December 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Liquid - Cover FX - Cover FX - Natural FX

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Sarahsofia8919

This foundation is currently my new HG!! Very excited to say that! I have very sensitive skin so it's very important to invest in a good foundation that doesn't irritate your skin! All drug store foundations and MAC foundations break my skin out like crazy. I use to wear the Estée Lauder double wear (didn't break me out, great coverage, & long lasting) but I was in the mood to try something new. The Cover FX is paraben free, oil free, and ultimately the most natural looking foundation I have ever used! I am currently using the shade in N35 which is a neutral fair-medium color. The foundation is build-able, and very easy to blend, which ultimately let's you achieve the coverage you want. For me, since I have many acne scars from cystic acne, I like to have full coverage. The best part is that it leaves you with a natural, non-cake face look! I noticed a lot of people complaining about dewiness, which can be avoided if you set your facial makeup with setting powder or a translucent. Overall it's a great foundation, with great coverage that doesn't give the cake face look. Definitely recommend for people who don't have oily skin though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by Kayt8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

In the past I've found it hard to find foundation light enough for my skin. This isn't a perfect foundation - I've yet to find that for myself - but the E0 (they've changed to N10 I believe) is the closest I've found to my perfect colour. It's slightly pink for a neutral, but I have a warm-ish translucent powder that seems to even it out. Colour wise, the E0 is a shade lighter than Chanel Perfection Lumiere in 012, which was a little dark and a little pink for me.

This foundation is potent and thick. I've been using this for the better part of five years (have deviated here and there) and learned early on I had to dilute it. I have oily (but sensitive) skin, so I tone and moisturize and then apply my foundation-mix. I use a 1:1 ratio of Cover FX E0 and L'Oreal BB cream in Fair. Sometimes I mix it with Le Blanc de Chanel instead. Then I set with powder and a homemade rosewater spray. After a few hours I'll get a bit shiny on my forehead, but that's what blotting paper is for and it happens no matter what foundation I wear. Using milk of magnesia on my t-zone seems to help as well.

I keep returning to this product and, until I find my perfect foundation, I will probably continue to do so!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cycle through foundations like crazy because I've never found the right one, but I'll stick with this one for a while. I'm extremely fair and the lightest shades are pale enough for me, which is rare! It is pretty thick so the previous reviewer's suggestion to use a damp sponge is a good one. I want sheer coverage -- hey, I love my freckles! -- and if you don't take care, this product would be far too thick. Be careful to massage the tube a bit each time you use it because the water separates from the pigment.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by adrianalaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible foundation. When i first put this on, it looked amazing but throughout the day, it came off easily (for example if i scratched my face, the foundation was all on my hand). I had tried wearing it with and without a setting powder but it made no difference. My skin is more on the dry side and when i wear other foundations, I don't get oily throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MamaSher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went to SDM today to try this. I have rosacea and my skin is super sensitive. This felt drying and turned orange/scaly. I would rather have red cheeks then the look this stuff gave me. I returned the tube without even opening since I was so disappointed with the sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by rthibode

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second tube of this foundation. I have normal skin (neither dry nor oily) but I do have melasma which requires a high-coverage foundation.

I also have to wear high spf mineral (physical) sunscreen under it, so I don't use the primer. Just sunscreen, foundation, creme blush, then powder (also Cover FX, or sometimes Jane Iredale).

I do not touch up during the day and find it lasts very well in all seasons, but it will rub off on clothing (e.g., winter coat that rubs on my chin/jaw).

For me, the trick with this foundation is to apply with a very damp sponge. It is sold as a liquid foundation but it's very pigmented and will go on too thick if the sponge is too dry. Unlike with other liquid foundations, I don't blot the sponge with a towel, just squeeze out the water lightly with my fingers. Sometimes I dampen the sponge then dip it into a little inexpensive moisturizer like Cetaphil before using. I then squeeze a bit of the foundation onto the back of my hand and then dip the sponge into it as needed.

Because I try very hard not to disturb the sunscreen underneath, I just press and stipple the sponge, never dragging across my skin. For areas that need more coverage, I can build up layers by just stippling a bit more into the area.

