August 29, 2014 | 1776 users online

Liquid - Cover FX - Cover FX - Natural FX

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2014 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Eryn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I cycle through foundations like crazy because I've never found the right one, but I'll stick with this one for a while. I'm extremely fair and the lightest shades are pale enough for me, which is rare! It is pretty thick so the previous reviewer's suggestion to use a damp sponge is a good one. I want sheer coverage -- hey, I love my freckles! -- and if you don't take care, this product would be far too thick. Be careful to massage the tube a bit each time you use it because the water separates from the pigment.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by adrianalaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Horrible foundation. When i first put this on, it looked amazing but throughout the day, it came off easily (for example if i scratched my face, the foundation was all on my hand). I had tried wearing it with and without a setting powder but it made no difference. My skin is more on the dry side and when i wear other foundations, I don't get oily throughout the day.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MamaSher

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went to SDM today to try this. I have rosacea and my skin is super sensitive. This felt drying and turned orange/scaly. I would rather have red cheeks then the look this stuff gave me. I returned the tube without even opening since I was so disappointed with the sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by rthibode

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my second tube of this foundation. I have normal skin (neither dry nor oily) but I do have melasma which requires a high-coverage foundation.

I also have to wear high spf mineral (physical) sunscreen under it, so I don't use the primer. Just sunscreen, foundation, creme blush, then powder (also Cover FX, or sometimes Jane Iredale).

I do not touch up during the day and find it lasts very well in all seasons, but it will rub off on clothing (e.g., winter coat that rubs on my chin/jaw).

For me, the trick with this foundation is to apply with a very damp sponge. It is sold as a liquid foundation but it's very pigmented and will go on too thick if the sponge is too dry. Unlike with other liquid foundations, I don't blot the sponge with a towel, just squeeze out the water lightly with my fingers. Sometimes I dampen the sponge then dip it into a little inexpensive moisturizer like Cetaphil before using. I then squeeze a bit of the foundation onto the back of my hand and then dip the sponge into it as needed.

Because I try very hard not to disturb the sunscreen underneath, I just press and stipple the sponge, never dragging across my skin. For areas that need more coverage, I can build up layers by just stippling a bit more into the area.

I can also get good results with fingers but prefer the finish with a sponge. I never got the hang of foundation brushes and haven't tried using one with this product.

As someone else noted, this product will separate, especially if it's warm. Shake well and/or massage the tube before using.

The only other problem is that in some areas it can be a little cakey (e.g., around my nostrils). This only happens with certain mineral sunscreens so it's not the foundation's fault. But I think it you had very dry skin it might have the same effect on you.

I switched colours for my second tube and I'm really pleased with the match. My first tube was E20 and I found it orangey. I kept mixing other things with it and got pretty good matches until I used it up with various scraps of other leftover foundations. This time I tried a couple of samples first and found my perfect match is actually C20. What a difference! It looks so natural on me.

I am normally a big cheapskate but to me this product is worth the $37 I paid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A MUA recommended this to me in E30 (light skin with pink and yellow undertones). I let her know that I was quite oily and acne-prone and she reassured me that this would be suitable for my skin type.
How is it the first day I am wearing this and I hate it already? Upon squeezing it onto my hand I knew the consistency was much too creamy and tacky. I felt like it didn't quite blend well into my skin, though I had a light hand and applied it sparingly. Even with primer, powder and setting spray, it did not fair well throughout the day. From application at 7:30am, by the time I got to work at 9am...I was already oily!! Coverage is medium. A lot of transfer. I felt like this just has a dewy finish and it is definitely not for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by shadowboxin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

someone at my work had this foundation and i looked up reviews for it and since they were all pretty positive, i went out and bought it for a solid 43$ canadian. i'm a e0, the lightest neutral shade. at first i was so extatic to try it and do my face with it.
At first i really loved it. it covered my whole face nicely and my imperfections ( i didn't have many ) too. My face is really sensitive to a lot of things so i thought this might be a good foundation to try and i can splurge 43 dollars on a good product. On top i would put clinique almost powder powder. in 01 fair. It looked nice and didn't orange at all. The foundation really didn't need a lot to go all onto your face.
This is my third bottle of the foundation and (before i guess i didn't exactly care) I don't like how it makes my face so oily during the day... It's kind of disgusting especially because my face is not oily at all without makeup on. I would find my t-zone oily halfway through my shift at work, and when walking around in the sun I would find my makeup starting to get oily walking around for even ten minutes. Thus i found myself applying powder foundation on top of my face a lot during the day , which made my powder last only 2 weeks at most, and i kept adding makeup to my face which my face didn't exactly like , either.
Also, when i'm applying the makeup and i'm done my foundation, i finish applying makeup to my eyes and usually put powder on after. I find this stuff NEVER DRIES. It's so hard to put on powder because my brush bristles will move the liquid around on my face making streak marks. I've waited a half an hour before too and it still gives me the same result.

