Philosophy frozen lemon custard

3.3

on 3/19/2008 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

i bought it for the lemony goodness- it smells delicious but i wish the scent lasted longer once i leave the shower.... but i am way picky about that. it works okay as a body wash (i dont use it a shampoo) it doesnt really soften my skin or anything really the only redeeming quality is the awesome smell. i dont like the thickness of the bottle because once you squeeze it- and dont immediately pop the shape back out- the next time you shower and pop it back out- it creases the bottle- i just find it slightly annoying. but otherwise- i use it every other time... i mainly use the burberry london shower gel in between uses of this.

on 8/30/2007 8:51:00 AM

Has a sweet lemon cookie scent. As a shampoo, it dries my hair out. Makes a nice bath gel and leaves my skin feeling clean without drying it out.

on 7/5/2006 8:31:00 AM

I have been using this for about 4 months now so in terms of value it is certainly not expensive. The scent is OK, not fresh enough for me in terms of lemoniness, although I appreciate it's a lemon custard rather than true lemon. I have enjoyed using it but have never had that euphoric shower scent moment with this, whereas I have with say, Bliss Labs Lemon and Sage Soapy Sap (or whatever it's called). Also there was something about the texture of this...a bit jellyish and blobby. I will try other 3-in-1 scents but I won't repurchase this one. Oh, and by the way it's fine as a shower gel, OK in a makeshift one off, late for work kind of way as a shampoo, and utterly useless as a bubblebath.

on 6/30/2006 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The great formula I've come to expect from philosophy 3-in-1s with a delicious lemon dessert scent.

As a shampoo, it does a so-so job cleaning my thick, normal to oily, heavy, slightly coarse hair (I comb it through in the shower). However, I have been more satisfied with 3-in-1s as a shampoo in the past. As of late this one seems to have left my hair oily and coarse. Also, not everyone has been happy with them as a hair product.

As a body wash, using my sponge, this product lathers easily and very thickly. Great. I can even use my bare hands, though I find that with a sponge, it just lathers better.

I've only used it as a bubble bath literally once or twice and as that, found it all but useless not to mention wasteful. I had to drizzle a lot of product under my running bath water before I could get the thinnest bubbles, which then dissipated in big amounts in as fast as 5 minutes. Yet to be fair, I never expected this to be any good as a shampoo, body wash AND bubble bath too, therefore I haven't marked it down in this review in its ineffectivness as the third.

It doesn't last in my hair/shower or on my person long, although I don't really mind as I never expected it to and my intention's always been to wear another scent afterwards anyway.

For $16 + tax USD, frozen lemon custard has lasted me over 6 months so far as of this review; value-wise, I'm quite happy with that.

This 3-in-1's fragrance hasn't endeared itself to me as much as the first 2 I tried, cinnamon buns and melon daquiri. Plus, I've started getting a bit sick of the smell, an objection I didn't have with buns and daquiri.

To me, basically a good product with some flaws. I suggest considering how much you'd truly like the scent in the long run since you're probably going to have it for over half a year. continued >>

on 5/7/2006 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this, and though it smells exactly like a frozen lemon custard, it is nothing I could get too excited about. I would never spend my hard-earned money on this product. As far as the Philosophy line goes, this 3-in-1 is forgettable.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Great lemoon scent. It has a sweet note to it. if u like lemon scents check out philosophy sugar cookie adn lemonade

Popular Body Skincare Products