August 22, 2014 | 1722 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by MonJes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First of all the texture is so soft, finely-milled. As for the texture I vote this over my chanel compacte. The main reason I picked this in the first place was bcs of the texture, the sponge thay comes with it was soft too. The packaging was simple and sophisticated altho quite bulky, it takes up 50% space of my tiny makeup pouch. I use this powder as a setting powder for my foundation or concealer when I wear very minimal makeup. Problem is when I apllied it on my face it didnt blend well with my face . this powder sots on my face I waited for it to sink in but it didnt, which was kinda frustrating cause it looked like I was wearing a veil. Yep that obvious. It didnt look pwdery but it looked like a very thin and smooth veil. I actually like this powder but for me its not worth the price I paid for. I wouldnt repurchase, some cheaper brand powders of mine did better job than this, sorry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Cheungc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I couldn't wait to get this pressed sheer finish powder when I finally finished my my Bobbi Brown Retouching Powder (in Yellow). I had wanted a mattifying powder which I could carry in my handbag and had previously bought the Retouching Powder (only available in loose powder format) as the store I'd visited didn't have any sheer finish powder in stock.

Despite the Retouching Powder driving me insane with the non-travel-friendly packaging, I loved its soft-focus effect and how airily fine it is. I had assumed the sheer finish powder would be the same, but it's actually quite a different product.

I've got this in Warm Natural, which is also colourless over the rest of my make-up. Whilst its mattifying properties are apparent upon application and I don't expect anything to make my skin sweat-proof against the Dubai humidity, my face does seem to become shinier sooner than with the Retouching Powder.

The texture of the powder is also heavier (which probably explains the weight difference between the two products), so the finish looks like I'm wearing powder as opposed to the soft-focus effect I've become used to. The pressed format definitely ticks the travel-friendly box, and I only re-apply once throughout the day, but I suspect it would easily become cakey-looking if I re-applied more.

I think I'll have to give the MAC Blot Powder a go next time.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mskittynoir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Sorry ladies, this was not good. I have never thrown something so fast back into the box to return it.

I got the white shade for a transparent effect for setting.

One of two swipes on my skin and it seriously just sat on my nose like halloween makeup, didn't settle into my skin for awhile. And when it did, it settled right into my pores, not filling them up for hide them, but filling them in to make them look HUGE! this was a bummer all the way around. The texture of this powder felt quite cheap actually, i usually spend a bit on my makeup so for this price it did not reflect quality. I do think Bobbi B products are good, just not this. I would suggest getting BECCA translucent powder instead, that melted perfectly into my skin, with a matte glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder at the Bobbi Brown counter with other Bobbi Brown face makeup after trying it in a bridal makeup lesson in preparation for my wedding.

At $34, it is expensive, but I am willing to pay more for face makeup if my budget allows.

As always with Bobbi Brown products, the packaging is simple and chic. It is a square compact with a mirror (that I've never had to use) and an applicator (that I always use). It's flat and fits nicely in my makeup bag.

I use this to apply over any overly shiny areas - usually in my Tzone - after putting on all of my face makeup. It's easy to apply. It definitely delivers on the perfect sheer finish that it promises. It has staying power too, as far as I can tell at least, but I'm not too oily.

It's now a part of my everyday makeup routine. Even if I have no time for anything else, I use my BB cream and this powder. After using it almost every day for the past 6 months, I still have plenty of product left.

For all of the good qualities, I'm not convinced that I need to spend so much money for a product that delivers the same results, so I'm leaning toward not repurchasing it. I will try out other products first.

I'm still giving this product a 5 because it does it's job perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the loose version of this for a little while. I decided to get the in the pressed version to carry around. The powder itself is fine. The color matches me well. It does an okay job of oil control. What I don't like is the packaging. I find it way too bulky. The packaging should have been like the bronzing powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for about 6 months now, firstly with my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation, and now with my Skin Foundation. I can now safely say that this powder isn't worth the money!

Firstly, it's called a sheer finish powder but it's certainly not sheer enough. I was matched with the wrong shade and it was really noticeable, even with the lightest of applications. Even when I did hit the right shade, the powder sat on top of my skin and looked very obvious, accentuating my pores.

I'm not super oily, but I do have an oily t-zone, and I don't like looking too shiny. This powder mattified on application, but within a few hours the shine broke through. In fact, when I used it with my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (which seems to make me look like an oil slick 5 seconds after applying it) I was blotting within half an hour. It also has zero staying power, but when you reapply it has a tendency to look cakey on the skin.

The Sheer Finish Pressed Powder comes in a compact with a puff and a mirror, which is quite handy, although the compact could be a little sleeker as it's quite large and chunky.

For the price, it would be nicer if it had more staying powder. And even though Bobbi is great at matching yellow-toned people, this stuff just doesn't seem to do any favours working with her foundations. It might be alright if you had perfect skin, but I need something that provides more oil control and doesn't look so noticeable. I won't be forking out to buy this stuff again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

pros: great color esp for yellow undertone skin, very natural looking, clean simple packaging. no shimmer for those who want a natural look.

cons: drying for dry skin type as talc is the first ingredient, a bit pricey for such little compact. but still . it is more than the loose powder version of the same thing.

so if you are going to buy, buy the pressed powder instead of the loose powder as you get more quantity for the same price. i am so surprised about this as usually the loose powder has more quantity but not for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder, matches perfect my skin, stays all day, perfect for touch ups, its very light and its perfect over BB foundations. I have been using this for years and i love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by adatironce182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Hate this powder. It is terrible on my skin. In the beginning it goes on smoothly, but an hour later I can actually tell that it's sitting on my skin. UGH! I have used all types of products, from L'Oreal to Sisley and let's just say that even a Maybelline has done a better job than this. It also makes me look yellow ( I wish i would've listened to my instinct and gotten it in the white color instead of listening to the sales girl, maybe that would've helped). In addition to it being so bad, I read that it's supposed to come with a powder puff, but mine was never in there, so I've been applying it with a soft powder brush. I guess I am still on the hunt of looking for a great setting powder to add to my routine. Hopefuly the Laura Mercier will do, I am buying it soon. Stay away from this one Girls!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by StayClassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder on a whim. I love the Bobbi Brown brand (apart from a few issues with their foundation ranges) and I have to admit I am hooked on this powder!

The packaging is typical of the brand, black simplicity which I adore! I picked up the powder in the white shade (I have very fair skin and prefer adding color with my contouring).

The compact is lovely, fits easily in my handbag and it lasts forever! Have had it for a year now and use it daily!

The powder gives a very light coverage (hence sheer), very little is needed and it keeps my foundation put for hours on end (a top up is needed on a night out but that's my foundation not the powder).

It is on the more expensive side compared to other brands but it is totally worth it for the sheer amount of time it lasts. This powder works for me and is going to be a staple of my make-up bag for a long time.