MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my usual day to day foundation, I've repurchased for years albeit in various different shades as the sales consultants mis-matched me a lot!
This is full coverage and can look and feel quite cakey. I use NC15 which is the lightest shade available in my country, but even this is too dark. Warning, it oxidises like mad, atleast on me it does anyway.
I've started mixing mine with mac strobe cream recently to make it more dewy and less cakey looking which seems to work a treat.
I really like the coverage which is why I continue to purchase and it does seem to last me a fair amount of time for the price.
Be aware it has SPF in it, therefore tends to leave a white cast on photos.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great foundation to have in your kit. Lasts all day. Full Coverage. Is abit hard to find a match, one shade is a bit too light the next up is oxidises too dark. I am nc15. I have repurchased this 3 times now because the quality and longevity is just that good. Works for both oily and dry skin in my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This foundation looked good initially, but oxidized BIG TIME and turned my face orange. I also made the mistake of accidentally sleeping with this on and woke up the next morning with new lines around my eyes. Bummer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I have great difficulty finding foundations that match my skintone, as I am very pale and have definite pink undertones, so anything even slightly yellow makes me look terrible. I am NW10 in this foundation and it is a perfect match - the most perfect match I've ever found!

This product is perfect for my very dry, eczema-prone skin. It seems to sit very kindly on my face, staying a little bit moist throughout the day rather than drying down completely flat. It gives a nice subtle glow to my skin, too. You do feel it on your face, so if you're looking for something that doesn't feel like foundation, then you won't find it here. It doesn't feel like a mask, but you can definitely tell that there's something on your face.

It lasts a decent amount of time, although it can start to separate on my upper lip after awhile, which is where I get very dry and some eczema.

The only thing that I hate is the smell. It's very chemical and strong, and even though I don't have sensitive skin, it isn't that pleasant.

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Felt very heavy on my face all day..made my face look oily..did not like it

This is a very high coverage foundation. Very. But I found this to be very cake. However, it's not so apparent in photographs. In fact, it photographs beautifully!. But when you look up close, you can see that there is something on your skin. Other than that, the foundation does have a long lasting power.
The shade range is versatile but the NC ranges can sometimes be too orangey. In the summer, I am usually matched too NC42. However even then, it can be orangey and in the winter its unusable. However NC40 oddly is pinky? and NC37 is too light for me although it has the yellow undertones I need. I don't think the shade range is too bad. In fact I notice Indian girls like myself gravitate towards MAC foundations because they offer multiple shades for yellow under tone skins! Most foundations lack that and it sucks.
I really think this is a great foundation for photographs if you are someone that is in desperate need for a high coverage foundation. This will do wonders there. It's one of the few foundations that doesn't have an awkward flashback. However, you definitely need to spend time color matching because MAC's color system is super confusing. It's definitely not the most useable foundation. I don't think I want to look like cake face all the time. I never purchased this foundation (only sampled multiple times) and definitely will not purchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is definitely among my favourite foundations. I'm in the shade NC 35 in the summer and NC 30 in the winter.

Pros:
- Great colour range
- Long lasting
- Medium build-able coverage
- Suits mature skin (my mother loves it)

Cons:
- A bit pricey
- Tends to oxidise (nothing that can't be fixed with some powder)
- No pump (a separate one could be bought)

I moisturise, put on primer and wait for it to set. Then, I apply this foundation with a foundation brush and tap it into my skin. I apply my Pro Long-wear concealer and set everything with MAC's sheer pressed powder. Then, I apply MAC's hydrating mist on top which takes about a minute to dry. It gives me the most gorgeous, luminous look ever. On my third bottle currently.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was quite skeptical about buying Mac foundation after hearing bad reviews from my friends. They have said that Mac foundation becomes quite orange when applied overtime, although great when applied for the first few uses. Also that it leaves a cakey finish.
Although, after hearing all the hype from make up artists about how well Mac Studio Fix Fluid works with oily skin, I decided to give it a go.
The price is for this foundation is $50 in Australia and I believe worth the price. You get a good amount of product. The packaging is ok, although the matte lid gets easily dirty and there is no pump which is disappointing.
The texture of the foundation is great, it applies smoothly and is medium to full coverage. There is no smell to this product which is great, and it leaves my skin feeling light but also gives it a matte finish.
The only bad thing about this foundation is that after 5+ hours, my face begins to look splotchy and feel dry around my nose and mouth.
Overall, it's a great product and will be re-purchasing.

ok so i normally dont write reviews but for this i really needed to. if you suffer or are prone to acne please do yourself a favour and stay away from this foundation it breaks you out like a total bitch i noticed some breakouts before i even got a chance to wash it of 5-6 hours later mostly on my chin n cheeks i was gutted as i really liked the finish n how it made my skin look but it is so not worth it save your skin seriously i wish i had been told that this n estee lauder double wear have literally messed my skin! they both are absolutely rubbish if you have acne. i am now using rimmel london perfect match foundation n have not noticed a single breakout n realised it was only because of the foundation i was using! i actually used to wear rimmel london back in high school and then went onto higher end brands but that was the worst thing i could have done when i was using rimmel london then it was probally the time my skin was best. i just had to share this as my skin gt really bad with this

I LOVE how this foundation makes my skin look (with a primer!!!). Smooth and not cakey. Large color range. The only bad thing is it can oxidize.... I bought one bottle and the whole bottle after 2 weeks decided to just started turning colors on my face. Sad.