August 29, 2014 | 1699 users online

Body Scrubs - Lather - Bamboo & Lemongrass Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by rugby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is probably one of there stand out products. This exfoliates really well with a fresh scent. A bit messy but I love it. Has a light foaming action, this is a fun scrub.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by dezzilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

it's a horrible scrub, too scratchy and it dried my skin. afterward. maybe it was too grainy or maybe it was the sodium laureth sulfate. i had to apply body oil to calm my skin. nice packaging and love the bamboo ideas but sill, too drying and too scratchy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2010 5:51:00 PM More reviews by heatheron7th

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live for this scrub. It is very heavy-duty and gets my skin so smooth. I don't care for "gentle" scrubs, and if that's your thing, avoid this one, because it isn't gentle. A little goes a loooong way. And I love that it's not greasy and that the grains are not salt or sugar, so they don't melt before you've really gotten a good, intense scrub.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2010 5:26:00 PM More reviews by flojob

This is a great basic exfoliating scrub, I've used it faithfully for years. The smell isn't overpowering, it foams nicely, doesn't over-dry my skin, and lasts for a long time. Used regularly it leaves my skin soft and helps get rid of pesky dry patches on knees, elbows, etc. I've gotten a lot of complements on my smooth, soft skin after using this and Dr. Hauschka body oil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2009 9:07:00 AM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was my favorite scrub for years.

Very few come close to leaving your skin so silky and prepped for self-tanning.

However, I found a Body Shoppe dry scrub in Amber that is somewhat similar. The grains are not so fine, but it is a dry, almost sand like dry product which foams and then exfoliates when you wet it.

What I love about the Amber scrub is the smell . . . wonderful. Fills the entire bathroom with a rich warm aroma.

Lather's Bamboo and Lemongrass was for me the standard, though the fragrance never did much for me.

While I still consider it the Queen of exfolliasting products, I prefer the little Amber upstart from the Body Shoppe, because I love amber .. . .

and the exfolliating's pretty darn good too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 1:35:00 PM More reviews by trendyliu

I'm typically not a fan of scrubs as I find them too cumbersome and messy but I love this product! The scent is light, fresh, and not overpowering. I love the fact that Lather doesn't use synthetic fragrances so what you smell is all natural. The product itself looks like and feels like grainy sand. However, the grains are micronized so it exfoliates effectively when it's applied to in light circular motions without scratching your skin. And, because the base that the scrub is in foams up a little, a little really goes a long way. Every time you feel like you aren't getting enough, just add a little water and it'll go further. Also, what I like best about this product is that doesn't have any oil/moisturizing ingredients so it rinses off clean and leaves your skin feeling smooth and silky. I find that moisturizers I apply after exfoliating with this scrub seems to absorb better. Yes, $38/8 oz jar seems a little overpriced but it'll last you a long time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by allThingsGirl

This is a great product. It really makes you feel like you have a "spa" at your own house. The combination of Bamboo and Lemongrass is so invigorating and unique. Also the texture of this is very interesting because it stays gritty while you are using it but isn't covered in slime that makes it wash away.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 2:04:00 AM More reviews by Goldenstar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the most effective scrub I've ever used. It foams nicely, & leaves my skin feeling like silk. You only need to use a tiny amount, so 1 jar lasts a long time. Holy Grail status!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by aligator

I got a $50 giftcard to Lather so I tried this scrub! It's great!! Perfectly exfoliates and makes my skin super oft!! I like it a lot.. It smells like Thai soup because of the lemongrass. It is very expensive at $38 for a tub of it and I don't know if I will rebuy if soley because of that factor. I like that it foams and you don't need much. It's very relaxing in the shower!! One of the most popluar Lather products!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2006 12:20:00 PM More reviews by cyndog

Amazing srub! It's unique in its ability to exfoliate.. makes me feel squeeky clean without being too abrasive. The scent is divine. Love it!