November 28, 2014 | 1291 users online

Scrubs - Cosmedicine - Medi-morphosis Self Adjusting Exfoliator

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by lestrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was a great scrub. The particles were very fine, and made my skin feel nice and smooth after. Didn't notice any other changes. I don't know if my product was old or something, but this had a very odd scent, which is the main reason why I don't intend to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:55:00 AM More reviews by soylocita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best scrubs I have used. I switched to it from Kiehl's Epidermal exfoliator, because the Cosmedicine Meta-Morphosis has finer scrub particles, is gentler on the skin, while leaving the skin equally soft and smooth. It is also cheaper than some of the other high-end exfoliators (Kiehls, Laura Mercier, etc). So, all things considered, I would definitely repurchase it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gentle scrub, works very well with my Olay brush and doesn't overscrub my skin. I use it once a week to gently exfoliate my lips too. Like the other Cosmedicine products it's pricey but I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2011 10:32:00 AM More reviews by catjacarol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so-so. I use it when I forget to charge my Clarisonic and don't want to go without exfoliating. If anyone has active acne/blemishes, stay away from this or any other scrub. If you have pimples, scrubs will ONLY make them worse, no matter what the package or sales person says. This should be used on skin that is basically blemish free as a maintenance. I do like that I can use it over my lips, because I think that exfoliating the lips can keep them looking healthy, young and supple...

Overall, I think this is a fair product, but I would only purchase it if I can find it on sale or at a TJ Maxx or some other discount store.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

really wish i'd gotten a tester before making the purchase (of the full size, no less.) was talked in to this product by a sephora sales assistant as i was looking for an effective, non drying scrub. this sale is precisely why i no longer listen to sephora sales associates.

after using this product (the same tube) for almost 3 years now, i can safely say that for my particular skin type, this scrub isn't for me.

every time i use this scrub i end up breaking out a few days later. despite claiming that the granules will "dissolve" as you exfoliate, i do not find this to be the case. when i do not have active (or indeed any) breakouts and use this product, my skin develops at least one very painful cystic pimple and several other smaller ones (equally as painful.) not sure what to make of the film it leaves behind on the skin either.

this product may suit other skin types better, and it certainly does the job as a scrub, but unfortunately this is far too pricey, problem causing, and ineffective for me to continue using as a facial scrub. will probably end up using the rest of it on my feet, elbows, and knees prior to late night moisturizer routine. seems a shame to waste it that way but i want to get my money's worth out of this tube.

my advice? get a tester first! try it a few times and give it a few days before you buy - i certainly wish i had. my skin type didn't even fall in to the categories of those advised to avoid this product and it still didn't end up working out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2011 5:18:00 AM More reviews by manlhk

In simple words, a gentle exfoliator. The particle is really tiny in which when I messaged it on face, it did not cause my irritation.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 5:08:00 PM More reviews by DiaphanousAer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though it's pricey, works great!!! I'd buy again since it lasts long despite the costs. Sephora had this on sale for half off and now is currently out of stock. I've given the smaller 1.35oz to family and they love it as well. I'm stocking up since I'm not sure if there will be more inventory now that the parent company is out of business.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:49:00 AM More reviews by MissBaseball

Fantastic Product! I am really bad about skipping from one product to the next on a whim, and this is one of the only things in my cache that I just won't change. I have been using this for 2 years. I use it twice a week and I'm just finishing up my second tube of it - at $12 each at Sephora, you really get the bang for your buck. If you don't feel that it has enough scrubbing action then use it on a dry face - you can add a little water to your fingertips after a minute or so. Otherwise, I usually just do in the shower after washing my face. I LOVE how the beads dissolve once you have scrubbed enough. Make sure to use a good moisturizer afterwards, as you would with any scrub. You should definitely buy this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff and so does my boyfriend. It DOES adjust and it's a smoother exfoliator, not gritty, But it does the job. And for someone who scrubs her face with scrubby mits and super abrasive cleansing puffs, I use this without any of the harsh extras. You can find it at TJMaxx and Marshells if you look hard enough. I got the big tube for 5 bucks. Can't beat that deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2010 8:38:00 AM More reviews by missmei

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Great exfoliator! It has tiny beads that are gentle but get the job done. I went a tad crazy with it though so be careful not to overuse it. I was doing it daily at one stage because it did such a great job in the first few days. You don't need to press hard with this one - the gentler the better. Great for acne prone skin but again - do not overdo it! Learn from my mistake! It made me acne worse because my skin was dehydrated as well as inflamed. Eek.