Jergens Natural Glow- Face

2.8

on 7/17/2015 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

When I first started using this product I was psyched because it was giving my face a nice tanned look without sun damage. I thought I would always use this product as my moisturizer because of the great look it gave with daily morning usage. Then I started breaking out on my chin. The breakouts continued to get worse and worse and I ended up having several huge cystic pimples at a time. I finally realized that it was the Jergan's Natural Glow Face that was causing me to break out as this was the only thing in my routine that was different. I sadly stopped using this on my face and my acne is going away, which confirms this product is what caused me to break out so bad. If you are not acne prone this is a great product in my opinion. I wish I could keep using it.

on 11/16/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm a bit disappointed in this product because I really love the regular Natural Glow lotion for your body. This stuff is smelly and it did make me appear a little orange. Perhaps that's because my face was much paler. I think I will just stick to using bronzer from now on.

on 10/18/2014 10:32:00 AM

I've purchased this stuff countless times, ever since the face formula was introduced, and I'm just about never without it. For me, consistent use of this product means every other day, usually, maybe every third day in the winter - to stay believable and just sun kissed - not like I've just laid on the beach for a week. I apply this in the morning, after serums, before sunscreen. I wouldn't rely on this for a sole source of sun protection or as my sole moisturizer. The company makes it sound as though this is a do-it-all product, and all by itself - sunscreen, moisturizer, tanner. I expect it to give a bit of added moisture, a bit of a boost in sun protection, and a warm, very lightly tanned look. Actually, if you are after the very dark look in summer, this will give it to you, if you apply every day. I've seen lots of reviews that mention the fact that the color will come off skin when you exfoliate. Well - hello!! Self tanner is meant to color only the surface of the skin - doesn't matter which one you use - it will fade when you exfoliate. We notice it more on the face because there's such an emphasis (rightly!) on exfoliation for good skin. But for pete's sake - I can just imagine the outcry if the product stained the skin deeply and couldn't be easily removed!! I love the fact that this product has the quality of providing a light and luminous tint that I can easily tone down or dial up - depending on the season and my whim of the moment! Also - I have fairly touchy,dry,reactive skin which is also acne prone,and I think this is like any other product - can cause acne if it isn't thoroughly removed. I use alot of zinc based sunscreen also, and I truly believe in cleansing skin with oils - I have not had any major breakouts since I've begun using that particular method. I just think alot of acne is exacerbated by not thoroughly removing everything from the skin on a daily basis. I don't believe facial cleansers can do that. I remove everything from the surface of my face with oils, then sometimes use a standard cleanser if I need to. But getting back to the Jergens facial tanner - love it and will buy it forever. Just bought 4 tubes because I had some coupons - might last me through the winter!!

broke me out and didnt make me any tanner

on 7/29/2014 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I had such high hopes for this; I bought the fair/ medium shade and tried it right away. If you're sensitive to scents, skip this- there's no self tanner scent, but it is really strongly perfumed. I ordinarily don't have a hard time with scented products, but I draw the line at facial products having a lot of fragrance.
I loved the subtle color and glow, but I also noticed my face reacted badly. I was so itchy and inflamed I had to stop using it and return it to the store.
Back to the drawing board with facial self tanners; I might spend the $ on Clarins or try to find a hypoallergenic choice in the future.

on 4/19/2014 6:19:00 PM

I was leery of using this product, since I've never used a self-tanner on my face and I tend to break out easily when I try new things. But I was pleasantly surprised with this! It gave me a natural-looking tan in only two days, and I could actually see results after just one application. After reading other reviews, I mixed the Jergens with my regular moisturizer (Mary Kay Timewise) 50/50. It worked perfectly for me. Blended easily and gave me even color. I liked the scent of the Jergens and it didn't give that self-tanner stink AT ALL. I've been using it for five days now and haven't had any breakouts. I will absolutely re-purchase and keep using it. Best part: Walgreen's was running a promotion when I bought this, and instead of the $10.49 it normally costs, I paid just $2.74 after showing my Walgreens rewards card. Awesome deal!

on 11/18/2013 10:42:00 PM

So I am desperately trying to find a face and neck tan that I can apply daily instead of using makeup. I don't need crazy color so this one seemed like it'd be good. It's very easy to use, rub it in like moisturizer and wash your hands after. No orange palms at all. It does give color and its just about the right amount of color after 2 applications, but it makes me break out in clusters!!! I don't ever have pimples except maybe 1-2 around my period, but this stuff has given me about 8-10 and some clogged pores as well. It's easy and has good color and doesn't smell too bad at all, but the break outs make it a no-go for me :( I'll keep looking for something similar but less acne causing!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This product does what it claims to do! I have a medium skintone, and use this in the winter to keep me looking more perky and glowy. It seems to be fine for sensitive skin, has not broken me out at all! I also use it on my neck to appear even, and it works there too. I recommend this to people who are looking for a subtle and inexpensive glow :)

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Warm

Jergens makes the worst self tanners by far. I thought perhaps the face version would be slightly more user friendly than the body version...nope. If you love the smell of rotten eggs (even after showering), streaky spots all over your body, and a dark orange tint on your skin - this is the tanner for you!

That was sarcasm, this stuff shouldn't be used by anyone. It is that nasty. Another con - this lotion does not dry. It clogged my pores & left my face feeling both tacky & greasy. I ended up breaking out like a volcano.

I have a photo of me wearing this self tanner in my profile...feel free to look. I am on the search for a perfect self tanner for my NC10 (super pale, yellow toned) skin. This clearly was not it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this stuff for yeeears and for the past 2 or so, it's been increasingly hard to find. This year they must have changed the formula because the packaging is different and the results are different.
I have fair-medium, sensitive, acne-prone skin, and I used to always get the Light colour, I found it gave me a deeper and more noticable tan than the Medium colour (strange.. but it just did), I used it daily and never experienced any sensitivity or breakouts, it smelled fine and a tube lasted 6 months or so.
Now with this new tube of facial tanner, I get terrible clusters of breakouts hours after I use it, the tan isn't even noticable at all, and it smells very chemical-y and harsh. I'm super disappointed and won't buy it again.
Wouldn't recommend .. wish they'd bring back the old formula as it was my every day, go-to.