September 1, 2014 | 1011 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain Miroir Shine Enhancing Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by lilacpriest

This is my third Kerastase shampoo that I have tried, and it's not the right one for me. I've written reviews on the other Kerastase products. Bain Miroir is still better than most shampoos out there, however. I've got thick, partially highlighted, long hair, and I need something that is more moisturizing. To be fair, I thought that I was buying the Miroir 2 which would have given me more moisture. The smell is nice and not overpowering. A bit like roses. I prefer the Oleo Relax shampoo, still. I think that my hair was shinier and softer with the Oleo Relax.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by pshopper1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this product on the basis that on the whole, the reviews were promising and that my hairdresser advised me to start to use a better quality shampoo.
My hair is colored, fine, and prone to being oilier at the roots and dry on the ends.
The shampoo is pretty concentrated and I used the recommend amount. I noticed that once I had rinsed it out, my hair felt a bit squeaky and not in a good way. I had to use a fair amount of conditioner to make it feel like it usually does.
After I had blow dried it and did all the stuff that I normally do to make it look good, it felt thinner than it had ever done. I am not sure that it has improved the texture and it doesn't look any shinier. It maybe that my kind of hair needs a bit more silicon on it to weigh it down. I have given the shampoo to my daughter.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo is ok, but I'm not sold. I mean it's not worth the money at all.

The good things about it...

It's very creamy and pleasant to use and hair feels soft and looks very shiny and healthy.

The only complaint about it (besides the price) is the smell. For such price tag I would expect a more distinctive and appealing smell....

A little goes a long way but still... it's way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2010 6:52:00 AM More reviews by HeleneSylvie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the only shampoo that I've EVER used that made a noticeable difference in my hair. I have shoulder-length, very fine/thin, dryish dyed hair (light brown -> light auburn), which is flat and dull on its own. With this shampoo, it's incredibly soft, noticeably shinier, and has absolutely no flyaway. It's very smooth. For my hair type, it's the perfect level of moisture, and I haven't noticed a difference in ends v. roots, or itchy/flaky scalp.

The smell is inoffensive, but not fabulous to me--obviously that's a personal preference. I really wish that it had a flip-top; I think I would use less of it that way. The price is definitely high (I paid $54 including shipping for a liter bottle), but my hair is so thin, I don't need a lot, and the bottle will probably last me a year washing every 2-3 days. I will say that it's supposed to be for "normal" hair, and my hair is on the dry side, so if you're normal to oily, this will probably be a bit much for you.

I would definitely re-buy and am now considering the matching conditioner (Chroma Reflect Milk) and Kerastase styling products

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2009 4:33:00 PM More reviews by jenncosmetix

I like this shampoo, not love. I have dry-normal hair that's japanese straightened and I have a moderately sensitive scalp. I found that this shampoo lathers well, smells good, rinses clean, doesn't leave residue and doesn't irritate my scalp. I have noticed an improvement in the smoothness and softness of my hair so I would give this product a 5 but it's just so expensive. = ( I admit I only shampoo 3 times a week and switch off between 1 other cleansing shampoo so it lasted me about 5 months.
I will probably purchase this again. The other shampoo I used and like was Pureology Hydrating Shampoo- I like the Kerastase better because it makes my hair softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 2:10:00 PM More reviews by MrsMiller

I have long, very thick hair which is in very good condition. it is naturally a light red/brown but coloured to a honey blonde.

No matter what kind of state my hair is in - dirty, full of product after a night out, unbrushed, sunbaked, over-straightened - this shampoo stands up to it. I can literally wet my unbrushed hair under the shower, massage it into a lather and then rinse and all product and tangles seem to rinse down the drain with it.

Leaves my hair with a lovely shine, is kind to my colour, smells gorgeous and the packaging looks great in my bathroom. Its bloody expensive but worth every penny - especially great after a colour when hair can be a bit dryer. LOVE!!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2008 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Judyluvbear

I have straight fine hair (lots of it), and it made the roots extremely oily and the ends very dry! I also found that when I tried to style my hair with a curling Iron it did not hold the curl at all! I was not impressed with this product despite all the rave reviews. I am going to try the Bain Soliel since i heard that one basically protects your hair color as well and makes hair more manageable.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by smelliott

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

this works well, but it smells terrible. the cheap-drugstore-perfume smell is really overpowering in the shower as well as out. i have a half-full bottle that has been sitting in my shower for years now as i just can't deal with smelling like that day to day!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 11:10:00 PM More reviews by whirled

Love this shampoo! Smells heavenly and works very well with the masque which I use in place of a daily hair conditioner!

Bought the huge salon size bottle from Singapore and that huge bottle can last me for more than half a year of daily hair washing!

After I finish this, I am looking forward to try the Chroma Riche Shampoo next! Hopefully it is just as good, if not better!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/6/2008 10:10:00 AM More reviews by eky1

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm in the minority here. After years of on and off using the Bain satin range, I thought I would give this a go as the summer had started to take it's toll on my coloured hair and I fancied something to give it a bit more shine. This product gave me dandruff and even a few spots on my scalp. I switched shampoo for a while to see if it would make a difference and sure enough as soon as I started using a different shampoo, my hair went back to normal.
Today I tried the Bain Miroir again and the dandruff is back. I didn't care for the smell much either. Will go back to Bain Satin.