I can also get good results with fingers but prefer the finish with a sponge. I never got the hang of foundation brushes and haven't tried using one with this product.

As someone else noted, this product will separate, especially if it's warm. Shake well and/or massage the tube before using.

The only other problem is that in some areas it can be a little cakey (e.g., around my nostrils). This only happens with certain mineral sunscreens so it's not the foundation's fault. But I think it you had very dry skin it might have the same effect on you.

I switched colours for my second tube and I'm really pleased with the match. My first tube was E20 and I found it orangey. I kept mixing other things with it and got pretty good matches until I used it up with various scraps of other leftover foundations. This time I tried a couple of samples first and found my perfect match is actually C20. What a difference! It looks so natural on me.

I am normally a big cheapskate but to me this product is worth the $37 I paid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A MUA recommended this to me in E30 (light skin with pink and yellow undertones). I let her know that I was quite oily and acne-prone and she reassured me that this would be suitable for my skin type.
How is it the first day I am wearing this and I hate it already? Upon squeezing it onto my hand I knew the consistency was much too creamy and tacky. I felt like it didn't quite blend well into my skin, though I had a light hand and applied it sparingly. Even with primer, powder and setting spray, it did not fair well throughout the day. From application at 7:30am, by the time I got to work at 9am...I was already oily!! Coverage is medium. A lot of transfer. I felt like this just has a dewy finish and it is definitely not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by shadowboxin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

someone at my work had this foundation and i looked up reviews for it and since they were all pretty positive, i went out and bought it for a solid 43$ canadian. i'm a e0, the lightest neutral shade. at first i was so extatic to try it and do my face with it.
At first i really loved it. it covered my whole face nicely and my imperfections ( i didn't have many ) too. My face is really sensitive to a lot of things so i thought this might be a good foundation to try and i can splurge 43 dollars on a good product. On top i would put clinique almost powder powder. in 01 fair. It looked nice and didn't orange at all. The foundation really didn't need a lot to go all onto your face.
This is my third bottle of the foundation and (before i guess i didn't exactly care) I don't like how it makes my face so oily during the day... It's kind of disgusting especially because my face is not oily at all without makeup on. I would find my t-zone oily halfway through my shift at work, and when walking around in the sun I would find my makeup starting to get oily walking around for even ten minutes. Thus i found myself applying powder foundation on top of my face a lot during the day , which made my powder last only 2 weeks at most, and i kept adding makeup to my face which my face didn't exactly like , either.
Also, when i'm applying the makeup and i'm done my foundation, i finish applying makeup to my eyes and usually put powder on after. I find this stuff NEVER DRIES. It's so hard to put on powder because my brush bristles will move the liquid around on my face making streak marks. I've waited a half an hour before too and it still gives me the same result.

I suggest that if you have really acne-prone dry skin, this may be for you. It's not nessecarily for me though. I started using boujoir paris 10 hour sleep effect foundation with smashbox HD primer and it works very, very, well. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by geishadollbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation my shade is g40 - g50. in mac im nc35 -nc40 but nc37 in most of there foundations. I was looking for a foundation that wouldn't break me out because my mac foundation seemed to be breaking me out a lot lately. since wearing cover fx my skin has been great. this foundation is great for dry skin. it leaves your skin with a dewy and glowing finish, just beautiful. the price is ok for this foundation it does last a long time.I absolutely dont recommend this foundation in humid weather. it will slide off your face. if your lookin for a winter foundation this is it. the smell is a fresh non chemical smell. I love the smell. will be purchasing this again and again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by soofabu

I was excited to get this foundation because it claimed it was a water based foundation and I had never had one before. First of all, about the only thing I liked was the coverage it gave. It did give a pretty full coverage without looking cakey. My skin isn't oily but when I used this foundation it seemed to make my face oiler then normal. With that being said, it didn't last very long and I found myself doing touch ups more then normal. The breaking point for me is when it started to break my skin out from the amount of oil it was producing. So, I don't recommend this foundation especially if you have oily skin. To bad because the coverage really is great. Hope this helped! :)