April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Eyeliner - By Terry - Blackstar Black Sapphire

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 8:16:00 AM More reviews by deuxbisous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was disappointed in this in comparison to the 'Crayon Kohl Terrybly'. This one is very hard, making it difficult to apply. I find I have to warm it on my hand first, which wastes product and dulls the point, and even then it's a bit of a struggle not to be pulling at the eyelid, which is a major issue for me since I am concerned about ageing and loss of elasticity as it is. I find it very surprising as I think the whole Terry line is marketed towards a slightly older clientele. I can't imagine Terry herself damaging her eyelids with this. It also isn't the blackest of blacks, nor is it very smudgeproof. It's ok on my upper lid but I get raccoon eyes within a couple of hours if I put it under my eye. The other product (crayon kohl) is totally waterproof and really doesn't budge, the downside being the black liner in that range has sparkles in it. I wish they could combine the two and do a matte black in the waterproof formula. I definitely won't repurchase and probably will give up struggling with it once the sting of the price has worn off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by jennyb

The By Terry Blackstar eyeliners are by far the most long-lasting pencil liners I've ever used. They're very hard, and drag a little on application. You can't really afford to make any big mistakes - once they're on, they're on. So I would rank them as slightly tougher to use than most pencils. But they really do last all day - even as an inner eye liner - and won't come off except with a good waterproof eye make up remover. They also stick to contact lenses, so you need to be careful. They come with a brush on one end, which I don't use, and a very good sharpener, which offsets the high cost just a little.
Black Sapphire is a really deep navy shade. It emphasises my green eyes, though perhaps not as much as the Midnight Mauve shade, and makes the whites look whiter as well. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2006 8:47:00 PM More reviews by pariscat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this in Midnight Mauve, and loved the color, texture, and "stay put" quality so much that I splurged on Black Sapphire (which I would characterize as a dark blue/black with a hint of shimmer.) Glad I did, as both seem to bring out different colors in my blue green eyes. When I say "stay put," I am not exaggerating. These are the first eyepencils I have used that go on with no tugging, etc., but, when in place, stick to my oily eyelids like glue. Try some on your hand sometime, it it very difficult, if not impossible, to rub off. Again, as another reviewer has noted, this quality makes "smudging" quite difficult, even with the fine quality brush included with the pencil. I agree with her, if you are going for a "smokey" eye, smudge with a complimentary eyeshadow color. I am slowly replacing my other eyeliners with this brand; rather pricey, but worth it in the long run, I think.