October 31, 2014 | 1520 users online

Hair Color - Water Works - Permanent Powder Hair Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2012 3:12:00 AM More reviews by redmakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Works like it says it will. I use it to color my hair back after highlights and I don't need to pre-fill it at all. Looks natural and has no odor or burning sensation. Also covers grey nicely too. Hard to find the whole color range. Sally's Beauty only has the darker shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 7:04:00 AM More reviews by maajake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For the last year I've been buying only this hair colr and it's great. It's the second most natural hair dye after henna and way better. I use the black color and itmakes my hair really shiny and last long.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2010 12:13:00 AM More reviews by sjkr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay so I used this for the first time today, the Fire Red color. I mixed 1/3 of a bottle of protein filler in with as well and my color is beautiful! I have very thin, damaged hair and my hair is now really soft and has absolutely no weird smell like it usually does when I dye my hair at home! That was awesome because usually I dye my hair when I have a day to sit around and not go out, but today I had no worries about leaving the house! The mixture wasn't as runny as I thought it was going to be, but it was hard to do this on my own with having to use a brush and all. I ended up taking a plastic spoon and spooning it onto my hair and spreading it around haha! Maybe I should have purchased a squeeze bottle. But also after spending about 10 mins. applying and checking to make sure I got all of my hair I only had to leave it on for about another 10-15 mins, so it took a lot less time than other box dyes I've used. I can't wait to see how long this lasts, because I've heard it lasts a long time! If it does I'll be sure to repurchase and keep using, and hopefully be able to perfect my technique. The only other downside was that I can't find this in stores anywhere so when I purchased it, the price was like $5 but I had to pay another $5 for shipping...but it will be totally worth it if this color lasts!
Update: The color didn't last any longer than my previous dye, I used Herbal Essences after using this and my color lasted WAY longer and I will be trying Feria Copper Shimmer next...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 12:48:00 PM More reviews by CountessTara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this product! I have naturally blonde hair and it rejects dye! I have tried everything out there to keep my hair black, and they all wash out within a week leaving me with an auburn/brown color. I tried this color on my boyfriend first (naturally dark brown hair) and it worked like a dream - so I tried it on myself - it has been 3 weeks now and my hair is a beautiful natural looking shade of black.
Another pro - you are not left to suffer with inhaling that horrible developer smell when applying the color! That always used to give me headaches, even in a well ventilated room, but with this product I didn't notice any chemical smell.

The only con I found with this product is the small amount of product you receive in the package. I agree with other reviewers - you will need two boxes to equal up to one normal box of dye. I have mid to long length hair (about 2 inches past my shoulders) and I used 3 boxes in order to cover it all.

My HG of hair color! Worth the price of 3 boxes if it keeps my hair looking this way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 1:43:00 PM More reviews by owwlala

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Add water, mix, apply. Easy enough right? Water should be WARM otherwise its hard to mix, consistency is runny, you need two boxes to equal one average size color of any other brand, and there ARE damaging products included in the ingredients list.... well those are the CONS, but the PROS really outweigh them hands down, why...? WW is very highly pigmented which means good grey coverage but you need two boxes to do the job of any other hair color. Results are lasting with very little fading and minimal damage. Color selection is good and most shades have a NEUTRAL base so there's no red, gold or ash (green) undertones. Application is very similar to using a Henna but this is NOT a Henna, its just a dehydrated form of Color and Peroxide.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2006 3:34:00 PM More reviews by monique83

really liked this brand... excellent results with no damage that i can see...will use again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by sybsters

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I left this on for close to an hour, and it practically rinsed right out. MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT.

I'll stick to Bigen, thanks continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2006 7:22:00 AM More reviews by JanC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am so impressed with Water Works haircolor! My hair is super soft and shiny after using Water Works. I tried the medium auburn shade and it's beautiful. I have stubborn grays and Water Works covered them all. I really love Water Works haircolor. My husband can't stand the smell of hair dye while it's processing and Water Works doesn't smell so he loves this product. Sally's carries Water Works but our Sally's doesn't carry any of the red shades so I order it online. Water Works is on sale at Sally's for $3.29 a box. I can't believe how shiny and conditioned my hair feels. A big thank you to Kathy123 for emailing me about Water Works.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Kathy123

Since the age of 18, majority of my hair has been gray. I had to always look for a gentle hair color that does not make my hair fall out or damage it. Unfortunately, majority of hair colors contain peroxide and ammonia and the damage is attributed to these two harsh elements. Through searching for a gentle haircolor, I came across Water Works. I did a lot of research re the elements in this product and found no harsh chemicals. Some say that this could be a duplication of henna, but the difference is that this does not leave a green shade in your hair like henna does. The price for each box is about $4.50 to $5.00. The box includes a bottle of powder and a measuring cup. No gloves and conditioner are enclosed. The instructions are clear and i suggest that you follow it step by step.

The first time that I used WW, I had to use three bottles. I applied it to all of my hair, which is thick and long. However, when I do my roots, I do not sue more than a bottle. My hair has never been so silky and healthy. The best thing of all is that it does not fall out as it did whenever I used other hair color products.

You could use any conditioner that you want after coloring and shampooing your hair. I tried L'Oreal Nature's Therapy, Mega Moisture, and my hair turned into the silkiest set of hair that I have ever seen or touched.

Highly recommended.