April 24, 2014 | 1911 users online

Skincare - Body - Philosophy - frozen lemon custard

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by FiaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This review is for the Souffle. Creamy lemon scent with brightness. Only slightly sweet.
The moisturing is incredible, it soaks in evenly leaving you soft and supple. No oily layer just coating the skin, (or staining clothes, furniture, etc.)

I have a 3.5 oz jar that lasted about 5 full body uses. Too expensive to purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by tideturns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought it for the lemony goodness- it smells delicious but i wish the scent lasted longer once i leave the shower.... but i am way picky about that. it works okay as a body wash (i dont use it a shampoo) it doesnt really soften my skin or anything really the only redeeming quality is the awesome smell. i dont like the thickness of the bottle because once you squeeze it- and dont immediately pop the shape back out- the next time you shower and pop it back out- it creases the bottle- i just find it slightly annoying. but otherwise- i use it every other time... i mainly use the burberry london shower gel in between uses of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 8:51:00 AM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Has a sweet lemon cookie scent. As a shampoo, it dries my hair out. Makes a nice bath gel and leaves my skin feeling clean without drying it out.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2006 8:31:00 AM More reviews by ShoobieDoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for about 4 months now so in terms of value it is certainly not expensive. The scent is OK, not fresh enough for me in terms of lemoniness, although I appreciate it's a lemon custard rather than true lemon. I have enjoyed using it but have never had that euphoric shower scent moment with this, whereas I have with say, Bliss Labs Lemon and Sage Soapy Sap (or whatever it's called). Also there was something about the texture of this...a bit jellyish and blobby. I will try other 3-in-1 scents but I won't repurchase this one. Oh, and by the way it's fine as a shower gel, OK in a makeshift one off, late for work kind of way as a shampoo, and utterly useless as a bubblebath.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2006 9:21:00 PM More reviews by ginghampop

The great formula I've come to expect from philosophy 3-in-1s with a delicious lemon dessert scent.

As a shampoo, it does a so-so job cleaning my thick, normal to oily, heavy, slightly coarse hair (I comb it through in the shower). However, I have been more satisfied with 3-in-1s as a shampoo in the past. As of late this one seems to have left my hair oily and coarse. Also, not everyone has been happy with them as a hair product.

As a body wash, using my sponge, this product lathers easily and very thickly. Great. I can even use my bare hands, though I find that with a sponge, it just lathers better.

I've only used it as a bubble bath literally once or twice and as that, found it all but useless not to mention wasteful. I had to drizzle a lot of product under my running bath water before I could get the thinnest bubbles, which then dissipated in big amounts in as fast as 5 minutes. Yet to be fair, I never expected this to be any good as a shampoo, body wash AND bubble bath too, therefore I haven't marked it down in this review in its ineffectivness as the third.

It doesn't last in my hair/shower or on my person long, although I don't really mind as I never expected it to and my intention's always been to wear another scent afterwards anyway.

For $16 + tax USD, frozen lemon custard has lasted me over 6 months so far as of this review; value-wise, I'm quite happy with that.

This 3-in-1's fragrance hasn't endeared itself to me as much as the first 2 I tried, cinnamon buns and melon daquiri. Plus, I've started getting a bit sick of the smell, an objection I didn't have with buns and daquiri.

To me, basically a good product with some flaws. I suggest considering how much you'd truly like the scent in the long run since you're probably going to have it for over half a year. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2006 2:51:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this, and though it smells exactly like a frozen lemon custard, it is nothing I could get too excited about. I would never spend my hard-earned money on this product. As far as the Philosophy line goes, this 3-in-1 is forgettable.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2006 6:11:00 PM More reviews by jordand121089

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great lemoon scent. It has a sweet note to it. if u like lemon scents check out philosophy sugar cookie adn lemonade