MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 3/27/2015 12:04:00 PM

I have been using studio fluid fix for over a year and I do really like it. this leaves a nice creamy look that's not too matte or too shiny it's a great balance. It does not irritate my skin at all I've gotten bored and have tried other foundations and I have regretted wasting money on other products. I always set this with a thin layer of the blotting powder and it leaves a great finish. I highly recommend this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I loved the way this foundation looked and felt on my skin. I have terrible acne scars and this covered them almost completely on it's own. Best quality foundation I've used so far. The lightest shade NC15 was a tiny bit too dark but blended into my complexion well after applying MAC Mineralize in light afterwards.
The only reason I will not be repurchasing this product is that my sensitive skin had an AWFUL breakout after wearing this. First time I wore it, I thought maybe I was just having a bad breakout ( it happens ofter ) but I wore this foundation again yesterday and I have ten or more new zits on my face since then. I would love to wear this foundation regularly but I just don't think my hyper sensitive skin can handle it. It's a shame because I reallyyyyyy liked it :,(

Would not recommend to anyone prone to acne when they wear certain foundations. Otherwise I would definitely consider buying!

If you have young, dewy, perfect and pore less skin then this is for you! But if you have dry skin, breakouts, or any skin imperfections this product could really highlight those. The coverage doesn't seem that great to me either, I've gotten better from drugstore foundations. And it's pricey. And unless you buy pump to go with it, it's annoying to get product out of glass bottle (like those old ketchup commercials where you have to smack the bottom). For me, not a win.

on 3/20/2015 2:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If you have oily, smooth skin then this would be a great match for you. It REALLY keeps skin matte, but if you have any dryness or flakiness (as I did, from Retin-A), then it's going to really accentuate that. You have to blend it really quickly because it dries pretty fast. Also, if you're applying with a typical foundation brush, you might end up with streaks because of how fast it dries. I used my fingers and it looked much better, and a sponge would probably work, too.

Personally, I didn't like the smell at all, it smelled too much like chemicals, but that's a personal preference sort of thing.

on 3/20/2015 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The smell is phenomenal. The coverage is amazing. The finish is perfect. I'm testing it currently and so far, my face has stayed matte despite my face being an oil slick. I will have to test it through sweat, but so far, when I showered with it on without rubbing it off, it has stayed on. Definitely my new HG.

on 3/19/2015 7:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have a love-hate relationship with this product, and I've used it on and off for a few years now. If you have smooth, normal skin, have a tan, and are looking for something with full coverage, ideal for photos/events, this could be great for you. But alas, if you are like me and don't fit the criteria above, let me explain why this may not be a good investment.

First of all, this will probably make you break out if you are oily, or breakout prone, intend to wear this for extended periods of time, or maybe are just a little lazy with your night-time skin routine. It's a thick product, and feels quite heavy, and I think that's a good sign you shouldn't leave it on for too long.

Secondly, it is very easy for this to look streaky and patchy when not applied correctly. It has a very orange undertone (my experience with NC27 & 25). Because of this, you need a a decent tan, a good brush, good lighting and time to make sure you cover your whole face, otherwise you'll regret having applied this at all. Forget about using it on-the-go (the packaging also makes it impractical as a carry bag product). On the plus side, when applied correctly, it photographs well.

If your skin isn't 'normal', here are some things to watch out for: you will get some oiliness happening after a few hours of wear. If you're like me and try to avoid this by powdering, unfortunately this foundation can look a little cakey. I don't know if this has been said before, but you can kind of tell when girls are wearing this foundation and they've set it with powder. It does not look natural.

Finally, a little DOES NOT go a long way, so this may be expensive for you over the long term. It doesn't blend well, as mentioned above, so I find myself using a lot more of the product than I'm used to.

That pretty much sums it up.

on 3/18/2015 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

At first, I loved this foundation, it was like my holy grail, great coverage, super matte finish, blended like a dream, just looked amazing on my skin. Then after a good long while like all the cons just started becoming more apparent to me, it broke me out like crazy! My mom always used to tell me she didn't like that foundation on me because she always used to see bumps on my face and stuff, but I didn't want to believe her. I was always like oh it's acne or something else. Then I sort of stopped using it and I would notice the bumps would subside and that's when I said okay this foundation is not doing good for me. I stopped using the foundation completely and I had a clear face, and I was so sad because I loved it and it was great but it didn't agree with my skin. This foundation does have a matte finish but like 2 hours later I was oily as you know what! Like I could literally take oil off my face and fry something with it! It does have a strong smell to it too, you could like blindfold me and make me smell a bunch a foundations and I can Identify the MAC foundation just by the smell. It's like a sort of factory, chemical, not nice smell and it lingered on my face once I applied it for 10 minutes or so. It is so strong, I really don't mind scents but for those people who do, this foundation is not for you. Also, it is super thick! I've had for like a year and in the beginning it was easy to get to because I would tilt the little bottle a bit and it would come out but once I started like hitting the bottom of the bottle it would take so long for it to come out. I had to tap it like 50 times for it to come out. The packaging for this foundation is not great. Overall, this foundation went downhill for me. I just don't think I will ever use it again because it broke me out.

on 3/18/2015 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It looks great and lasts all day but it makes me break out. If you don't have a pump, it's annoying to get the foundation out.

on 3/14/2015 2:15:00 PM

MAC Studio Fix Fluid shade: NW10
So this foundation is pretty good. From the beginning, i really REALLY loved this foundation. It has its pros and cons.
Pros: Coverage, Sort of long wearing, Smells amazing, amazing variety of shades for every undertone and skin tone.
Cons: sometimes breaks me out, breaks up around my nose and gets super shiny mid day.
Now don't get me wrong, i love this foundation from time to time but sometimes i don't love it. I have acne scarring and this covers it, i don't feel like it's cakey. My nose has patchy dry skin and this doesn't cling to it, it blends like a dream so that's a bonus. Make sure you set with a powder.

on 3/12/2015 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using this foundation for a few months now and I love it because it gives great coverage! It's thick and covers everything that I myself do not use a concealer because of the good coverage it gives. I also love how it lasts all day and night. But after using it for a while it has caused me to break out. So I recommend to invest in good cleansing products to take care of your skin. Also, it has a orangish color to it that I feel is noticeable at times which is one bad thing about it. When I went to the mac store she "matched" me, but didn't do a good job at it because I noticed it was too dark and I had to go down a shade. With that said, I don't really know how I feel about this foundation. I have yet to find a foundation that has good coverage like this one.