July 25, 2014 | 1871 users online

Blush - Maybelline - Cool Effects Blush

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 12:20:00 AM More reviews by ckgurl714

I love this! I don't know why the rating isn't higher. It's very easy to spread and very natural looking. When I wear this (I have the light pink color...the name escapes me now), I feel like I'm glowing. I like the packaging, although I have spilled it. I literally use one dot of this for each use, so it will probably last forever. I wouldn't really consider this a blush, but it is my favorite liquid highlighter I have found thus far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 7:40:00 AM More reviews by Scarlettfish

This is my favourite blush. Easy to use, cute packaging, and gives a lovely shimmer. Especially nice for the evening when you want to add a bit of shimmer without going OTT or glittery. Lovely colours, too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2005 5:58:00 AM More reviews by Jadetive

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in pretty cool pink. It's very shimmery, with almost no pigment.

UPDATE: I find the texture to be really easy to spread. Not like gel blushers where you have to work really fast to blend the thing in before it sets. The shimmer is quite even, which makes this really really good for one purpose - highlighting, especially at night.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2005 10:24:00 PM More reviews by meltywarhol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I swapped for this blush in Brrr Bronze, and it's a nice warm bronze color, but it's hard to apply compared to other liquid and cream blushes, and it's WAY too shimmery to wear under any bright light, the sun, for example. Maybe if I wanted a "disco blush" this would be cool, but if I'm doing that I'll go all out and use some crazy glitter. The shimmer actually emphasizes the pores on my cheeks--not good. It goes on pretty sheer, so I have to use a lot to get the desired amount of color, and it blends pretty well until I try to blend it up to my temple and into my hairline, where it kind of gunks up in the peach fuzz on my face and makes me look like I'm growing sideburns. :0 For a smiliar color with a more wearable shimmer I'd recommend Rimmel Color to go Cream Blush in "Moped Magic" (cheesy name, but cheap and quite nice) or Lancome Blush Subtil in Bronze Glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2004 4:45:00 AM More reviews by akane

Awesoome blush! The packaging is cute too - like a nail polish. I got mine from KMart in Frozen Daquiri. This is a very soft pretty shimmery pink. This is similar to Nars Orgasm.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2004 12:42:00 AM More reviews by assidrain420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i am so upset this discontinued this...i bought this on sale for .81 cents each, i got 6!!!

i use them every day, even when i am having a "lazy day" and am not putting any make up on, they make my skin look healthy and shimmery!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 11:09:00 AM More reviews by PrettyPinkPrincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is pretty cool! I got it in Pretty Cool Pink and it looks real pretty on me! It's dewy and sorta shimmery. The way you apply it is a little odd though.. It took me awhile to master it. (im a blonde. im slow. lol)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2004 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Libbycam

Maybelline's Cool Effects Blush is a shimmery liquid-to-powder blush packaged in a nailpolish shaped bottle with a brush for application. I find the application easy; you just have to work quickly. Swipe the liquid brush over your cheeks and blend/pat with fingers. Any extra? Pat and blend on forehead/temples. I always draw a little down my nose to finish. Pretty Cool Pink and Frozen Daquiri are soft, feminine highlighting shimmers. Sadly, these have been discontinued. >^,,^<

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2004 1:00:00 AM More reviews by r1ssah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I got this in Cool pink because the effect is just like NARS Orgasm, but this one's the liquid version =) at first i had a hard time applying it because it's like a nail polish that you have to swipe off the brush or you'll end up having it allover your face. It makes my cheek look shimmery pink which i like because it hi-lights my cheekbones. Would definitely try it again. But in another color, maybe something darker. So it can use as my blush and hilighter in one. The color is great for night because it makes my skin look like it's glowing! definitely a great buy for me. Becuase it's cheap too! ;-) try it girls!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 12:18:00 AM More reviews by MirandaRawson

This is a pretty nice blush, I have it in Pretty Cool Pink. Definitely interesting, I haven't seen blush bottled like this before! I like the cooling effect, and the color is very pretty. I might buy this again, but maybe I'll check out a different color!