed but found it very orange on me. I am a middle shaded Asian and yet this shade is too orange. I found it cakey when it was first applied but after apply loose powder to set it, it got better. It gives light to medium coverage and it lasts about 4 hours before I need to blog. It feels very heavy on the skin though. The worst thing, it broke me out after only 3 days of use. It looks like I am having some sort of allergic reaction to the foundation. Red patches, red dots and little acne started to appear on the cheeks and chin. If you have dry / normal skin, this foundation would be great for you. I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by julieejuicee

I've been applying my makeup near a window lately so I can see what it looks like in natural light and OMG i've been using a color that's wayyyy off! Way too pink, and didn't match my skin color at all. I'm a medium dark Asian and I always knew I was yellow toned, but didn't really put that into account when looking for a foundation. I just bought whatever looked tan enough lol. Sooo, I researched and saw that this foundation was yellow toned and was a good price range for me. I tried Bamboo, and it fit my skin tone perfectly! It's light-medium coverage, depending on how many layers you put on. It has more of a dewy finish, but I use a mattifier underneath since i'm a little oily, but it still looks very natural and doesn't look like i'm wearing a heavy layer of makeup. I have quite a few dark spots on my face from acne and this doesn't cover it up much, but I use concealer for that so it's ok. This is very nice for evening out my skin tone though. It feels nice and light, not thick. There is a scent, but I don't mind it. I like this foundation a lot! Glad I found it. Finally something that matches my face :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by hank71

I have tried every foundation out there. High end and grocery store , this is surprisingly one of the best. It has great staying power , nice coverage, and is a great color for me ! I use Buff. It is a liile hard to apply because it is thick. A brush works the best. Color match may be hard for some people because I believe there are only 5 colors. It is definitely worth checking out to see if you can find a color match. My skin is normal to dry, leaves a great finish. Not too dewy or matt. I would give it a 5 overall if it weren't for the limited color selection.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by Suasoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this, and only this, for years now and it's better than others that are double or triple the price. I'm not the first to say it but most cheap foundations are just too pink/peach. The "vanilla" shade is perfect for my fair but olive skintone - the best color match I've found.

This goes on smoothly, isn't too heavy or mask-like, doesn't smell like a chemical soup, not too dry, not too greasy, blends well...it's just right. (The tinted moisturizer is pretty good too.)

Recently the packaging has been changed from a pump bottle that was nice to look at to a pump/tube hybrid that isn't as sleek but works about as well. The main difference is now I can't see how much is left in the container. I'm not in love with the pump style. I think it's difficult to get just the right amount. So, only 3 lippies on the packaging.

I am also told that SK does not test products on animals, which is a huge plus in my book.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 7:34:00 PM More reviews by kellicandi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i have very fair skin and the lightest shade makes me look like i'm wearing a white mask. the product is thick, so you get heavy coverage, and it goes on smooth and doesn't dry fast. it makes my skin flawless; i have tried other expensive dept. store brands and this one comes close, if not better, than what the expensive brands do. i like how perfect it makes my skin appear but wish it was a slightly lighter formula. you don't need a concealer with this either - it really covers well. the pump is terrible and i wish it was packaged differently

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2010 4:05:00 PM More reviews by xSelena

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at target in the clearance section for under $3 I believe. It's light to medium coverage but is buildable, it has a yellow undertone which is perfect for my asian skin! I have this in camel and is a great match for me during the fall/winter season. Wearing it alone wasn't such a smart idea, it doesn't last VERY long, but recently I wore it over a primer and set with powder and it last from 8am-7pm! Amazing! I did have to blot a couple times around my forehead and the side if my nose but considering I have oily/combination skin it wasn't too bad. It was a very natural finish, kind of dewy but after putting powder over it, it was matte enough for me(: I really do like foundation however I developed 2 new pimples after wearing it :( but my skin is sensitive and acne proned. Maybe if I didn't wear it for over 10+ hours it would be better, in all I do still like the product and would repurchase if I could find it again.

-------------------------------------EDIT-----------------------------------------

Okay, so at first I really loved this foundation but it's basically gone downhill since. It doesn't hold up well even in the winter, imagine how awful it would be for the summer time. Ughh. I was really hoping this would work for me but I guess i jumped the gun too early on this one. Not recommended. The only thing that stayed consistent was blendability, which was a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by kitten41

I have been in search of my HG foundation for years..I try EVERYTHING!! I am 47 minimal signs of aging fair skin, so I prefer a foundation a little on the dewy side with med coverage and yellow undertones. This fits the bill the best so far...and the price is def affordable. I like the consistency, and the dispenser packaging. This foundation is rated quite highly in "Don't Go to The Cosmetics Counter without me" . I always check with them for the specifics like SPF, ingredients etc...then come here and check out the reviews. So over all...I recommended this, but NOT for younger women with oily T-zones.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by xoxotoe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i'm disappointed with the container design of this. the formula itself is thick, full coverage, with a dewy finish and matches or blends with my skintone. you can get a shade lighter or darker and it should blend pretty good, so there's no real freakish mistakes of buying the wrong shade. this is my 2nd bottle. the first one i had no problems with, but this second one! ugh! the pump is awkward, doesn't pump all the way, sometimes pumps too much and you get a huge glob of product all over the place. and then just recently, the pump stopped working altogether and i have to unscrew it and spread it on my sponge with the pump hose thing. MESSY. my bottle now is covered in sticky foundation. bah. i would buy again only in a pinch, because i know what shade to get, if i needed one in a hurry.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by lang90

I saw this on sale at target and decided to try it out. However, it made my already very oily face SUPER oily. I didnt like that it seemed to rub right off either. I ended up using it about 3 times because it accentuated my pimples. The coverage was ok but perhaps all my problems are because my skin is sooo oily. This just didnt work for me.