DIY Tea Tree Oil Scalp and Body Treatment

4.4

100% tea tree oil

on 6/1/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I bought the generic CVS bottle of Tea Tree Oil. Small glass bottle, 1 oz. for $10. I read on the boards that Tea Tree Oil may combat cystic acne blemishes and saw positive reviews here. I was desperate and decided to give it a last ditch effort before I called my derm for a cortisone shot (which I had never done before either).

My experience with the Tea Tree Oil was that it did nothing to/for that cystic blemish. Didn't dry it out, make it come to a head, reduce inflammation, anything. It also didn't ruin the healthy skin around it, thankfully - but basically it was useless. I tried it on lesser, "normal"/small blemishes too, to no avail. The liquid was not sticky or slippery and once it dried I could put makeup over it. However the smell was horribly strong and lingered terribly. It's an earthy/herbal scent that is overpowering and just will not go away. Even just having opened the bottle in my bathroom made my bathroom smell strongly of the oil for the rest of and the next day. I couldn't take it, and it wasn't worth it anyway for the non-results.

on 5/16/2015 8:45:00 PM

I had a pimple and someone told me that Tea Tree oil could be used to help acne. I mixed some drops of Tea Tree oil with olive oil and applied it on my pimple. My pimple was gone the next day!!!The best thing about it is that it's natural and works much better than every acne product I tried. I'll definitely be using this in the future.

on 1/16/2015 8:15:00 AM

This is my absolute HOLY GRAIL , i mix this in my moisturizer and apply this on my pimples , and it helps my skins tonsssss , I had this HUGE pimple last week and ive stopped using tea tree oil for like a year now so when I got really frustrated , I rushed into the store and bought it and now my skin has gotten so much better , this is friggin AMAZING . lurvvv it

I rarely get pimples anymore thanks to apple cider vinegar as a toner, but when I do get pimples, I get nasty cystic pimples. I had been using clean and clear persa gel and that stopped working on my nasty pimples... So I started using a drop of grapeseed oil and one drop of tea tree oil, and my cystic pimple shrinked! I tried mixing tea tree oil with aloe vera, but doesn't work as well and is too drying. I use Weymeyer organic tea tree oil & Now grapeseed oil.:)

on 9/23/2014 2:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I was getting so fed up with my cystic acne that I've recently been getting and I wasn't sure if there was anything that could help me, but I bought a bottle of this online along with some castor oil and mixed it up in a half and half ratio and I have an amazing zit zaping spot treatment. It's cheap and it really works!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I'm currently using the wrap foam from this brand I have no complaints. I use this on my hair at night and roll my hair with flexi rods to create beautiful curls that last through out the day and this stuff gets the job done. It smells great (like mint), it holds very well, and for the price of about $3 for my local wal-mart, I would probably buy again. Good stuff.

on 9/10/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

The scent is not the greatest and it can really linger. I did not notice any improvement in my skin when using this. It did absolutely nothing for my breakouts. The only uses I found for this was for the scalp other than that I have no use for this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been suffering with acne for about 5 years now. Yes, I have tried it all. Proactiv, Acne.org, Neutrogena, Clean & Clear, Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid, homemade masks, natural oils, facials, micro-dermabrasions you name it I've tried it all. I recently broke out horribly on my cheek. 10 zits in the same area. That was it. I had completely given up on everything and made a dermatologist appointment so I can get the Accutane prescription, which we all know is our final hope. I began to research good oil for the skin and came across Tea Tree Oil. After doing my research I decided to order it on Amazon, very inexpensive!

This is strong stuff so please use the littlest amount. I used 1 drop of TTO w/ 5 drops of my jojoba oil and applied it to my face every night for the past 3 days. The bumps on my 10 zits have indeed subsided! My face is not as bumpy anymore. And to think it's only been 3 days. Amazing! I have yet to see if it diminishes my acne completely but I feel like I'm heading for the right direction. If TTO fails me, Accutane here I come.

*Update 10/2/14

TTO failed me. I felt like if my face was becoming immune to the TTO. It did, however get rid of my back acne beautifully! So here I am taking Retin-A, hopefully it works!

on 8/3/2014 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hmm okay, my Mother and I were in Costco one day and decided to buy it for me after suffering from acne for a while. I decided to give it a go and see what happens. Well, say after a week of applying it to my face my face was covered in blister like things i just thought it was the product working (yea i know) anyways I continued to use it, until one day my mom looked at my face and was very shocked, i finally looked in the mirror and saw what the tree tre oil was doing and so i stopped using it. (My skin is much back to normal now)

In conclusion this product it very good it literally banishes out the pimple in a matterr of days, and sometimes overnight! But what i didnt know and finally realize today is that due to the HIGH concentrate of Tea Tree Oil, not following directions properly the ending result was what happened to my face (blisters). So i wanna say to those of you who want to try it for your purpose Acne here are some things to go by

1.) Dont lather it all over your face, (just because you use more and more doesnt mean all the pimples are going to be gone)

2.) Dilute with water, when using

3.) Concentrate ONLY on the specific area on which you want to banish away, as said it will dry other parts of your skin

Thats pretty much all i can say from my experience, but hope it works for you!

on 8/1/2014 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

So many uses - but one must be careful as the antimicrobial properties are strong.
Not crazy about the smell - but so great for acneic skin, cuts, nicks etc.
Also good in synergistic aromatherapy blends.

Popular Body Skincare Products