Lolita Lempicka L de Lolita Lempicka

on 1/25/2015 2:53:00 PM

It is discontinued, I verified this with the manufacturer a few months ago after I bought all the ones I could find online. Unfortunately I do not love it as much as I did anymore and also got some 7 year old bottles online that were unopened but had turned brown. SO I am giving those away and keeping the one 100ml bottle I have that is blue and only about 3-4 years old (I check the dates on things at checkcosmetic.org). The blue one smells nicer, there's a little bite when you sniff the sprayer that is missing from the older one, which is mosr just sweetness. This scent reminds me of cake, an orangey cinnamony spicy cake batter with some salt in the air. The bottle is really beautiful, pretty up there among the prettiest bottles for perfume I have seen, which is really a strong point for Lolita Lempicka IMO (makeup packaging is less important to me but my perfumes, I like to be pretty)
I do have to say however that when I first got it, I was completely in love with it, and now that I've had it for longer, well maybe my scent palate is just getting sophisticated with all my Sephora scenting excursions and my online sample orders because I find the sweety scents less amah-zing now, but still good once in a while. Take that for what it is, but I think we all eventually grow out of scents we love, then maybe come back to them later, maybe because scent is so easy to get used to and bored with.

on 1/5/2015 6:00:00 PM

I feel perhaps this is a lighter, beachier version of the original Lolita Lempicka. Just my humble opinion. Initially this has orange/citrus notes, then fades into sweeter vanilla notes, and hours later will have mild sandlewood notes. This doesn't have the throw and longevity of some of the other Lolita Lempicka fragrances, which would make this a good summertime fragrance if you are like me, and don't want something quite so cloying and heavy in the summer. I also think the bottle is just adorable, from the seashore trinkets on it, to the turquoise, heart shaped bottle. It looks like it was designed for a mermaid.

on 11/23/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I tried this perfume after reading a lot about it and having it recommended to me on fragrantica.com (similar scents to my favorite Dior Addict and Hypnotic Poison). I like "grown up" vanillas, not super sweet ones. All my perfumes are in the warm, spicy, sweet category. This perfume is at first a very strong incense, which almost turned me away, but it works its way into a smokey vanilla quickly. It doesn't have the sillage that Addict does (which is impressive!), but it's a nice, intimate perfume that is agreeable and unique at the same time, always my goal in a fragrance! I recommend it if you're wanting to branch out your perfume collection and still stay in spicy, sweet.

on 10/22/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I found some similarities with my beloved Coral Flower at first sniff, I got a similar incense feeling but as the minutes pass... well...it transformed into a cinnamon and orange smell, which is good but it didn't project as much as I would have wanted to, it stays close to my skin, that's why I'm not so convinced about this fragrance. Overall nice packaging and good fragrance but similar to other ones out in the market. Sorry LL, this time wasn't love.

on 10/18/2014 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My review is for the EDP. I used to love this scent, but either it's changed or my chemistry has changed. It used to be a cinnamony vanilla scent that reminded me of incense, but this faint note that was musky, primal, and marine all at once. I've always disliked marine scents for their astringency, but L de Lolita Lempicka was something different entirely. Now, on me at least, it just smells like a harsh vanilla. It's a little hard to spray, especially since one or more of the charms will occasionally fall off when the bottle is tilted at an angle, but the bottle itself is so lovely that I keep it just to decorate my dresser.

on 9/20/2014 2:50:00 PM

No clue where other reviewers are getting a cinnamon/vanilla/sea salty gourmand scent from this.

Gorgeous bottle that looks like it could contain the tears of mermaids or sit on Ariel's dressing table next to the thingamabobs and whatchamacallits.

Smells good, but manly. Really manly. I get a smoky, incense, woodsy smell with a blast of cinnamon.Then a slight orange waft and a lot of musk. Mostly smoke. The smell is warm, dry, smoky and good - on a man. I dont want to smell like a good smelling man.

OK - coming back 4 hrs later, the smoke smell is gone and there's a lot of sandalwood coming through, and maybe a teensy bit of beachy smell. Not aquatic, but beachy.

on 9/9/2014 12:56:00 PM

This fragrance is HEAVENLY. It's a very rich, warm, caramel-vanilla scent. Sweet and gourmand without being cloying. This is the one fragrance that always garners the most compliments and "what are you wearing?" inquiries for me. It really is unique, I've never smelled anything close to this.
But even though it's different, it's still extremely wearable. I think this scent is appropriate for a wide range of ages, seasons, occasions, and so forth.
A lovely fragrance that I have repurchased many times. Recommended!

on 9/9/2014 11:00:00 AM

I ADORE this parfum I really aodre it !!! This is one of the best perfumes I have ever had!!!! I was searching a unique parfum after my favorite for years parfum,had been discontinued...I incidentally find this and I fell in love from the first second!!! it makes my heart flitting every time I smell it !!! the packaging reminds you of a mermaid and I think this is definitely what a mermaid would wear!!!!!!!!!!! It is really feminine...you feel absolute confident woman with this!!! It is warm,sweet and spicy at the same time..some of the notes are: bergamot,bitter orange,vanilla,cinnamon,sandalwood etc... If you like warm sweet and spicy parfumes this is for you!!!! I'm not sure if you can wear it just at winter or summer maybe it suits more for winter and autumn but I really can't resist to it, so I wear it all year long and it is perfect...I always get so nice compliments from people asking me ''what is your parfum? it smells so nice'' etc... Hope this parfum exists for ever since I have no intention to change it !!! I highly recommend it !!!!!!!!!!!

on 1/25/2014 4:29:00 PM

This is my favourite perfume, hands down. Nothing has ever smelled so lovely on me.

At first spray, I would compare this with a spiced orange cinnamon roll - sweet, very cinnamon-y, with a hint of citrus to make it interesting. As it dries down, the vanilla and immortelle become more powerful, but I'm kept from smelling too much like a bakery with the hints of musk and sandalwood. I don't really smell the oceanic notes that some people have mentioned, but I feel like it would compliment this perfume nicely, if that makes any sense.

This is a very sexy scent on me, when I wear it I just feel incredibly confidant and attractive. My fiance can't keep his hands off me when I wear it around him, which would be good enough for me by itself. But on top of those benefits, I just really LOVE the scent. It smells like no other perfume I have ever smelled.

Someone before me commented about not liking this perfume but loving the original Lolita Lempicka scent...I must say the opposite. The original smelled of baby powder on me, while this smells incredible. So I might go as far as to say that they react very differently from one another on the same body chemistry. If you like one, you're better off trying a sample of the other before you buy it, just to be sure.

The only reason my overall rating of this perfume is a 4 and not a 5 is because, unfortunately for me, it disappears more quickly than I would like. I'd say it lasts around 4-5 hours before I need to reapply. If it could last longer, It would be 5 out of 5.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I had been looking hi & low for this for a long time. Then I was at TJ Maxx the other day and saw it. I debated for about 45 minutes on whether or not to get it since Xmas was right around the corner. I ended up buying it at $29.00 for the larger size bottle. I'm so glad I did! At first blush it comes off a bit spicy citrus. Then it soon dissolves into a powdery woody vanilla. There are still some spice notes long after the initial spritzes. I was able to spray this liberally & my hubby loved it! He doesn't usually like perfumes like this. My friend had one similar to this..I think the original and I couldn't stand it. Must be body chemistry. The staying power on this is amazing. I sprayed it on after a shower & could still smell it well up to 8 hours later. Definitely will get this again wherever I can find!

Popular Fragrances