August 29, 2014 | 1846 users online

Eyeliner - Christian Dior - Style Liner - Intense liquid Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2014 9:05:00 AM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

The BEST black liquid eyeliner, pure graphic 1960s kittenish sophistication, and the only one to give a precise, opaque line on my lids. Once dry it doesn't crack, smudge, or fade, including on my bare skin, which can get oily. It also applies evenly over eyeshadow, which my NARS liquid liner pen does not. Working with the fine tip brush has a learning curve but the results are worth the effort of practicing. I've worn a thick cat eye for most of the last seven years and gone through about five bottles of Style Liner. I would consider anything else wasted money that should have gone towards this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 3:58:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I really like this liquid eyeliner. It stays put for the most part, (unless you rub your eyes), it's a glossy black, & an intense black (which I like). The one & only reason I gave this 3/5 stars is because of the price. This little eyeliner is $36 I believe, (with tax it comes out to about $40). The price for this is absoloutley RIDICULOUS. I mean, yes this is a good liquid eyeliner...but really no better than any drugstore liquid eyeliner I've used before, to be quite honest. The bottle does last a long time....but really, $36? Give me a break, Dior. I almost pay JUST as much for my foundation, as I do for this liquid eyeliner. Overall, this is good...but will I buy again? Most likely not because I don't like to get ripped off.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2013 12:02:00 PM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My favorite eyeliner. Does excactly what I expect: nice clean line, nice clean black, not too glossy, not painlike matte either. Just perfect. Compact and lasts forever.

I have gone through maybe 5 of these in the last 10 years and have been very happy with it. I got the Guerlain liquid eyeliner last time (the one in the glass bottle), because this one was sold out. The SA at Sephora told me that the Guerlain one was just as good, but better value because the bottle is bigger. It's ok, but not nearly as good as this one.

I will not stray again, this is the one for me. I would really like a graphite sort of shade, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by yyou

Love the consistency and opacity of this eyeliner and I love the fineness of the applicator tip. For someone with small lids this is excellent, it has excellent staying power and lasts throughout the day without smudges. Better than Stila and Urban Decay's liners in my opinion.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by jocexdarlingg

Dior never fails to dissapoints. the brush is a thin felt tip and it lines my top lid with the perfect thin line that can be extended and fixed by any mistakes. the product is fool proof so if you make a small mistake, you can easily use a small qtip and gently wipe it off. another thing about this product is how darkly pigmented it is. the color is truly intense but it does crease after a while so it needs to be reapplied throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by cynderz

My favorite liquid liner! The brush allows for precision lining whether thin or a little thicker. Lasts all day without smudging at all! I've tried other liquid liners and so far none compare. Just finished my last of the styleliner amd definitely going to purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by anorakcity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My absolute favorite eyeliner. I find that the Dior eyeliner pen is a little easier to apply than this, and more convenient, but also more costly for a smaller amount of product... so the Styleliner wins (if you don't leave your Styleliner cap too unscrewed and the entire product dries out *facepalm*).

The consistency of the product is perfect (not too thick, not too fluid) and applies smoothly without either leaking into your eyeballs or tugging at your skin. Once applied the product stays put and doesn't smear or flake- the two problems with liquid eyeliner that normally plague me so. My eyelids are pretty oily and some other "strong" liquid liners haven't worked out (Urban Decay eyeliner makes me look like Courtney Love, or worse yet, Courtney Love's blind grandma).

The price can be pretty steep so when I'm on a budget (aka always) I opt for Bourjois's Liner Clubbing which also has the staying power I need but doesn't look *quite* as pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by UnleashDarkness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My mom got this for her but since she doesn't use liquid eyeliners she gave this to me and I adore it.The thing I love the most is it's staying power it says on forever.The packaging is really pretty I love the silver colour.Another point is it's glossiness which I wasn't really loving it at first but got used to it later also you can go over it with a pencil liner to get the matte look.The downside is it's price which is to expensive but hey it's Christian Dior what do you expect.Would buy it again if I get some extra cash.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 4:23:00 AM More reviews by fiby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in pale blue from a sale and I really like the formula, brush and the package itself. Also the color is perfect when I (for once) have tanned a bit :) Would love to try this in other colors as well!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:56:00 AM More reviews by amyeom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Everyone is familiar with dial-up products so that aspect was pretty obvious; twist the bottom to increase flow of product. But I didn't find the miniscule directions in the box very helpful when it came to putting the pen itself together for use for the first time, because when you first open it, the applicator brush is not visible. At first I thought mine was broken or missing that piece.

When nothing magical happened after removing the safety ring -- dial still seemed locked and brush was still missing -- I wondered if the brush wasn't a seperate piece that had gotten stuck in the cap. Hoping to dislodge it, I then replaced and removed cap and Voila! All of a sudden the built-in brush popped out from the stem containing the liquid.

I don't see why they couldn't just say in the long-winded, irrelevant directions, quite simply:

1. Pull ring
2. Replace and remove cap

Thankfully you only have to do this that first initial time, as once you have activated the release of the brush it stays put and the whole pen design from brush to dial is GENIUS. I normally do not like eyeliner on me because I can never get a thin enough line to look natural. I would like to enhance my light eyes, but at the same time I don't want it to look like I've drawn a ring around them.

The last Calvin Klein pen I had, more like a fine-tipped magic marker, was "okay" (as in better than pencil), but I mainly only was buying again because that sucker lasted forever and I figured was as good as it could get. I'm so glad Sephora stopped carrying it so I could try Dior Liquid!! I was skeptical about the brush at first, as the brush that so many of the jar-style liquids I had tried in the past always seemed to distort the shape of either one eye or the other with the big bold incorrectable lines they produced -- a problem Dior has solved not just in the ingenius pen design, but even the tapered brush itself.

Hands-down, BEST EYELINER EVER. The user has total control in how thick or thin to apply the product, as well as how much or little of product itself they want to apply. And this pen brush gets ALLLL the way into the lash line becoming completely invisible if you want!! You just look like you have more defined features, not more defined caked-up make-up on your face. It is AWESOME. And the effect you get when combining this product with DiorShow Mascara is outstanding. These products were clearly designed to enhance each other. I hope they never change!