April 24, 2014 | 926 users online

Fragrances - Missoni

rated 2 of 5 on 4/3/2013 9:18:00 AM More reviews by solei

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

melon, watermelon, sweet melon, great sillage and there is a lot of it .... I got it as a gift, but I like to trade for something else

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by SNIFFMEALLOVER

I approached it with interested and high hopes. It's a 5 star perfume after all. But it's charm, whatever it is, is wasted on me, as I cannot find it. I tried and I tried, I re-applied my sample many times. Aqcua di Gio with a dash of cocoa powder and orange.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by fragranceisall

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Since Molto Missoni is one of my favorite (now discontinued) fragrances, trying on Missoni Missoni eau de parfum I was hoping for a repeat of Molto. While no where near Molto, I find MM wonderful in it's own right. The first time, I was disappointed but then, a second spritzing revealed something fruity, floral, but also musky, in a good way. Definitely high-end and not something I smell on every other woman I like this so much I've ordered the body lotion. I've got a huge fragrance collection, am VERY selective in what I buy and wear, and am happy to add this to my collection. Thanks to the woman who included the lotion benefits to her review!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by tsth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm never quite sure what I think of Missoni. It's odd to me. It's interesting in that I would describe it as a chocolate floral. Which initially sounds like it would be really good, but I think for me the execution doesn't really pan out. I like the idea, but not the actual combination here, it's a bit too strange. It also has sort of a slight melon note that wafts in and out and confuses my nose. But, I can see where it might work with someone else's chemistry. If the idea of chocolate floral sounds appealing, then I would say sample it. It is very different, and I don't dislike it, it just confuses me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by cavalletta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have worn this now a few times and my experience is a bit different than most. First I smell citrus. It is a sharp citrus smell along with something I can not pin-point, I would say aquatic in nature. Then it goes through a creamscicle phase maybe ten minutes. I love orange creamscicles and sweet scents, but I dont want to smell like this. Fortunately it changes, some note, I dont know what, comes into play. It is warm, but sleepy at the same time. I would liken the scent to opening with a hot, lively and sunny beach and the drydown to be dawn...or maybe sunset on the same beach. It is hard to describe. And yet it doesnt strike me as special or unique. I cant describe it well, it confuses me...but it still bores me. I usually prefer darker, sensual scents. I am NOT a citrus girl so maybe im not the best reviewer for this. I will say to any citrus lover out there that this is, to me, a sleepy and strange citrus. Not clean and invigorating. Either way, no sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by Cheekychee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Missoni, my compliments. Missoni is multifaceted floral fruity that is also woodsy and nutty, even spicy in some whiffs. Sophisticated to the hilt! A natural tossled beauty with intelligence and a wholesome sense of humor. Its January and I am going to wear this for a season and go from there but; Missoni may be able to go year-round. Its true, I do favor Maurice Roucel's perfumes in general but this one is his perfect showcase. Reflective of Missioni fabrics - artistic weaves of color and texture. Very chic.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2010 3:10:00 PM More reviews by tessture

I don't agree that this is a fragrance for sandalwood lovers, as I have a terribly low tolerance for sandalwood and this one is very appealing to me. First on, I get a strong chocolate and hazelnuts note, very strong, with a sort of dirty dust edge, like it's gone bad, and a touch of citrus underneath that gives it an aquatic feeling. This dries rapidly to a well-blended combination of that lovely chocolate/hazelnuts note with the citrus notes being very clear and crisp. It reminds me somehow of Byblos in the crisp, clear citrus. Very nice, very different. I don't get most of the other notes at any time, but it's definitely a golden gem of a perfume worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 3:40:00 PM More reviews by PenelopePitstopKYD

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Another perfume that I searched HI and LO for. When it first came out it was only carried at higher end department stores but I found it and love it to pieces. A very rich and smoky fragrance that really suits me. If you like sandlewoods, vanillas, musks, and the like, you just may like this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by drvogue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the most unusual floral fragrances I have tried. The opening smells like daisies and dandelions, which is weird because they don't really smell that much in reality. Somehow, they managed to capture that fleeting smell and make it quite intense here. Then, it gets sweet but not unbearably so. The drydown is a strong musk. I can't really compare it to anything out there so it's fairly unique which may be a big plus nowadays.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2009 1:55:00 PM More reviews by peechez5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I suppose I am in the minority here. I adore this scent! It's obviously a love/hate scent even more so than Angel which alot of people can stand-in moderation. I happen to only gravitate towards scents that are different and out of the ordinary. I wouldn't be caught dead in something like D&G light blue where everyone knows what you're wearing. Missoni is definately offbeat and quirky, and requires a curtian "grace" to pull off. I love those kind of scents. Now onto the fragrance.

Missoni is very hard to describe. It is as decribed on Sephora, however, thinking about the notes is one thing and actually smelling them is another. When I purchased my samples off Ebay I really didn't know what to expect. Once I sprayed it on I was instantly hooked. It starts off with a sweet fruity note, I almost smell melon and orange at the same time with a hint of chocolate, then 5 mins later the lush florals come in and heat up the scent. I really do feel like I'm basking in the sun at some Italian resort...The drydown I find is ambery and warm and soft with a hint of the fruits florals and that delicious chocolate. I do get a slight similarity to Angel or even my HG Lolita Lempicka in the drydown. It only lasts about 3-4 hours on me but that's ok because I like my fragrances to be light and soft. I think 2 sprays is perfect and it's perfect for the warmer weather as it needs the heat to work it's magic :). I have only had my sample for the past couple weeks and everyone that has smelled it on me ie: husband, Mom, Dad and brother have said it smells amazing ( they would have no trouble telling me if it was awful!) I think it all comes down to chemistry with this masterpiece. I don't understand the reviewers that say it smells like rotting tuna with sugar sprinkled on top!? If it works for you go with it and rock it ladies! I can't get enough of this! But definately try before you buy, you'll find yourself intruiged...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No