August 21, 2014 | 2137 users online

Fragrances - Yves Rocher - Desir de Nature

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:45:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is nice green floral with a predominant note of Lily of the Valley (Muguet). It is uniquely green additions of mint, juniper and oakmoss make it special, and to be, wearable because I don't normally like predominant Lily of the Valley scents. It smells fresh and outdoorsy; it's floral but again, very GREEN. If you don't like green scents, you won't like this one.
The juniper adds a strange fizzy-cleaner type note in the beginning which is a little odd, but it wears down nicely. Oakmoss is very present. I don't detect much mandarin. Nice packaging which gives away the green nature of this scent. Here is the description and notes:

"Desir de Nature was launched in 1994. Top notes are mandarin orange and mint; middle note is lily-of-the-valley; base notes are juniper and oakmoss. "

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 4:51:00 PM More reviews by XGrush

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This may sound strange, but after you first put it on, Desir de Nature smells like Clinique Aromatics Elixir does after a few hours of wear! So sort of a very faded Clinique AE. Only Clinique AE is MUCH more longer-lasting and progresses so well throughout the day. Desir is overall quite nice, but not something I'd buy again. A little too simple and almost cheap-smelling. There's a strong alcohol underbase that never quite goes away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My all time favorite perfume is L'air Du Temps, because it's rather pricey, I only wear it on special occasions. My every day perfume is Wind Song, which I love and it was my Grandmother's favorite as well. I started wearing it in High School. I just love florals that are soft and smell clean. Most floral fragarances will either make me sneeze, or are mixed with something fruity which I don't care for.
So if you like L'air Du Temps or Wind Song, I'm sure you will like this. It's a pretty close dupe for L'air Du Temps.
I was introduced to this scent when I placed an order for Riche Creme eye cream and I was sent a bunch of full size freebies, that included the shower gel of this scent and I loved it. I saw they had a perfume, but it was out of stock. I continue to get emails from Yves Roche and when I was browsing their site I saw the perfume was available, and best of all it was only $15.00, so I purchased two bottles. I see that it is again out of stock, so I'm glad I got two.
My only gripe is this scent does not last very long. I purchased the lotion as well, so even when I layer it on top of the lotion it lasts maybe an hour. The lotion, BTW is rather sticky and feels like it is just sitting on top of the skin, it smells good, though. The shower gels is nice also, same thing though, the scent does not last past your shower. So I am taking a lippie off because of that, otherwise it's really nice.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 5:06:00 AM More reviews by Kysyona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If you were wearing something like TM Angel or CD Addict all winter long, this can actually be a relief perfume before moving on to something more special for the summer days. It is veeeeeeeeeeeery pleasant and innocent and kind: if perfumes were flowers, this one would be a daisy. It sort of gives your olfactory senses a break and takes no effort to wear, especially that it doesn't last that long. I would not buy this again - I rarely repurchase perfumes and this is by far not in the contestants' row for the comeback on my dresser. But if you just don't know what to wear next and haven't found a spring/summer scent, are in desperate need thereof to have something on while you are searching for your warm season HG - go for it: it's a steal anyway.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/26/2011 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Ricardiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pleasant green floral, but the scent to me is rather heavy and thick.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:25:00 AM More reviews by andreadisan

This is one of my favorite perfume of YR, it's really natural, if you like herbal scents, you will love this, it's really fresh, it doesn't causes you headaches or anything, it has a really nice bouquet of white flowers mix with green plants and it longs the most of the day

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by greenfaerie38

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I enjoyed this fresh, earthy perfume on me, and my sister loved it as well. However, my male friends thought it smelled 'old and dirty', and my boyfriend compared it to dish soap. So maybe it's more of a casual scent rather than something for a night on the town.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2009 9:37:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the green leaf-shaped bottle and the green color of the juice itself, but I'm "meh" about this one. I have a bottle of the EDT that my mom gave me, and unfortunately sprayed on too much of this in the belief that it was a clean, green scent that couldn't be overdone. There is a strong green/galbanum note to this, yes, but also a sucker-punch of underlying jasmine and musk that moves this away from a strictly fougere (green) scent. The EDT is surprisingly potent and has all-day and all-night cling, so be careful (even though other Rocher frags aren't as concentrated). If I want "fresh," I have other scents I prefer. This one is rather cheap and synthetic to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fresh green floral that dries down to lily of the valley on me. It is a light fragrance that is not overpowering. I really like the matching shower gel to this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lovely, green, crisp, floral, fresh fragrance. It's very pleasant in the morning after a shower, and I would imagine the shower gel is nice too. It's not terribly long lasting, so by lunch time I can switch to a different type of fragrance if I want to. I definitely have room in my wardrobe (and heart) for this one. I'll probably order a bottle. Update: Somebody sent me her bottle as she felt it was too girlish a scent for her. I'm not a *young* girl, more of an *old* young girl :-D but I'm really enjoying this fragrance, it's lovely. Notes from YR website: Olfactive Family: Green Floral. Head Notes: Mandarin, Crushed Mint Leaves. Mid Notes: Headspace Daphne, Lily-of-the-Valley. Base Note: Cedar.