July 29, 2014 | 1262 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Ultra Chi by Farouk

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by Annawatsonnnn

I absolutely love love love this staightener! I have have had this for about 6 years now! My mom bought it for me and I use it about 3-4 times a week! It is abut pricey but it's a great product! I recommend that you buy this and you won't be disappointed!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

I purchased this at Ulta for $69.99? Originally $99, I had 20% off coupon and used my reward points for an additional discount. It's the beautiful spring hot pink floral paisley pattern. Ultra CHI Chic Paisley 1 Inch Ceramic Flat Iron. I have pretty straight asian hair and I was looking an effective method to curl it. After my friend used her Chi on successfully curing my hair I bit the bullet and purchased a Chi at Ulta.

This heats up fast and is pretty powerful for my already straight, thick, course hair.

There's a learning curve to curl with a straightener but once you get the hang out if you can curl your hair pretty fast depending on how long your hair is. My hair is mid waist right above my but. Once I section my hair, it takes me about 15 minutes to curl my whole head and my curls lasts forever. It can last up to a week if I don't wash my hair.

My only complaint is that it doesn't have a heat adjustment because sometimes it's TOO hot for my hair.

My next straightener will have a heat adjustment.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by onebeautifullife2013

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this flat iron! Glides through hair smoothly. Leaves very little frizz. Absolutely gorgeous colors to choose from! Awesome warranty! Heats up quickly! Does not leave heated smell, or fills the bathroom with a burning odor. I am very happy with my purchase. Got mine for 100 dollars at ulta! Very happy :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2013 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Remykat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Stopped working less than 9 months after the purchase. The store did not accept an exchange or credit and referred me to the company instead :(

It wasn't a contact point issue with the cord because I was very careful with the storage.

I am so bummed because this was a good iron. I hope I just got a lemon.

My first CHI went 8 years strong, my Sedu less than 3, and now this.

Keep your receipt, ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Sdmarylou

I understand why this product is so pricey. It's expensive because its a great product. I had been using a Remington straightener for years but wanted something smaller to be able to curl with. Bought this one for around $100. I have long, coarse, wavy hair and it takes me 10 minutes to do my whole head. The ceramic plates make it glide through your hair like butter.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahjohanna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After having a Sedu for 4 or 5 years I decided to get a new iron. I have to say, as durable and long-lasting as my Sedu was, Chi does give better results. My hair is shinier and the ends look less fried than with my Sedu. I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by katyd316

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought a wide variety of straighteners over the years...but I have never used one as amazing a this Chi. I held out for a long time because I didn't want to spend the money, but Santa brought me one this year, and I will never go back. It gives me amazing straight hair...or great curls. And my favorite is a slight wave, which I have been trying to get forever. Love, love love it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by KelseyP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my third flat iron, the first was a cheapie drug store (no use for this at all, made my hair looked seriously fried) a midrange priced one that did an okay job - but this makes my hair look gorgeous. Smooth, silky and very quickly does the job - I don't like that you can't adjust the heat at all, and for the price it looks a little junkily put together but it does a wonderful job. It gets a 4 because it's ridiculously priced at $159.00 but I got mine on sale for $99.00 so I guess that's better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 3:11:00 PM More reviews by kathyworth

This flat iron is amazing, period. Works very, very well. Would never buy any other kind. Girls, don't waste your $$ on the cheapies! I bought mine at least 5 years ago and it shows no sign of wear or slowing down. Worth every penny.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I just bought this flat iron today and it's great! I got the darling dots one, that came with two CHI nail polishes and heat proof bag. Not only are the freebies great, but the design on the flat iron is adorable!

Besides that, I love this flat iron. I believe it's the only one in the CHI line as of now that has tourmaline & ceramic plates.

With this flat iron you can curl, straighten, flip, do anything! It's great.

The reason it dropped a star is that you can't control what temperature you want it to be on, and it only heats up to 392 degrees I think.

Other than that, I love this flat iron!