October 23, 2014 | 2008 users online

Bronzers - Sugar Cosmetics - Tropic Tan Blush and Bronzer Duo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like this duo. The size is very generous (perfect for a fluffy brush) and the colors are flattering and natural. The blush is like a tamed-down version of NARS Orgasm, and the bronzer isn't too brown, orange or shimmery (in other words, just right). This is an easy choice for simply glowing skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by TeenBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sugar Cosmetics are now discontinued at Sephora & Ulta! I like the pink blush part of this duo. I first use my one matte bronzer (I don't like the shimmery bronzer that comes with) & then apply the blush on my cheeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by kerrilberri

Like so many out there, I too love this bronzer. I just went back to Sephora today and I am repurchasing my third one. I wanted to try something different so I spent about an hour in Sephora testing different bronzers today and ultimately decided this is still the best one for me. I agree with those who claim the blush is a bit too sparkly. The color is great with my kin tone but I am not crazy about so much sparkle. Also, it does not last as long as the bronzer. It seems to melt in to my skin after an hour or so....But the bronzer is perfect, lasts all day without steaking even on my very oily skin. I use it all year long!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Adrianka88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So I bought this for the packaging itself! lol I couldnt resist it was so large and sturdy, I tried not to but gave in at Ulta. Really like the blush very beautiful pigmented color. On the other hand the bronzer...just not for me...maybe I havent tried hard enough but Im just not digging the shade because Im so light this makes me look streaky...I need to use this only where the sun would hit and VERY lightly...overrall its great. I dont think ill ever finish this but if i will ill purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first blush/bronzer duo and I'm in love with it. They both blend wonderfully and the colors couldn't be more perfect. The blush is a bright, shimmery, peachy-pink, VERY similar to Nars Orgasm but with less gold. The blush is highly pigmented, so you only need one swipe unlike my Nars blush which I have to swipe 3 times or so. This duo is completely fool-proof. The compact is huge so you get a great amount of product, but this isn't one you'll want to throw in your makeup bag for on-the-go touch-ups.

If you are fair-skinned, this product is not for you. The bronzer and blush are almost identical to individual products I use regularly and I'm pretty tan. Best on tan, golden, or medium complexions. This product is simply getting poor reviews from girls who are too fair for these colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by buttercup9386

I bought this instead of the Nars orgasm/laguna duo because this was a better deal. I have peachy-fair skin that can handle most shades of blush and lipstick, but this stuff looks so unnatural on me. The shades themselves are a little orangey/coral (too dark for a product that only comes in one option) and the formula does NOT blend well. I find myself constantly trying to rub it off to look more natural. So now I have a ton of a product I don't like, instead of a little less of one I did. Let this be a lesson!
The packaging is quite nice though, and I use the thick, sturdy compact as a mirror for my desk.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by longhairdreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this on a recent trip to sephora.I was looking for Cargo's bronzing set.More for your money.Cargo's medium bronzer is perfect on my skin.Well i looked around and saw Sugar's blush bronzer duo.It looked alot like cargo's bronzer I used before.So I bought it and hoped for the best.Turns out its almost identical on my skin as cargo's! Plus the blush is great too.a beautiful pink.And thats no easy feat on my yellow based skintone.Plus its huge.Even bigger than cargo's big bronzer.I will definitely buy again.Yet another good thing about its literally foolproof.It may go on dark but sinks in and looks more subtle after time.A primer would remedy this for those who want it brighter longer.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2008 1:18:00 PM More reviews by NinjaKiwi

I am white as a gallon of skim milk <-- Ha. Ive had terrible expierences with bronzers and I dont want to look tan, I dont want to be tan, I just want a natural looking somehwat rush of light color, and I absolutely LOVE sugar cosmetics & whatnot so decided to give it a whirl, eh, no. Again. I looked brown & crispy like the people in the tanning beds. Blush was cute though.

Ily sugar products.
Make a bronzer for people with pale skin.
Like a light pale pink & shimmer brown.
Nothing over whelming. Sha.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by NyreeA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this blush and bronzer combo. This is one of the best bronzers I have ever used. The color is beautiful. I like to use the blush alone, the bronzer alone and also layer them for different looks.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2007 10:35:00 PM More reviews by nyork

I definetly LOVE this. The perfect bronzer ever. I must say that I tried every bronzer on the market and this is by far the best one! The bronzer is awesome and makes my skin glowy,

I also have NARS Laguna/ Orgasm duo, I choose Tropic Tan duo over NARS.

I also love the price. While price of NARS duo is 25$ for 10gr, this one is 28$ for 16gr.

LOVE IT!