December 22, 2014 | 1605 users online

Skincare - Body - DIY Tea Tree Oil Scalp and Body Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I rarely get pimples anymore thanks to apple cider vinegar as a toner, but when I do get pimples, I get nasty cystic pimples. I had been using clean and clear persa gel and that stopped working on my nasty pimples... So I started using a drop of grapeseed oil and one drop of tea tree oil, and my cystic pimple shrinked! I tried mixing tea tree oil with aloe vera, but doesn't work as well and is too drying. I use Weymeyer organic tea tree oil & Now grapeseed oil.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Adi1998

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing! I was getting so fed up with my cystic acne that I've recently been getting and I wasn't sure if there was anything that could help me, but I bought a bottle of this online along with some castor oil and mixed it up in a half and half ratio and I have an amazing zit zaping spot treatment. It's cheap and it really works!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by missmorganbaby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm currently using the wrap foam from this brand I have no complaints. I use this on my hair at night and roll my hair with flexi rods to create beautiful curls that last through out the day and this stuff gets the job done. It smells great (like mint), it holds very well, and for the price of about $3 for my local wal-mart, I would probably buy again. Good stuff.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

The scent is not the greatest and it can really linger. I did not notice any improvement in my skin when using this. It did absolutely nothing for my breakouts. The only uses I found for this was for the scalp other than that I have no use for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by JohannaJeannett

I have been suffering with acne for about 5 years now. Yes, I have tried it all. Proactiv, Acne.org, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, homemade masks, natural oils, facials, micro-dermabrasions you name it I've tried it all. I recently broke out horribly on my cheek. 10 zits in the same area. That was it. I had completely given up on everything and made a dermatologist appointment so I can get the Accutane prescription, which we all know is our final hope. I began to research good oil for the skin and came across Tea Tree Oil. After doing my research I decided to order it on Amazon, very inexpensive!

This is strong stuff so please use the littlest amount. I used 1 drop of TTO w/ 5 drops of my jojoba oil and applied it to my face every night for the past 3 days. The bumps on my 10 zits have indeed subsided! My face is not as bumpy anymore. And to think it's only been 3 days. Amazing! I have yet to see if it diminishes my acne completely but I feel like I'm heading for the right direction. If TTO fails me, Accutane here I come.

*Update 10/2/14

TTO failed me. I felt like if my face was becoming immune to the TTO. It did, however get rid of my back acne beautifully! So here I am taking Retin-A, hopefully it works!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by summer877

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm okay, my Mother and I were in Costco one day and decided to buy it for me after suffering from acne for a while. I decided to give it a go and see what happens. Well, say after a week of applying it to my face my face was covered in blister like things i just thought it was the product working (yea i know) anyways I continued to use it, until one day my mom looked at my face and was very shocked, i finally looked in the mirror and saw what the tree tre oil was doing and so i stopped using it. (My skin is much back to normal now)

In conclusion this product it very good it literally banishes out the pimple in a matterr of days, and sometimes overnight! But what i didnt know and finally realize today is that due to the HIGH concentrate of Tea Tree Oil, not following directions properly the ending result was what happened to my face (blisters). So i wanna say to those of you who want to try it for your purpose Acne here are some things to go by

1.) Dont lather it all over your face, (just because you use more and more doesnt mean all the pimples are going to be gone)

2.) Dilute with water, when using

3.) Concentrate ONLY on the specific area on which you want to banish away, as said it will dry other parts of your skin

Thats pretty much all i can say from my experience, but hope it works for you!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:11:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So many uses - but one must be careful as the antimicrobial properties are strong.
Not crazy about the smell - but so great for acneic skin, cuts, nicks etc.
Also good in synergistic aromatherapy blends.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Belleanna

This is really awesome (and natural) stuff! It is perfect for people who have combination skin because it removes acne, but doesn't dry skin at all. Although, some people are allergic to it, so be carefull. Also, it might burn or sting for a bit, and it smells strong, but it works. Hope this helps!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 4:20:00 AM More reviews by christeeezy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think I've found my holy grail acne product in tea tree oil. I've tried up to what seems like everything to combat those stubborn spots. Salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide, retinol, alpha hydroxy acid, even natural remedies such as turmeric powder. And yes, those other treatments worked, but only to a certain extent. Tea tree oil has been very effective and consistent. I just dab a q-tip into the product and put it on any existing spots and the areas where I'm prone to get acne. The type of acne I tend to get are whiteheads and those deep cystic spots that take forever to grow a head. I do it consistently every night and notice that the life span of my zits are cut in half. I've read that people say you need to dilute it with water as it is very strong and can be drying, but I don't do that. Since my skin tends to be much more oily, I find that it doesn't dry my skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 11:54:00 AM More reviews by jazzybabe7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Every month, around the time that my hormones are raging, I tend to get a single cystic pimple on or around my chin area. If I let it run its course, it's usually dime-sized, very painful, and sticks around for a couple of weeks, since they form so deeply in my skin that it's impossible to pop them. I was about to schedule an appointment with the derm to get a steroid injection since I will be traveling, but decided I would give the tea tree oil a chance. I used 100% oil, without diluting, and rubbed it in before bed time. The next day, I still had the bump, so I thought it wasn't working, but I decided to keep on trying. I rubbed in some more throughout the day, and then again before I went to bed. The following morning, it was significantly smaller! I rubbed it in some more, and by the end of the night it was 99% gone! I rubbed in some more before bed again, and by the next morning, there was no sign of a cystic pimple ever even forming!!! I am absolutely amazed at what a miracle product this is and will continue to use TTO at the first sign of pimples. :)