Alpha Hydrox 10% Enhanced Cream

4.2

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ammonium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Stearic Acid, PEG 40 Stearate, Cyclomethicone, Polyacrylamide, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Polysorbate 60, Xanthan Gum, Sorbic Acid, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHT

on 10/16/2014 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I used this stuff religiously for years. It was great at keeping my body acne away, I never thought the burning feeling was a bad thing (I have had professional glycolic peels and they sting a bit). Well recently I decided to go cruelty free and was disappointed to find out that this product is not cruelty free. So I was on the search for a new glycolic lotion for my body acne. I found Beauty Without Cruelty has a compatible and comparable product and I bought it from Amazon. The first time I used it I realized right away that it had no stinging feeling. Even my husband who rubs it on my back said that the BWC stuff didn't burn like this and he liked the smell better. So what am I getting at? BWC works just as well as this stuff and doesn't burn. IDK what to think about that, but I won't be repurchasing.

on 10/13/2014 5:10:00 PM

This product contains several ingredients that may be derived from animal or synthetic sources, but customer service for the company (Neoteric Cosmetics 800-552-5742 / 303-373-4860) stated that they have no way to determine the sources of the ingredients.

on 6/28/2014 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This product is pretty good. I use it every night when I am not doing peels (I am into peels right now). I wish it was a little stronger though maybe 15% or more. My skin handles acids pretty well and this one doesn't burn or tingle at all.

Never has broken me out at all and I am very acne prone. I wish it was not in a tub but instead in a pump bottle and the price is great!

Will repurchase.

on 4/24/2014 11:10:00 AM

This AHA lotion is a must have for my acne prone skin. My skin always suffers when I get lazy and stop using it. It keeps my skin Nicely exfoliated so I never get clogged pores and pimples. Sounds crazy doesn't it!? A little bit goes a long way and you don't need to use a lot to see results! I use this lotion in the morning after toning my skin with rose water. I also apply a broad spectrum SPF on top to protect my skin. I'm currently using Cetaphil's SPF because it goes on matte so it helps with the shine. I highly recommend this one, but whichever AHA you purchase always start slow! Aha's can cause a little stinging to sensitive skin so build your tolerance for happy healthy skin!

on 4/13/2014 7:19:00 PM

I tried to give this a decent chance, but it just didn't work for me. I had been using the Walgreens brand 8% AHA cream with great results and decided to upgrade to this product. It broke me out pretty badly and aggravated my skin like crazy. I had to stop using it. I'm not sure if it's my skin not tolerating the 10% but I would never use it again nor recommend it. It's going up for swap!

found this at grocery outlet! super cheap price compared to other prices. I like it alright, it smells not so good though, chemically.

on 3/16/2014 4:57:00 PM

This product works wonders! With it being 10% glycolic acid it tightens the skin almost immediately! Super inexpensive. I would pay big bucks for this even if it wasnt so reasonably priced. This product will dry up ANY active acne. The acne spots will flake off in about two days! No scarring! The smell isnt too bad but nothing special.Great for all skin types but I think will work wonders for oily skin! Will keep oily or combo skin balanced! I highly recommend this to any one who is young or matured. It will prevent fine lines and wrinkles as well as tighten existing wrinkles/ fine lines. Overall- amazing product!!

on 2/12/2014 3:34:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i always have a backup of this product! its very cheap when i purchase it from winners and does an amazing job for evening out skin texture. Does not irritate unless you have an opening in the skin. Use uder moisutriser. Got rid of small black heads i started to get around my chin due to medications. Been using for over 3 years now and do not plan on stopping. Saw a wrinkle on forehead get smaller after months of use. Was not expecting that. Over all excellent product especially for the price!!

on 1/13/2014 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I'm nearing the end of my jar right now -- already got a backup, but in the Enhanced lotion form instead of Enhanced Cream. Let me tell you how my acne is 99% gone due to this cream and ******very important***** petroleum jelly on top of it.

At the time I bought this cream, I also bought Cerave AM moisturizer with SPF 30 hoping for the best in terms of sun protection and moisture seeing as I was going to be putting acids on my face (I also very occasionally spot treated with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid in the CLEAR line). My acne was moderate, and ever-present. If two to three pimples were healing, two to three were definitely popping up nearby. I would have maybe 6-10 pimples at any given time, and the lowest I ever had was probably 2 small pimples. I rarely got cystic pimples though (maybe a handful in one year). That was simply how my skin was, no matter what kind of acne treatments I tried (and previously, sulfur-based or benzoyl peroxide spot treatments were the most effective).

I applied this at night after cleansing with almond oil + Pond's Luminous Cleanser. For 5 weeks using it alone, I did see a difference in my acne but not dramatic, and I knew I had given it enough time. So, to test out its performance further, I did what I tend to do with a lot of my skincare: I put petroleum jelly on top of it. I've found that regardless of the type of anti-acne skincare product or moisturizer, its effectiveness is dramatically boosted when I've ***dabbed*** (not rubbed) petroleum jelly on top of it. I just try to cover most of my face in a very thin layer, very light touches when I dab. I do this for the next 4 days -- and wow, I haven't seen such an improvement in the first 5 weeks as when I did in 4 days.

So I continued and continued this for the remainder of 2013, same skincare routine with the same products. I will also add that I switched to Lucy Minerals (original formula) foundation instead of any liquid foundation (when I used any of my liquid foundations regardless of price/brand/ingredients/just opened/old, I always got breakouts and the vicious cycle of breakouts > cover it up > breakouts would repeat). Since then, I truly do not worry what my skin looks like without makeup and half the time I don't even wear my LM foundation when I go out. If you like this cream now, see if you like it even better with petroleum jelly dabbed on top for a couple nights in a row. And if you don't like it, try the same! It makes the biggest difference.

on 1/10/2014 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

For a long time, I've been a bit bias against AHAs. I knew their purpose and all, but I thought BHAs were superior. BHAs cause less sun sensitivity, they get down to the pore to clear breakups, they are are anti-inflammatory, and I even heard from a derm after comparing the two he thought BHA was better for the same reasons I did! However, I decided to try this AHA out since it was really well priced and locally available.

PROS: The bias is over now. This works a lot faster than BHA. I've only used 1% BHA (I know, not fair comparison), it they took a while to get good all over results. This, even after 1 day of use I can tell something is different about my skin. My skin has some smoothness and feeling of overall improvement. Can't fully describe it, but I know it's doing something. And yes, it does help with breakouts as well!

CONS: It's not hydrating in the least. I don't think it's drying, but it's the kind of product that needs good moisturizing after. Also, I hate having to let actives sit on my skin for 15m before doing the next step. Smells not so great either, I'm going to assume that's the pH balance used (I'm fine with the smell though).

OVERALL: I really like this. I don't like to exfoliate [deeply] 24/7, instead just when I think I need it, and I think this could work for that. I could use it a little more consistently when I want it, and then step away. I use a Clarisonic already and this in combination with it is nuts. Unnatural smoothness. That being said, I'm going to try the lotion instead next time. You get a lot more for the price and it doesn't have a jar opening.

Popular Moisturizers