April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this powder at the Bobbi Brown counter with other Bobbi Brown face makeup after trying it in a bridal makeup lesson in preparation for my wedding.

At $34, it is expensive, but I am willing to pay more for face makeup if my budget allows.

As always with Bobbi Brown products, the packaging is simple and chic. It is a square compact with a mirror (that I've never had to use) and an applicator (that I always use). It's flat and fits nicely in my makeup bag.

I use this to apply over any overly shiny areas - usually in my Tzone - after putting on all of my face makeup. It's easy to apply. It definitely delivers on the perfect sheer finish that it promises. It has staying power too, as far as I can tell at least, but I'm not too oily.

It's now a part of my everyday makeup routine. Even if I have no time for anything else, I use my BB cream and this powder. After using it almost every day for the past 6 months, I still have plenty of product left.

For all of the good qualities, I'm not convinced that I need to spend so much money for a product that delivers the same results, so I'm leaning toward not repurchasing it. I will try out other products first.

I'm still giving this product a 5 because it does it's job perfectly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 8:22:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using the loose version of this for a little while. I decided to get the in the pressed version to carry around. The powder itself is fine. The color matches me well. It does an okay job of oil control. What I don't like is the packaging. I find it way too bulky. The packaging should have been like the bronzing powder.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this powder for about 6 months now, firstly with my Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish foundation, and now with my Skin Foundation. I can now safely say that this powder isn't worth the money!

Firstly, it's called a sheer finish powder but it's certainly not sheer enough. I was matched with the wrong shade and it was really noticeable, even with the lightest of applications. Even when I did hit the right shade, the powder sat on top of my skin and looked very obvious, accentuating my pores.

I'm not super oily, but I do have an oily t-zone, and I don't like looking too shiny. This powder mattified on application, but within a few hours the shine broke through. In fact, when I used it with my Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation (which seems to make me look like an oil slick 5 seconds after applying it) I was blotting within half an hour. It also has zero staying power, but when you reapply it has a tendency to look cakey on the skin.

The Sheer Finish Pressed Powder comes in a compact with a puff and a mirror, which is quite handy, although the compact could be a little sleeker as it's quite large and chunky.

For the price, it would be nicer if it had more staying powder. And even though Bobbi is great at matching yellow-toned people, this stuff just doesn't seem to do any favours working with her foundations. It might be alright if you had perfect skin, but I need something that provides more oil control and doesn't look so noticeable. I won't be forking out to buy this stuff again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by hippodeem

pros: great color esp for yellow undertone skin, very natural looking, clean simple packaging. no shimmer for those who want a natural look.

cons: drying for dry skin type as talc is the first ingredient, a bit pricey for such little compact. but still . it is more than the loose powder version of the same thing.

so if you are going to buy, buy the pressed powder instead of the loose powder as you get more quantity for the same price. i am so surprised about this as usually the loose powder has more quantity but not for this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2013 4:54:00 AM More reviews by sandrap0209

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this powder, matches perfect my skin, stays all day, perfect for touch ups, its very light and its perfect over BB foundations. I have been using this for years and i love it!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2012 3:13:00 AM More reviews by adatironce182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I Hate this powder. It is terrible on my skin. In the beginning it goes on smoothly, but an hour later I can actually tell that it's sitting on my skin. UGH! I have used all types of products, from L'Oreal to Sisley and let's just say that even a Maybelline has done a better job than this. It also makes me look yellow ( I wish i would've listened to my instinct and gotten it in the white color instead of listening to the sales girl, maybe that would've helped). In addition to it being so bad, I read that it's supposed to come with a powder puff, but mine was never in there, so I've been applying it with a soft powder brush. I guess I am still on the hunt of looking for a great setting powder to add to my routine. Hopefuly the Laura Mercier will do, I am buying it soon. Stay away from this one Girls!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2012 3:56:00 PM More reviews by StayClassy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder on a whim. I love the Bobbi Brown brand (apart from a few issues with their foundation ranges) and I have to admit I am hooked on this powder!

The packaging is typical of the brand, black simplicity which I adore! I picked up the powder in the white shade (I have very fair skin and prefer adding color with my contouring).

The compact is lovely, fits easily in my handbag and it lasts forever! Have had it for a year now and use it daily!

The powder gives a very light coverage (hence sheer), very little is needed and it keeps my foundation put for hours on end (a top up is needed on a night out but that's my foundation not the powder).

It is on the more expensive side compared to other brands but it is totally worth it for the sheer amount of time it lasts. This powder works for me and is going to be a staple of my make-up bag for a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by farhi22310

HG product dnt kno what I would do without it I've been using this powder for nearly 4 Years and I'm still on my second one this stuff is amazing.. This product is a setting powder and nothing else it's not meant to give u amazing coverage.. It sets my foundation beautifully and makes it last the whole day out of my group of friends and family I was the first one to get one of these but since they've tried mine they all seem to run and get one this stuff is amazing best bb product by a long shot

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Pingeree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm really getting the feeling that Bobbi Brown in general is very hit-or-miss, and for me, the whole brand has been a hit. This powder IS sheer, as it says. I did not expect actual coverage, which is provided by my foundation and concealer. This powder is very finely-milled and goes on smooth and clean. It sets my makeup for almost the whole day and REALLY soaks up all my excess t-zone oil. I have it in White because I'm ghastly pale, and this doesn't make me chalky or even paler, which many powders have done in the past.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/9/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by bebefrancais

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Obviously some of you all can't read. So it's your fault you wasted your money. SHEER finish pressed powder. SHEER means very light, almost translucent.