December 22, 2014 | 1855 users online

Bronzers - Cargo - bronzer in medium - matte

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by Jasslovesmakeuo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best bronzer ever!! I've used so many but nothing compared to this. So sad when sephora and ulta discontinued it. So I buy it online at macys.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 5:42:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm one of those people who were on a quest for the best bronzer for my very pale NW15-20 skin tone. So I was at Kohl's and was getting the LORAC Unzipped Palette when I saw the Cargo section. I have heard and read many good things about the brand. So I look at their bronzers and I see Matte and I swatch it, and it's perfect not too dark at all. Bonus was no shimmer!! I have tons of bronzer with shimmer and the reason I didn't want shimmer this time was, because I want to contour my cheekbones. So I used my RTContour brush and finally my cheekbones, which are high looked defined but natural! I cannot stress the natural enough it didn't look like I had a brown shimmer stripe or even worse looking muddy. It is so soft and the powder applies like a dream and is easy to use.

It's the first bronzer where I can get the sun kissed look or contour whatever you desire. It is not very dark at all and for my skin tone. It is buttery soft so for me blending is so much easier. Plus you get a ton for the price and since the colour isn't super dark. I can use this year round without making me look made up. My thing with bronzers is it has to look natural. I don't like looking like I'm wearing makeup. I just want to look healthy and this does that. It is a little on the high side price wise but it is so worth it. This will last ages without a doubt. Also this is an excellent bronzer for my fair skin I'm very happy with this purchase. Totally Recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by mariefranci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say Cargo Bronzer is one of the best bronzers I have used. I like my bronzers to show colour, and this shows so be careful with application. I do have tanned olive-skin, so i got it in dark. I just use a little bit on my cheeks and gives off an instant glow.

The only CON is... it could look a bit orangey. I'm not sure what the ingredients are so I dont know if its good for my acne prone skin. Thats why I stopped using it and thats why I gave it 4/5.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2013 11:57:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

A middle-of-the-road bronzer in formulation. A bit too powdery for my liking. The color does not work for my NC25/30 skin. Just too orange.

Note: My rating was based solely on the formulation, not the color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2012 12:26:00 PM More reviews by aba2blue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

For my first review (yay!) I need HG stuff! I've been forever looking for the perfect matte bronzer which wouldn't turn orange on my fair skin. This one by Cargo is THE ONE.
PROs:
.The powder is super soft and the color payoff is good. I can use it for bronzing or contouring since it hasn't got glitters whatsoever. On me it lasts around 6 hours.
.I think it has something like pink undertones in it, because it balances well my neutral-yellowish complexion without washing me out.
.The tin is huge and I suppose it will last me forever. I've been using it for almost a year and I haven't hit the pan yet!
CONs:
.If you own other blush/bronzers from Cargo you can't tell which product you're grabbing without opening it or reading the label on the back, which I find quite annoying.
.It's a bit expensive, but definetly not a splurge! ;)

It's my HG bronzer and I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2011 3:14:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

To me, this is the best matte bronzer (and since I only like matte bronzers, it should be called the best bronzer). The color is perfect, the pigmentation is great, it blends well, and it lasts, plus you get a lot. The packaging is not what I would have preferred, but it's not bad, and it doesn't deter me from using this regularly.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by sedst9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

A bronzer that actually looks good when outside in natural light. No shimmer, great color (when applied carefully - too much and it's obvious), love the texture and the amount of product. Another HUGE plus for me is this does NOT break me out or irritate my skin, which isn't always easy to do. I was skipping bronzer for a while until I discovered this, mostly because I found many bronzers to be too orange and too dang shiny!! This is the perfect color and the fact that it's matte makes it a star in my book. Other thing, the price can't be beat. I know it's $28, which is steep when you first think about it. However, you get sooo much, and considering it's a bronzer and you shouldn't really be using a ton of it, it lasts forever. I mean I just hit pan and I've had this well over 2 years. LOVE!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by andrearbns

I have been wearing this for years and thought I would leave a review. I love this bronzer. The texture is great and the colour is perfect for my NW/NC 20 skin. I like that it doesn't leave my skin shimmery and it is the perfect shade to wear all year around. Definitely recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by rgnsd

For my NC30 complexion, this product is perfect! True, even color that is buildable and blendable. I use this everyday to contour my face and cheekbones and because of the matte finish, I can use this day or night.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by halwa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

When Cargo went on sale, I realized I must go run and get my Medium! However, they were sold out. I ended up picking up this one and medium water resistant instead. I didn't realize how much I use this bronzer, but I hit pan today! For a south asian golden tan complexion like mines, it really just accentuated and sculpts my face. I really like the effect this gives. It looks like a chalky peachy bronze when swatched, but it is really natural on and does show up on my skin (nc35-40).I do like glow so sometimes I add a bit of the stila highlighting powder in bronze on my cheek bones or cargo medium. Definitely try this one if you are looking for a matte bronzer.