August 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Lopez2214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My issue is getting things that match my color. As a redhead they make limited products. I love the concept of foundation sticks. However I have dry skin. The color is perfect but I need a lot of moisturizer before I apply and even then it becomes dry.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:17:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this to use as a concealer. I was using the touch up stick, but a SA told me that the foundation stick was the same and less expensive for the amount. I use this in 5 Honey and love it.
Pros: color matches, doesn't break out skin, very portable, lasts most of the day, covers and blends well.
Cons: expensive

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2014 5:33:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The search for HG has ended. Oh my God, this foundation has my exact skin match and stays on my oily skin. Putting all of these aside, it is so easy to use and the texture is awesome. The result is flawless skin without looking having a mask on. Where was this foundation all of my life? It is expensive but hey, it is better than having 100s of bottles of junk that do not work. I am a BB convert.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by PreciousCharmer17

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't understand the negative reviews on this foundation. For me personally this foundation is wonderful. It offers medium to full coverage. It doesn't feel heavy at all. It's easy to travel with and most of all easy to work with...no drips or spills here. The foundation is very blendable but a little does go a long way. I have oily/combo skin on those hot days and dry/combo skin for the cold ones. I don't see it making my face oilier or drier. It blends beautifully. For my NC25-30 face I got the shades sand and beige; for my contouring I got golden almond.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by Clementhyme

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really quite fair, but I can wear BB's Foundation stick in Sand 2.0...and I really like it! I usually have to go lighter, but the stick has an opacity that seems to help with coverage and a lighter tone. I like the portability of the stick and like with all BB products, it wears beautifully. I generally apply it to the areas that need the most help and use a liquid foundation or BB/CC cream for the rest of my face. I also throw it in my bag for touch ups. I have been using these for close to 20 years, they are part of my make-up staples. They last forever and although I've heard the newer formulation is even better I can't see much room for improvement, but I will edit this review upon purchase of a new stick.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 5:53:00 AM More reviews by SianAbercrombie

The greatest thing about this product is the shade range. I purchased this product in the shade porcelain and have never found anything a closer match. It looks like my skin and is extremely fast and easy to apply. It is full coverage and will cover anything I want it to. It doesn't feel or look like I'm wearing and foundation. The only drawback I find with this foundation is I find it clings to the dry skin around my nose and chin making it visible. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with very dry skin, but other than that look no further for an easy natural looking foundation with buildable coverage and almost definitely a shade to match your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by sacoope1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am 6.5 warm almond in this foundation stick and I sometimes stipple it over my Iman second to none stick foundation to get a slightly dewy look as the Iman foundation goes on really matte and doesn't break me out ( neither does bb) BB has an exceptional color range but it is no longer my main foundation because it transfers quite a lot when on my oily skin in spite of applying setting powder and after a while looks too yellow when my face goes into oily production mode. But this product is great for drier skin and works really well with my Iman foundation. Will definitely buy bb stick foundation but in the small stick as I use it for customise look. Every woman of color should have a bb product because she gets what is needed for ethnic skin. However she needs to work on the transferability and the oxidising to really yellow after a while. But do not let this put you off.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by settex3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was influenced merely by youtube gurus in which I rely to when they review a product that meets their expectations. It claims to 'look like skin' and it definitely does. Although, my chosen foundation was one to two shades darker, it was not really a big deal because I get quite tanned in the summer.

The benefits of using this product in which I have tested out for a good 2 months is that: It does look like skin and it is very blendable as it has almost this kind of mousse to cream texture. It is also buildable which ranges its coverage from a light to medium depending on application. The packaging is very convenient, if you are a person who travels a lot and wanting to have a on-the-go light foundation. Also, it is very simple, sturdy and classy looking. Its packaging looks somewhat like a lipstick but in a lipgloss length. They have a tone of shades which will be easier for you to find your true match.

The Cons I have stumbled upon whilst using this product is that it gives this 'old lady lipstick' fragrance, however not entirely noticeable. I just really like to smell my products. Another is the price, for its coverage and 9g of product, I expected more. But you know, it is a high-end product; I shouldn't really bother about that. Lastly, its staying power; I discovered that it lasts for just at least 3-6 hours depending really how you apply it and how much amount. It can be very cakey If you applied too much without blending.

I do recommend this product to quite matured ladies/gents with less problematic skin. This does not also work well with people with very oily skin, I'm sorry guys.

I have a mini gif swatch on my blog, if you want to check it out.
Have a great day guys!
www.setteventura.blogspot.com
Love, love.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by Coconoire84

I am annoyed at this product because although it is the absolute perfect shade for me which has taken years to find, my 2 favourites illamasqua and Nars (which I mix together to get the perfect-ish shade) do work better under my eyes especially. I apply the stick foundation with the special Recommended bobby brown brush and although on my face it covers quite nicely I find under my eyes I'm spending an awful lot of time trying to cover. I find myself going back a few times to re apply on my face it takes a long time for me to perfect it. My Nars sheer glow and Illmasqua skin base I have no problems blending within seconds all over with the PERFECT finish. With bobby brown I can get the perfect finish but it takes me ages getting there. Also, applying powder to the foundation- i can see it sliding my hard work Off my face as I sweep my powder brush over my face revealing my under eye that took ages to work on and it seems to thin out the foundation. I don't have this problem with my other two. As for any dry patches ony skin.. It highlights the dry area so badly it's a nightmare trying to perfect it. It's a shame because it's the perfect shade and I eventually get the right finish so I really want to rave about it but I just can't. It is quite durable of set with powder- I wore it a few times in London this week where it's been 25 degrees, so very hot sightseeing around London and it didn't budge. It lasted about 8-10 hours then I noticed more sliding off my face. My Nars and ilamasqua stay on perfect all day and night. My absolute faves! It really annoys me that i spent a lot of money on bobby brown and the Brush for it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 6:32:00 AM More reviews by galsunday

The MUA used warm natural on me. Its a nice shade. Blends into my skin. Very natural looking.The foundation just 'dissolved" into my skin. The MUA asked me to touch my skin after application. Felt like i was wearing nothing at all! Comfortable. But because of the hot humid Malaysian heat, this product feels oily after some time and looks some what dark on me due to oxidation i think. Then, breakouts appear. For this very reason, this does product has its cons.This BB foundation is also expensive which is a complaint i always hear all over. The only pros i can think of is the travel friendly packaging. But honestly that's not the criteria for a good foundation! So im gonna give this a miss! I still like Maybelline/MAC/MUFE/UD foundations.