July 23, 2014 | 1823 users online

Crème - Elizabeth Arden - Ceremide Plump Perfect Makeup spf15 [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 7:20:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got a sample of this when I purchased an 8 hr skin cream protectant kit (with a tube, 2 lip balms and a cute box which I now use to store necklaces :) ). I loved it so much that I used it exclusively through the winter 2 years ago. I never used to wear foundation and I found it quite useful as a concealer and it gave me good coverage for undereyes, redness, blemishes. Once I finished it - and it took a long time, because a little goes a long way for this product - I promptly went to repurchase. I use the shade "Buff" and it is very close to my winter skin tone and spreads like a dream. It is slightly on the pricey side, but lasts forever. I recently had bad skin period and I used foundation every outing and it gives pretty good coverage and doesn't irriate my skin. Also the last few years, my skin changed from dry to combination and this foundation works wonderfully. The only thing is, my t zone gets oily and some matte powder and blotting tissues will work. The packaging feels luxe and I don't mind dipping into the bottle. What I do is, I take a spatula and put some product in the small sample jar which I kept. That way, I don't have to keep dipping into the big jar all the time. Overall, will repurchase. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2012 4:54:00 PM More reviews by misskerryk

This looked fantastic at the counter, and having a very difficult skintone to match, i thought it was my miracle product. After going home and wearing it to school the next day, I checked my face in the mirror about halfway through the day. It looked disgusting. It was cakey and no amount of blotting or powder could fix it. It comes off on EVERYTHING. After wearing it for 3 days, my face was completely broken out all over. Its so disappointing to spend all this money and have it be a complete let down

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2012 4:12:00 PM More reviews by Troysy

My skin has changed dramatically in the last year from very oily to combination/dry. I am very pale (MAC NC15 or lighter with yellow undertone). This foundation has helped with the dryness and isn't at all heavy for a cream. No breakouts and not heavily perfumed.

The colour I used is 'Ecru' and it doesn't oxidise at all. Using primer and powder, it easily wears all day with just touch ups when I blow my nose.

I don't like the jar though. I have found the best application with a blender sponge or stippling and buffing with a finishing brush. I have large open pores and this really did disguise them.

Wouk definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by Plinko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I asked for a sample of this on a whim. I have extremely dry skin and am now bracing for winter's worst. I thought a creme foundation would provide extra hydration. At first, I applied it with my foundation brush and found the coverage very mask-like and unattractive. The next day, I applied it ever so lightly with a clean finger and was shocked at how very little I needed to cover my redness and blue veins. It spread beautifully, and I was pleased with the not quite matte, not quite dewy finish. I've been using the sample for about a week, and still have plenty left. My skin is hydrated and seems less dull. I would imagine that a full jar would last ages.

Elizabeth Arden seems to be a brand that is largely ignored by women in my age group, but they have some lovely products, and this is just wonderful. I think I'm going to have to scratch up some cash and splash out on this.

Well, I picked up a jar today, and although the display said "plump perfect", the jar says "Ultra Lift and Firm" makeup. The product in the jar is the same as the sample I was given. Maybe the product was re-named?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 9:24:00 AM More reviews by snjlowe

This is a heavy coverage but I really like it for an evening foundation. It evens out my freckled/splotchy skin better than any other foundation I have ever tried...and believe me I've tried a lot! It does look heavy under florescent lighting so I don't wear it to work. Still, I really like this product for when I want to look my best!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in samples from my friend who was a counter manager for Arden, and I love the color! The lightest shade is pretty spot on for my very fair skin. This covered well...but felt very think and slightly oily on, and did not stay put.I always applied this with a sponge.This might be just the right thing for someone with drier, more aged skin, but my very oily skin needs something it can breathe through.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by xlucyxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS! It doesnt oxidize to a darker color. I'm NC15, and have been having the most difficult time trying to find a foudnation light enough for me. i cant use MAC cuz they break me out. Almost every foundation I'ved tried so far breaks me out except for Revlon colorstay and Everyday Minerals! But this fioudnation in the lightest color matches nicely and oxidizes a little but barely noticeable. Compared to the other foundations I've tried. This is by far my HG. However i hate the jar packaging. It's a pain to get the product out and it makes a mess when u try to close the bottle. It is on the pricey side but it's worth it. My skin is very sensitive and acneprone and this didnt break me out! =)
    Will re-purchase!

Almost every foundation I'ved tried so far breaks me out except for Revlon colorstay and Everyday Minerals.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Ruskydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a beautiful foundation. I'm in my mid thirties with dry skin, and it gives a lovely amount of coverage, hides my open pores and stays on all day (when used over a primer).

My only problem; why a jar? Yuk. Put in a bottle, Elizabeth Arden, with a pump dispenser so it doesn't yet mucky. Silly people. What were you thinking?

Great foundation, though, so I bought a foundation brush so it doesn't get contaminated with finger-dirt, dust, flying mice or what-have-you. Will definitely be buying again.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by emsyemsy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product really didn't work for me. On my skin it constantly oxidised in a way I have never experienced with other brands I've used (Christian Dior, Lancome etc). On the rare times it did not oxidise it never really acheived a great colour match to my skin- always an unpleasant orange hue remained. For the price point of this product the packaging felt really cheap, being made of plastic, and did not travel well. Would strongly recommend testing this a few times prior to purchase to see if it works with your skin so as not to make a costly mistake.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by kegrilovessmu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this foundation, but I won't buy it. I got a sample of it, and I'll use it up on days I'm not working. It has a great color match for me (I don't use mac, but I'd guess I'd be an NC15, perfect match in Clarins Everlasting 104) I got this in Vanilla. This seems to be pretty moisturizing, which would be great for dry skin gals, unfortunately I'm oily. So, this foundation definately feels greasy on me! I have two young kids and am home with them a lot... They are pretty much wearing most of it by the end of the day, so this is definately not transfer proof! The coverage is good, but not complete. If you have stuff to hide, you will need a concealer. So, if you have dry skin, not much to hide, and older kids or no kids... This would be an excellent choice for you!