July 28, 2014 | 1726 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Eyes Quad in Destination MNY

rated 3.0(1 review)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2006 10:26:00 PM More reviews by Eleven

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is LE from the Autumn í06 collection. The quad contains a shimmery beige, a shimmery icy grey-blue, a matte navy blue and a matte grey-brown. I wanted to be able to create the Erin Wasson look in the ads but Iím a little disappointed. For AUD13.95 what can you expect? Itís been about a decade since I bought Maybelline eye shadow (when I was in high school), I tend to go for high end shadows but this isnít too bad Ė it doesnít crease or fade which is a good start but the shimmer barely shows and theyíre a tad boring. What I have discovered, however, is that I can achieve a subtle smoky eye with two of the shades. Apply the grey-blue all over the lid to just above the crease. Then use the navy to line both the top and bottom lash lines with an eyeliner brush. This will be fairly matte and run-of-the-mill but by applying Stila Twilight (shimmery silver) with a shadow brush over the top it adds the dimension of shimmer and brings out the grey undertones of the Maybelline shadows and the look is quite lovely. Like the new packaging.