April 20, 2014 | 1241 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - L de Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 4:29:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite perfume, hands down. Nothing has ever smelled so lovely on me.

At first spray, I would compare this with a spiced orange cinnamon roll - sweet, very cinnamon-y, with a hint of citrus to make it interesting. As it dries down, the vanilla and immortelle become more powerful, but I'm kept from smelling too much like a bakery with the hints of musk and sandalwood. I don't really smell the oceanic notes that some people have mentioned, but I feel like it would compliment this perfume nicely, if that makes any sense.

This is a very sexy scent on me, when I wear it I just feel incredibly confidant and attractive. My fiance can't keep his hands off me when I wear it around him, which would be good enough for me by itself. But on top of those benefits, I just really LOVE the scent. It smells like no other perfume I have ever smelled.

Someone before me commented about not liking this perfume but loving the original Lolita Lempicka scent...I must say the opposite. The original smelled of baby powder on me, while this smells incredible. So I might go as far as to say that they react very differently from one another on the same body chemistry. If you like one, you're better off trying a sample of the other before you buy it, just to be sure.

The only reason my overall rating of this perfume is a 4 and not a 5 is because, unfortunately for me, it disappears more quickly than I would like. I'd say it lasts around 4-5 hours before I need to reapply. If it could last longer, It would be 5 out of 5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2013 8:05:00 PM More reviews by LisasRevenge79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been looking hi & low for this for a long time. Then I was at TJ Maxx the other day and saw it. I debated for about 45 minutes on whether or not to get it since Xmas was right around the corner. I ended up buying it at $29.00 for the larger size bottle. I'm so glad I did! At first blush it comes off a bit spicy citrus. Then it soon dissolves into a powdery woody vanilla. There are still some spice notes long after the initial spritzes. I was able to spray this liberally & my hubby loved it! He doesn't usually like perfumes like this. My friend had one similar to this..I think the original and I couldn't stand it. Must be body chemistry. The staying power on this is amazing. I sprayed it on after a shower & could still smell it well up to 8 hours later. Definitely will get this again wherever I can find!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2013 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Carela26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I found this at one of our local bargain type stores. I had no clue what it would smell like, but I like some of the other fragrances in this line. I was also having serious thoughts about committing back to Angel as my winter fragrance, but I've felt a bit of trepidation. Last time I wore Angel it was several years ago, and one of my coworkers said it was the best fragrance he had ever smelled on a woman. That being said, I don't know if I can do that kind of attention getter in the office. L has the same sweet feel as Angel. Very yummy but somehow softer and subtle. Top notes have a bit of a floral, but vanilla and caramel come through in a bit. I also pick up a bit of white musk on the dry down. Not for those of you who prefer a floral or green fragrance. The bottle is pretty and I love the blue. It does full you into thinking this is some kind of summer at the beach thing, but it's not that at all. Reminds me of Angel Innocent, a bit. Also lasts a very long time, which is a miracle on me. Makes me happy.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/17/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by harris5998

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I ordered a travel-size bottle of eau de parfum splash unsniffed...based on the rave reviews and the fact that I adore the original Lolita Lempicka. The best thing I can say is the bottle is beautiful. I loved the IDEA of the fragrance...orange, vanilla, cinnamon...sounded wonderful...but when I put it on my first instinct was to wash it off. My sons told me it smelled good to them, but to me it did not. I got the impression of syrupy orange a bit of spice and that was all. As another reviewer described the first impression "Old Spice for women" As it dried down, it smelled like a plastic doll I owned as a little girl (I believe another reviewer mentioned the doll-like scent.) It is NOTHING like the original Lolita (my HG) and I'm disappointed because I really WANTED to like it. Wouldn't buy again and want to get rid of the bottle I have but my roommate did not like it either and didn't want it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 1:42:00 PM More reviews by stardoc

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE it!!! I found this at Winners (Canadian TJ Maxx) for $29 & read a bunch of great reviews on here so I bought it. I can't get enough of this scent! It smells amazing on my skin & on my clothes. Very nice, not overbearing at all. I think everyone has given great descriptions of this scent & I highly recommend buying it :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a delightful Lolita. Classified as an oriental vanilla fragrance, it's more complex than the eight notes it contains. They wax and wane so well to a drydown that manages to mystify a lot of followers.
Within minutes, I was transformed to a burning campfire in the deep, dark woods, surrounded by tall, dark evergreens. I was sitting on a tree stump, smelling the wood and twigs I had collected to burn and watch dance in the fire's embers. There was moss underfoot and it is my own Midsummer Night's Dream.
I could smell marshmallows and little night flowers. This is not a sweet scent to me, but a warm scent that brings to mind not food, but memories and places and dreams. It evokes thoughts of areas I've been to, of trips I've been on.
Perfumes give you sensory and olfactory experiences. L Lolita immediately put me into another time and place. I've had gourmand perfumes remind me of food, yes, but never had this type of experience happen so quickly. How interestingly and quickly it mixed with my chemistry. Its drydown stayed similar to its initial notes, just richer but softer.
Bergamot, immortelle, tonka bean and vanilla were the highlight notes for me. The scent lasted for at least 6 hours, well worth it.
Top Notes: Bitter Orange, Bergamot.
Middle Notes: Immortelle, Cinnamon, Musk.
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Vanilla, Sandalwood.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by vsmini

Mmmmmm if I had to use my imagination I would say this is something a mermaid would wear. I don't get "beachy" from this at all, though the bottle design would suggest otherwise, instead I get cinnamon sticks and vanilla. It's a perfect battle between the two with orange sprinkled in there too. I absolutely adore this fragrance. Great lasting time.
I took off a lippie for packaging since the bottle is so intricate and nozzle so fragile that it's difficult to travel with. If you intend to travel with this then keep the box so it can be safely packed away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 8:35:00 PM More reviews by SUPAtime

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A hefty vanilla gourmand with a strange saltwater freshness to it. The top notes of orange, maple syrup, and men's cologne were very fleeting on me and I was quickly left with an immense wall of sweet vanilla: impenetrable and impassable. There are some nice incense notes in the dry down but the overall impression is a sugary vanilla. Not bad, but it's so relentlessly sweet and vanilla heavy to the point of being unimaginative. It also has a very thick and insistent quality to it... I imagine I would find this stomach turning in hot weather.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 12:04:00 PM More reviews by sillage

L de Lolita Lempicka makes a great summer gourmand! I am a gourmand lover, and L is light and reminds me of the beach -- I think it must be the everlasting flower (immortel), which I think grows in the hotel gardens at the beach where I go.

L is soft, delicious, contains vanilla, cinnamon, soft floral, skin-musk. Only thing bothers me a bit is that cinnamon -- I'm not a fan of cinnamon in perfume. But the rest of the notes are great and blend together well, adding up to deliciousness. When I go on vacation to the beach, this scent comes with me.

I only have a few summer perfumes that I love, since I'm mostly a Fall-Winter woody/gourmand lover, but this little gem is a summer staple for me -- soft and delicious.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Stela5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 2 bottle of L. Strong and very nice perfume, price is very good for what you get.