I suggest that if you have really acne-prone dry skin, this may be for you. It's not nessecarily for me though. I started using boujoir paris 10 hour sleep effect foundation with smashbox HD primer and it works very, very, well. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2013 6:30:00 PM More reviews by geishadollbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this foundation my shade is g40 - g50. in mac im nc35 -nc40 but nc37 in most of there foundations. I was looking for a foundation that wouldn't break me out because my mac foundation seemed to be breaking me out a lot lately. since wearing cover fx my skin has been great. this foundation is great for dry skin. it leaves your skin with a dewy and glowing finish, just beautiful. the price is ok for this foundation it does last a long time.I absolutely dont recommend this foundation in humid weather. it will slide off your face. if your lookin for a winter foundation this is it. the smell is a fresh non chemical smell. I love the smell. will be purchasing this again and again

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:54:00 PM More reviews by soofabu

I was excited to get this foundation because it claimed it was a water based foundation and I had never had one before. First of all, about the only thing I liked was the coverage it gave. It did give a pretty full coverage without looking cakey. My skin isn't oily but when I used this foundation it seemed to make my face oiler then normal. With that being said, it didn't last very long and I found myself doing touch ups more then normal. The breaking point for me is when it started to break my skin out from the amount of oil it was producing. So, I don't recommend this foundation especially if you have oily skin. To bad because the coverage really is great. Hope this helped! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2013 12:37:00 AM More reviews by heyannette

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ DESCRIPTION OF ME ~ Very warm, yellowy complexion with a tendency to get redness on my cheeks and around my nose, mid 30s. MAC C2/NC20 Large clog prone pores, oily skin which is also sensitive, blackheads, occasional simple acne.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT ~ thick but blendable, liquid, high coverage, corrective and oil-free foundation.
PACKAGING ~ 30ml/1 oz squeeze tube screw cap. Very user friendly.
CONSISTENCY/TEXTURE ~ Thick, opaque and creamy liquid.
APPLICATION ~ I use my finger tips or a foundation sponge. Very blend-able.
FINISH ~ Dewy, set it with powder for sure..
SHADES ~ Cover FX will have your shade, they have an awesome selection. Part of my love for this product is the perfect match to my skin. It's really hard to find true yellow/olive with the coverage, finish and durability I want. I use M20.
COVERAGE ~ It's coverage is medium/almost full which is great, because this makes the product customizable. I can use a thin coat or a thicker coat for more coverage. I have absolutely no problems with it not blending, it's actually very blend-able. I use my fingers or a make up sponge. Used over a primer and it's pure perfection.
STAYING POWER ~ It isn't a long lasting foundation for those with oily skin, unfortunately. It will slide around even with powder. And, all I know is my own skin and experience. Those without oily skin this could be a fabulous!!
SCENT ~ Unscented.
OVERALL ~ It's just not for me, I prefer hard drying foundations like Revlon Colorstay, MAC Studio Fix Fluid etc. But, given the colour range in this line, it you have normal skin and want more coverage than your average foundation and you want to stick to drugstore stuff, this is worth a look. Not that it's any cheaper than department store foundations! lol
The consensus here is pretty negative for this foundation but it deserves more credit. This is a pro product, I say, spend some time with it. It really is fabulous. But, if you have oily skin why bother? It wasn't MADE FOR YOU. Stick to the foundations made for your skin type and stop leaving such negative reviews for a makeup that was never intended for your skin type.
Thank you Seclusae2 giving me permission to use your great reviewing format.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by ericavander

I bought this foundation (water-based foundation in colour E10) from Shoppers after trying (and returning) the L'Oreal True Match foundation. My friend used to work at Shoppers and told me to try the Cover FX brand as it was specifically designed for people with acne and other skin ailments. I had an employee help me match a good colour for my skin - this one best matched my MAC NW20 colour. I love this foundation. A tiny amount goes a long way. It's water-based so its very hydrating and doesn't make me breakout further. It covers nicely and makes for a nice dewy finish. Very happy with my purchase!! ALSO the employee at Shoppers said the chemist at Cover FX was also a chemist for MAC - no wonder I like this product!